Sponsored by:

The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2023, 03:08 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 690 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy
That makes zero sense unless he’s selling it to someone he is close enough to that he wants to gift them 7 figures. The car will sell for over $200k on the open market.
Asking prices aren't selling prices, 200-220, people are asking for tourings. No reason to be a cheapass and skimp or give a SHTT about 5-10k when you spent 200k+ on a car and drive it for free for a few years. this whole I WOULDNT TAKE LESS THAN 200K OR NOTHING....your being a cheapass and it's just greedy imo

And he isn't getting CPO pricing either, below is what he is competing with basically (PCCB and PTS pretty much off setting each other), below will probably move at realistically 190-195

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Also you always get less as a private party

Last edited by welikethetrack; 05-25-2023 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-25-2023, 03:24 PM
alcoolmag911
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
Asking prices aren't selling prices, 200-220, people are asking for tourings. No reason to be a cheapass and skimp or give a SHTT about 5-10k when you spent 200k+ on a car and drive it for free for a few years. this whole I WOULDNT TAKE LESS THAN 200K OR NOTHING....your being a cheapass and it's just greedy imo

And he isn't getting CPO pricing either, below is what he is competing with basically (PCCB and PTS pretty much off setting each other), below will probably move at realistically 190-195

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
yea because graphite blue is everyones favorite PTS. Sorry but not all PTS are equal. if that fetches 200 his car should fetch 210.
Old 05-25-2023, 06:19 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 403 Posts

I don’t agree that a person always gets less with a private party transaction. No doubt it is more work to sell privately than driving to a dealer and trading it in. But, why would someone get less privately? I understand if someone is purchasing another car to replace it that there are tax considerations to factor in, so there is that. Nevertheless it’s been my experience with more expensive cars that private party sales can bring higher amounts. Otherwise if buying another car no one would bother to sell it privately. I do agree, if the amount a buyer can get at the dealer with trade + tax savings is = to what one could get privately, then trade it every time.
The following users liked this post:
8250RPM (05-25-2023)
Old 05-25-2023, 06:37 PM
Acropora8
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Usually people sell private because they want something in between trading it into a dealer vs what the dealer would sell it for. Not all states have tax savings on trade-ins as well which is more of a reason to sell private.
welikethetrack (05-25-2023)
Old 05-25-2023, 08:17 PM
J9277655
Rennlist Member

Received 326 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by CubsFan1
I don’t agree that a person always gets less with a private party transaction. No doubt it is more work to sell privately than driving to a dealer and trading it in. But, why would someone get less privately? I understand if someone is purchasing another car to replace it that there are tax considerations to factor in, so there is that. Nevertheless it’s been my experience with more expensive cars that private party sales can bring higher amounts. Otherwise if buying another car no one would bother to sell it privately. I do agree, if the amount a buyer can get at the dealer with trade + tax savings is = to what one could get privately, then trade it every time.

I would actually generally disagree. I've always found the trouble of privately selling a car to be well worth it monetarily vs the easier route of trading it to a dealer or working with a broker.
welikethetrack (05-25-2023)
Old 05-25-2023, 08:30 PM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 616 Likes on 349 Posts

I’ve always received a positive spread selling a car privately vs trading in, even with tax credits taken into account.

Sometimes though it is just plain easier and time is $

Contact me for the best pricing on Quality Parts
- alex@lepetitgarage.us

LePetitGarage.us // @_lepetitgarage on Instagram
Old 05-25-2023, 09:03 PM
Ro_Ja Boy
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 124 Posts

I’m a few states, you don’t pay sales tax on private party cars so it’s well worth it in those states to pay more from a private seller than a dealer.

And my point is still valid. Anything you sell for less than it’s worth you are giving the difference to the buyer. You think that seller would rather give $10k (at a monimum) to a stranger over their family member? It literally doesn’t make sense what you’re saying.

Either way, I think his question has been answered on appropriate price range.

Whats the newest car for sale?
Old 05-25-2023, 09:34 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

In the search I have going on regarding 991.2 3MT cars, there seem to be several red cars and white cars, a few yellow, a couple of Miami Blue and Chalk and then various PTS.

1. What are the most sought after non-PTS colors?
2. Are all PTS colors equally valuable? (Some variants are just not attractive, but I know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder)
Disclaimer: I am in the process of looking for one with the idea of enjoying it till it is time to upgrade it, thus maintaining value is also somewhat of a consideration.

Thanks for your insights.
Old 05-25-2023, 11:06 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CubsFan1
you would be the first person barring any tax stuff aside that I’ve ever heard claim you get more as a private party than a dealer. I think most will shovel a good 10-15% more to a P dealer just because it’s safer (or Bmw/Audi/etc albeit less of a premium, but still a premium)

when I sold my gt3rs, I was very happy I sold to a Porsche dealer and didnt have to deal with a private party. They 100% could get a lot more than me (and did) and that car was pristine condition
Old 05-25-2023, 11:11 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
In the search I have going on regarding 991.2 3MT cars, there seem to be several red cars and white cars, a few yellow, a couple of Miami Blue and Chalk and then various PTS.

2. Are all PTS colors equally valuable? (Some variants are just not attractive, but I know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder)
Disclaimer: I am in the process of looking for one with the idea of enjoying it till it is time to upgrade it, thus maintaining value is also somewhat of a consideration.

Miami blue 100%, then I would probably guess graphite blue as they’re the rarest and most unique, maybe carmine after that. Def Miami on the 991.2 Rs

on pts def not, something like Oslo blue or signal yellow (one of my favs) or some kind of unique bold color will usually bring more. But Also something like acid green or mint green are pretty freaking weird to a lot of people and you need to find the right buyer. Then there’s the ones that get lost like the greys and blacks that are just kinda unique and bring a little premium.

I would that dudes British racing green above as the higher end of pts value. Def a hot color
BostonDMD (05-25-2023)
Old 05-25-2023, 11:39 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,658 Likes on 923 Posts

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...omments-anchor

looks like $70k drop as the same car with less desirable options went for that much more 2 months ago.
Old 05-25-2023, 11:58 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...omments-anchor

looks like $70k drop as the same car with less desirable options went for that much more 2 months ago.
yeah i got offered 30 over on 992 gt3rs so no clue why people are paying over that for a gt3…

sticker coming shortly
Old 05-26-2023, 12:31 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

How does Oak Green, differentiate from British Geeen?
Old 05-26-2023, 01:41 AM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,193 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD

Trying to put a "value" to PTS is a fool's errand. What a color is worth to you or to me may not be the same as it is for person X, Y, Z. Certainly, to me, having PTS was worth the $13,000 surcharge. I routinely get compliments on the color of my PTS Touring when I am out and about in LA. But I also had someone on RL say my car looks like it was unpainted from the factory. And others have opined why I would pay $13,000 for an "off-white" color? Ha, ha. To each, their own.

I do not think you are going to find a universally loved car color any more than you are going to find a universally loved, well, pretty much anything. Buy what you want, not what the next owner might want.

The following 6 users liked this post by Porsche911GTS'16:
BostonDMD (05-26-2023), fractionofawhole (05-26-2023), Guaji (05-26-2023), Itzkirb (05-26-2023), TheDangerZone (05-26-2023), welikethetrack (05-26-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-26-2023, 10:27 AM
TheDangerZone
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche911GTS'16
Trying to put a "value" to PTS is a fool's errand. What a color is worth to you or to me may not be the same as it is for person X, Y, Z. Certainly, to me, having PTS was worth the $13,000 surcharge. I routinely get compliments on the color of my PTS Touring when I am out and about in LA. But I also had someone on RL say my car looks like it was unpainted from the factory. And others have opined why I would pay $13,000 for an "off-white" color? Ha, ha. To each, their own.

I do not think you are going to find a universally loved car color any more than you are going to find a universally loved, well, pretty much anything. Buy what you want, not what the next owner might want.
Looking good, what color is it?

I'm always surprised when people compliment the color of my Chalk touring. I personally like it (it's acceptable, I do daydream about blue or green), but I did not expect others to pay the color any attention.
The following 2 users liked this post by TheDangerZone:
fractionofawhole (05-26-2023), Porsche911GTS'16 (05-27-2023)

Quick Reply: The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...