Sponsored by:

The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2022, 11:17 PM
sbrsport
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cooler2442
Great spec but overpriced. A Voodoo & Viper Green PTS .1 RS with similar miles/spec went for around 220ish in the last few months and that would have been the "top."
Called the dealer. It is a consignment car, hence the price. But otherwise, it is a gorgeous car.
Old 09-06-2022, 03:09 AM
grigory
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mnawa
what about the spec? Curious.
I think lack of PCCB and black color (some people just don’t want black on this kind of cars).
Old 09-06-2022, 08:44 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,010 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by dinkman
this was a bit of a shocker: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2018-porsche-gt3-120/

either people were not paying attention due to the holiday or the market really is softening a bit
what is shocking about the selling price .
33k above MSRP plus fees for 2018 GT3 . I think this is better than what I expected.
Pre covid these things were selling below MSRP and they were only a year or two old
The following 2 users liked this post by pitt911:
GT3 Mike (09-07-2022), vernontwg (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 09:56 AM
Rod27
Pro

Received 221 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by pitt911
what is shocking about the selling price .
33k above MSRP plus fees for 2018 GT3 . I think this is better than what I expected.
Pre covid these things were selling below MSRP and they were only a year or two old
ICE vehicles were not being phased out, especially in California, so this is the new normal.
Old 09-06-2022, 11:15 AM
Dguth
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 91 Posts

I would stop comparing cost of things to pre-covid. No matter what industry you are in. Those days are long gone and will be sometime if not ever for things to reset to those levels.
The following users liked this post:
Randy M (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 11:26 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 723 Likes on 333 Posts

I'm reading many posts of hoping that prices go down. For any of that to happen the gov't will have to stop printing money, inflation will have to go down, supply chain issues will have to be reversed and demand will have to go down. Rates are higher but imo most who look for a GT3 aren't exactly looking at their monthly payments and considering whether or not they can afford it.

The market may be softening a bit as many are losing their *** in the market but even if prices go down $20K on avg there will be no 'deals' on GT3's.
Old 09-06-2022, 11:28 AM
mnawa
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 133 Posts

Last two posts sound an awful lot like some friends of mine who were flipping homes right before the housing crash.
The following 4 users liked this post by mnawa:
ChrisF (09-07-2022), GT3 Mike (09-07-2022), lawrence1 (09-06-2022), Rod27 (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 11:38 AM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
I'm reading many posts of hoping that prices go down. For any of that to happen the gov't will have to stop printing money, inflation will have to go down, supply chain issues will have to be reversed and demand will have to go down. Rates are higher but imo most who look for a GT3 aren't exactly looking at their monthly payments and considering whether or not they can afford it.

The market may be softening a bit as many are losing their *** in the market but even if prices go down $20K on avg there will be no 'deals' on GT3's.
While I agree that those things are required for prices to go down (not just on GT3s or even cars in general), they all seem to be in process of occurring

a. the government aren't the ones who print money but either way, fiscal policy is contractionary vs expansive right now
b. inflation came in lower last month than prior (so likely peaked, although still elevated)
c. supply chain issues are being resolved, Porsche made a good number of cars in Q2, a lift from Q1

But in the end, I agree that there's not going to be any $150k mint condition PTS mexico blue 991.2 on offer unless there was a total economic collapse which is certainly nothing to hope for. $20k lower than current selling prices would bring 10k mile cars in line with MSRP or even a touch lower which seems reasonable.
Old 09-06-2022, 11:52 AM
Airbag997
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by maroli
While I agree that those things are required for prices to go down (not just on GT3s or even cars in general), they all seem to be in process of occurring

a. the government aren't the ones who print money but either way, fiscal policy is contractionary vs expansive right now
b. inflation came in lower last month than prior (so likely peaked, although still elevated)
c. supply chain issues are being resolved, Porsche made a good number of cars in Q2, a lift from Q1

But in the end, I agree that there's not going to be any $150k mint condition PTS mexico blue 991.2 on offer unless there was a total economic collapse which is certainly nothing to hope for. $20k lower than current selling prices would bring 10k mile cars in line with MSRP or even a touch lower which seems reasonable.
Joey B just dropped a trillion bucks courtesy of the printing press, looking to drop another trillion on student loan forgiveness, inflation has not peaked. Historically (1970's-80's being most recent data point) interest rates needed to roughly double beyond CPI to reign in inflation, that points to ~16-18% interest rates. We haven't seen that yet. The worst is yet to come IMO. Never has their been a bubble of everything in conjunction with record high prices, record low wages, and record high inflation at the same time. October should get real ugly in the stock market as investors look to balance out for tax season.
The following 2 users liked this post by Airbag997:
nilrents (09-06-2022), Rod27 (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 12:07 PM
Rod27
Pro

Received 221 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Airbag997
Joey B just dropped a trillion bucks courtesy of the printing press, looking to drop another trillion on student loan forgiveness, inflation has not peaked. Historically (1970's-80's being most recent data point) interest rates needed to roughly double beyond CPI to reign in inflation, that points to ~16-18% interest rates. We haven't seen that yet. The worst is yet to come IMO. Never has their been a bubble of everything in conjunction with record high prices, record low wages, and record high inflation at the same time. October should get real ugly in the stock market as investors look to balance out for tax season.
agreed except for record low wages…..they are forcing them higher due to inflation. Google and Facebook can afford it. I can’t.
Old 09-06-2022, 12:10 PM
Airbag997
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rod27
agreed except for record low wages…..they are forcing them higher due to inflation. Google and Facebook can afford it. I can’t.
Record low wages wrt to cost of goods. Never has the disparity been higher. Wages are only meaningful relative to cost of living. Dems can raise minimum wage all they want, but prices will just rise nullifying any real increase in wages.
The following 2 users liked this post by Airbag997:
nilrents (09-06-2022), Rod27 (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 12:25 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Airbag997
The Fed operates independently of the government; Powell has been around for both administrations. Whatever is fiscally approved in terms of spending pales in comparison to the impact of prolonged low interest rates, which is why every single OECD country is pretty much struggling with inflation. With regards to your take on the persistence of inflation, I respectfully disagree; based on the last wholesale CPI and PPI reports and where yields are currently trading, it will take nothing like double current inflation in terms of rates to bring inflation down meaningfully (although perhaps not to sub 3% that easily). Demand-based factors appear to figure much more prominently in the current bout vs stagflation of 80s but hey, I could be wrong and if I am, there's a pretty easy way to bet against me / the consensus. Agree stock market may have a ways to go in terms of selling off further but that's more downwards pressure on inflation to me.
Old 09-06-2022, 12:30 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,451 Likes on 776 Posts

No one knows what will happen in the next 6-18months but what seems more "likely" is that prices will go down. How much? It's anyone's guess but with 992 GT3 production ending and switching over to the 992 GT3RS along with all of the issues in Europe I don't think it will fall as quickly as most seem to hope. My guess is 10% or so drop in the next 6-12months.
Old 09-06-2022, 12:42 PM
Airbag997
Rennlist Member

The Fed operates independently of the government; Powell has been around for both administrations. Whatever is fiscally approved in terms of spending pales in comparison to the impact of prolonged low interest rates, which is why every single OECD country is pretty much struggling with inflation. With regards to your take on the persistence of inflation, I respectfully disagree; based on the last wholesale CPI and PPI reports and where yields are currently trading, it will take nothing like double current inflation in terms of rates to bring inflation down meaningfully (although perhaps not to sub 3% that easily). Demand-based factors appear to figure much more prominently in the current bout vs stagflation of 80s but hey, I could be wrong and if I am, there's a pretty easy way to bet against me / the consensus. Agree stock market may have a ways to go in terms of selling off further but that's more downwards pressure on inflation to me.
Fundamental point here is whenever the government artificially infuses the economy with large $ amounts, inflation rises.

You hit the nail on the head. Near 0% rates since what, ~09 ? This is a $65 trillion debt bubble that's just starting to deflate. Bubble of everything. Never have PE ratios been so ludicrous, historically ~20-25, many, i.e. Tesla at 97! It's absolutely ridiculous. And unlike the late 1970/early 80's, never has there been such a wage to cost of living disparity. Prices in real-estate and stocks will come crashing down. Supply and demand is nullified when the vast majority of buyers are priced out of markets.

IMO we will see double digit interest rates, just a a matter of time. It's inevitable. The data never lies.
Old 09-06-2022, 12:42 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,740 Likes on 877 Posts

You mean the inflation in Europe wasn't caused by Joe? But all the TV ads for the republican candidates tell me its Joe Biden and even Tony Evers fault... Who knew, Tony Evers had such an impact on Europe!

Seriously though, I believe the transportation cost spike increases that occurred 12-18 months ago (containers going from $2k to upwards of $20k), were a large reason for real inflation. Depending on the items being produced and shipped, this increased the cost of goods by 5-30% in my business, and that was passed directly to the consumer; this occurred in nearly every consumer goods product that required overseas transportation. The transportations costs started normalizing a few months ago, and we'll continue to see inflation decline. European inflation definitely now also being impacted and driven by increased energy costs, which is why the Euro dropped below $1 US

I agree though, overall costs will not be back to 2019 levels.
The following users liked this post:
maroli (09-06-2022)

Quick Reply: The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...