Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2022, 03:32 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 723 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by achenator
Uhh ever heard of a Huracan? lol
hahaha

I know more cheapasses that think they can get into a gt3 and out and not lose money and hence why they want a gt3 than anyone that wants a huracan...

Hence why I think this gt market (all of it, every gen, mine included) is pretty much a house of cards ready to fall given the amount of dreamers buying them and trying to flip, not really actually driving them....usually a terrible sign for future values.

instantly "collectible" and not driven is the corvette effect (I know, yikes)....if it is collectible new and people don't drive them....they just don't move on price because there is too many good examples available and popularity kind of wanes as time goes on with too many good examples available.

Cars that actually hold value are typically not really sold well at inception (CGT/late manual Ferrari's/LFA/s2kCR) or the popular ones are ran into the ground by actual enthusiasts (NSX,e46, e30, supra, s2000, etc.) making a very popular car pretty rare to find anything decent on hence making them desirable and rare again.

EDIT: 996/997 have kind of been run into the ground

Last edited by welikethetrack; 12-13-2022 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-13-2022, 08:02 PM
wkf94025
Rennlist Member

Received 538 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
Hence why I think this gt market (all of it, every gen, mine included) is pretty much a house of cards ready to fall given the amount of dreamers buying them and trying to flip, not really actually driving them....usually a terrible sign for future values.
Sound like the kind of car Sam Bankman-Fried would own...
Old 12-14-2022, 08:36 AM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 977 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by wkf94025
Sound like the kind of car Sam Bankman-Fried would own...
Cashed in my .2's with some sucker yesterday in a straight up trade for his FTT. Haven't slept that well in months. Got out of the GT3 market just in time.
Old 12-14-2022, 09:04 AM
esmo
AutoX

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi guys,
I didn't want to start new thread and I guess this could be the right one where to put my question.
My dad is about to get in GT3 cars, his main goal is 991.2 with low mileage, PDK, nice desired color (PTS would be great but not many of them are for sale at the moment in Europe, yes we're from centre of Europe), front lift, chrono etc.
He is not focusing on track usage, weekend drives around countryside is just enough for him. Budget max 185k€ / $197k.
I found this particular piece, which seems really nice from my point of view. I know it lacks buckets and PCCB, but everything else looks just fine.
Can you share your opinion with me on this car? My main concern is about losing of its value, since my dad keeps his cars only for ... let's say one year.
And I am sorry for my messy english :-)
https://www.british-sportscars.com/c...91-gt3-mk2-new

Last edited by esmo; 12-14-2022 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:31 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by esmo
Hi guys,
I didn't want to start new thread and I guess this could be the right one where to put my question.
My dad is about to get in GT3 cars, his main goal is 991.2 with low mileage, PDK, nice desired color (PTS would be great but not many of them are for sale at the moment in Europe, yes we're from centre of Europe), front lift, chrono etc.
He is not focusing on track usage, weekend drives around countryside is just enough for him. Budget max 185k€ / $197k.
I found this particular piece, which seems really nice from my point of view. I know it lacks buckets and PCCB, but everything else looks just fine.
Can you share your opinion with me on this car? My main concern is about losing of its value, since my dad keeps his cars only for ... let's say one year.
And I am sorry for my messy english :-)
https://www.british-sportscars.com/c...91-gt3-mk2-new
The GT3 is great for the track, but can be enjoyed for weekends drives as you suggest. However, a manual is more enjoyable for what you described for usage and that’s always debatable just my opinion I’ve had both. GT3’s are high revving cars and below 5k RPM it’s a bore as it lacks torque due to the track focus gearing. Lastly, if your big concern is losing value it will because the market is still tipping below the peak. Also PDK, no PCCB’s, and manual will be less desirable and the car should be out of warranty. I only state those things as you said it was a concern, and your English is fine by the way. Good luck ………..
The following users liked this post:
esmo (12-14-2022)
Old 12-14-2022, 11:19 AM
esmo
AutoX

Originally Posted by Maverick787
The GT3 is great for the track, but can be enjoyed for weekends drives as you suggest. However, a manual is more enjoyable for what you described for usage and that’s always debatable just my opinion I’ve had both. GT3’s are high revving cars and below 5k RPM it’s a bore as it lacks torque due to the track focus gearing. Lastly, if your big concern is losing value it will because the market is still tipping below the peak. Also PDK, no PCCB’s, and manual will be less desirable and the car should be out of warranty. I only state those things as you said it was a concern, and your English is fine by the way. Good luck ………..
Thanks for your input Mav.
The thing is, he had Carrera T this year with 7-speed manual, enjoyed car a lot, but now he knows PDK will suits him better, got more confidence with it and so on.
But yes, loosing value if we pick wrong spected car is a big concern, that’s why I am still not sure about those seats, because I guess most of people wants to track their GT3s … on the other hand I don’t think with this budget we can get low mileage with PCCB and buckets…
The following users liked this post:
Maverick787 (12-14-2022)
Old 12-14-2022, 01:19 PM
fractionofawhole
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 56 Posts

I wouldn't worry too much about the seats, or really any of the specific options you called out. When I was searching for a GT3 it was a roughly 50/50 split on cars with sofas vs those with buckets, so there's clearly a large portion of GT buyers that opt for non-bucket seats. Same goes for PCCB, tho that was probably more a 60/40 split in favor of PCCB. But again, there is a large portion of GT buyers that opt for non-ceramics. 6MT seems to hold value a little bit better than PDKs, but again in my search it was roughly a 50/50 split on spec'd transmission.

Markets are still correcting and that's likely going to continue for the foreseeable future, so if you're truly worried about losing value you shouldn't be buying a car right now. Honestly with that mentality you may never want to buy a car as they're liabilities, not assets (with incredibly rare exceptions, in non-bubble market times). This is especially true if you think your dad will only keep the car for roughly a year. If you can put aside the fact that you're basically guaranteed to lose value, buy the car that has specs that work for you (or your dad in this instance). Don't worry about what the next owner may want. Worry about what YOU want and the specs that matter to you.
The following 2 users liked this post by fractionofawhole:
esmo (12-14-2022), Palting (12-14-2022)
Old 12-14-2022, 02:26 PM
esmo
AutoX

Originally Posted by fractionofawhole
I wouldn't worry too much about the seats, or really any of the specific options you called out. When I was searching for a GT3 it was a roughly 50/50 split on cars with sofas vs those with buckets, so there's clearly a large portion of GT buyers that opt for non-bucket seats. Same goes for PCCB, tho that was probably more a 60/40 split in favor of PCCB. But again, there is a large portion of GT buyers that opt for non-ceramics. 6MT seems to hold value a little bit better than PDKs, but again in my search it was roughly a 50/50 split on spec'd transmission.

Markets are still correcting and that's likely going to continue for the foreseeable future, so if you're truly worried about losing value you shouldn't be buying a car right now. Honestly with that mentality you may never want to buy a car as they're liabilities, not assets (with incredibly rare exceptions, in non-bubble market times). This is especially true if you think your dad will only keep the car for roughly a year. If you can put aside the fact that you're basically guaranteed to lose value, buy the car that has specs that work for you (or your dad in this instance). Don't worry about what the next owner may want. Worry about what YOU want and the specs that matter to you.
Thank you for your opinion as well.
I will take note about the current market situation you are talking about. Just last thing, then I will stop spamming this thread :-)
About that "fear of losing value", it's more about losing tens of thousands due to picking car with unpopular specs, which will be hard to sell afterwards. Losing something is predictable and ok, of course best scenario is be even after selling.
Or be in profit (haha), as we were successful after selling T he previously owned. 10k€ in plus. That was the moment "ok, let's get some proper GT"
I understand that the Porsche market is more specific, than BMW we are used to. BMW cars are ... just all the same. Thousands of similar cars.
We are just new to this market and afraid not to do some "financial flop". But as I see if the car is speced with front lift, chrono and low mileage, we should be fine...
Thanks for your time guys.

Last edited by esmo; 12-14-2022 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-14-2022, 06:39 PM
fijibubba
Burning Brakes

Received 631 Likes on 335 Posts

If you're looking for a car to pile miles on and prefer to have the sofas and an accident documented..... heres your chance to maybe beat the price down and grab one.

$189,000 2019 Lizard 3RS 26,601 miles, WP, PDLS, PCCB's, Sofa's, FALs, Carbon Fiber Window Triangle, Bose, 28 gal tank.

WP0AF2A9XKS164763

https://www.lvcarseast.com/vdp/19470...Vegas-NV-89104
Attached Images    

Last edited by fijibubba; 12-14-2022 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-14-2022, 09:20 PM
rjongco
Rennlist Member

Received 266 Likes on 125 Posts

Almost all of those miles after the accident…probably not a bad option for someone who doesn’t mind the baggage
Old 12-14-2022, 09:31 PM
GT-HP
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Looks good now. But it was in this condition before. It had undercarriage damages. FYI

https://plc.ua/en/auctions/lot/porsc...63-1-69812442/

Originally Posted by fijibubba
If you're looking for a car to pile miles on and prefer to have the sofas and an accident documented..... heres your chance to maybe beat the price down and grab one.

$189,000 2019 Lizard 3RS 26,601 miles, WP, PDLS, PCCB's, Sofa's, FALs, Carbon Fiber Window Triangle, Bose, 28 gal tank.

WP0AF2A9XKS164763

https://www.lvcarseast.com/vdp/19470...Vegas-NV-89104
Old 12-18-2022, 10:12 AM
rickster997
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 53 Posts
Default GT3RS asking prices and options

deleted

Last edited by rickster997; 12-18-2022 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-20-2022, 10:29 AM
TheDangerZone
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
Missing a lot of interior fluff (extended leather, carbon, deviated stitching, lit sills), but I like interior fluff in a Touring.

Has some miles. Not the end of the world - wouldn’t be a major issue for me.

Sofas are a bummer.

I’d say maybe $205-210 OTD? High 190s BAT price with fees. Curious to see where it ends up - already at MSRP with a week to go. Could end up strong money for a moderate spec.

Not many true higher spec Tourings for sale right now (at least that I’ve run across).

Seller did a great job presenting it - that always seems to make such a huge difference on BAT.

Interesting seeing the PPF pics - it really shows how blue JBM can be in certain lighting. I have flat black now and previously had JBM in a 992 - big difference.
Hammered at 194k, so 199k after BaT fees. Solid deal IMO. 176k MSRP. Had FAL, PCCB, extended tank but missing buckets. Those were the key options to me, at least.
Old 12-20-2022, 11:55 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,508 Likes on 2,828 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDangerZone
Hammered at 194k, so 199k after BaT fees. Solid deal IMO. 176k MSRP. Had FAL, PCCB, extended tank but missing buckets. Those were the key options to me, at least.
$194k is at least $5k less than I figured - definitely a strong deal.

Buckets were a deal breaker for me - IMO they add more to resale than their retail cost. I think they were $5k originally, but I'd suggest at least $10k in value added (I know some people will disagree with that).

Last edited by rk-d; 12-20-2022 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-20-2022, 01:29 PM
dapopa9
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GT-HP
Looks good now. But it was in this condition before. It had undercarriage damages. FYI

https://plc.ua/en/auctions/lot/porsc...63-1-69812442/

Possible the odometer has been rolled back on this car? Or the new for sale listing is wrong?

In those old wreck pics it shows the OD at 26,602 miles which is more than what the car is now listed at and repaired.

Quick Reply: The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...