Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS to become a future classic ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 05:14 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

del
Old 10-13-2019, 05:15 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,092 Likes on 1,009 Posts

2 door Panamera

The following users liked this post:
Bobby 911 (10-13-2019)
Old 10-13-2019, 05:23 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

992 dashboard,
shall we wait 30 years?

Originally Posted by white6speed
30 years from now there will be no ICE's and gas could be $30 a gallon or more and one would have to wonder about parts and technicians.
Have fun while you can.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:17 PM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Received 645 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
I agree that if there is electric or turbo 992 GT3/RS the .2's will go up instantly in value.
for 992 they will have ITB's and better tuning and hp to 550 it will be next gen or 992.2 which will have some form of kers

either way by then Tesla roadster will be out and it will redefine the entire field .... for better or worse
Old 10-13-2019, 09:27 PM
twospyders
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

The economy is strong. Collector cars are at near peak prices. Expensive cars have never sold in such quantities- Ever. These cars will all be worth less at some point in the future before they ultimately go back up (yes- there will be an exception and you won’t have it). Buy cars to enjoy- not as an investment. Certainly not now.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:12 PM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by twospyders
The economy is strong. Collector cars are at near peak prices. Expensive cars have never sold in such quantities- Ever. These cars will all be worth less at some point in the future before they ultimately go back up (yes- there will be an exception and you won’t have it). Buy cars to enjoy- not as an investment. Certainly not now.
I have to say looking at the back end of my RS whenever I open garage door.... yum... that's gotta worth some $$ regardless of mileage and vintage... beautiful car with many lovely lines and creases... delicious in GT Silver
Old 10-13-2019, 11:14 PM
twospyders
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by catdog2
I have to say looking at the back end of my RS whenever I open garage door.... yum... that's gotta worth some $$ regardless of mileage and vintage... beautiful car with many lovely lines and creases... delicious in GT Silver
Nothing compared to the priceless driving pleasure. Imagine if yours were manual...
Old 10-14-2019, 12:28 AM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by twospyders
Nothing compared to the priceless driving pleasure. Imagine if yours were manual...
True but that pdk-s is mental at speed, sounds like a sequential gearbox with the close ratio gears under full throttle .. no manual compares to that. Ideally need an RS and an old school 997 gt3 or a touring.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:53 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,628 Likes on 2,313 Posts

perhaps I do not understand the term
do you mean "classic" in the classical sense or do you mean "classic" as in $$$
S2000
MX5
MGTD, MGA, MGB
DB5
NSX, original

most car guys who has been around a while will more or less agree these are "classics"
some are getting expensive
some are cheap
some are reliable
some are reliably unreliable
some were produced in small quantities
some were made in HUGE number

if by classic you mean $$$
I am fairly certain that 991 in any variant will never exceed the $ of similar 997RS4.0

but I am not sure why all that matters.
if you like it buy it drive it
then you get old and die
money is gone
fun was had

cheers
Old 10-14-2019, 01:03 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 972 Likes on 364 Posts

Old 10-14-2019, 01:08 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,781 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Classic. Fml. Another crap value thread in the 991 forum
You guys should really just take the rs $ and buy stacks of quarters
it would be more fun for you to count them and more fun for us with less value threads
a new hobby maybe

or here’s an idea. A contest.
you buy a 991.2RS and bubble wrap it.
you add up cost of cash, storage, maintained, replacing your bubble every few years, insurance
i take the $ and invest it

20 yrs pass

i will win.

here’s why

i will come out with more $

you didn’t enjoy the car so what’s the fking point?

and you’ll have less cash to show for it

In the meantime I’ll have put over 300k miles on my cars combined

And I’ll have the memories to go with them

Last edited by Spyerx; 10-14-2019 at 01:25 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Spyerx:
catdog2 (10-14-2019), michaeldorian (03-27-2021), WernerE (10-23-2019)
Old 10-14-2019, 01:14 AM
AllAboutThatP
Burning Brakes

Received 557 Likes on 278 Posts

But are they pre ‘64 quarters? Because only those are classics with 90% silver content.
catdog2 (10-14-2019)
Old 10-14-2019, 01:46 AM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

I have have to say more annoying value dribble here than on any other marque's forum ...whether Ferrari, Maserati, Alfa, bmw... you name it..

have to find me some of those silver quarters...
Spyerx (10-14-2019)
Old 10-14-2019, 01:54 AM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Received 662 Likes on 277 Posts

Time to move this thread to a Pokemon forum.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:29 AM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by catdog2
True but that pdk-s is mental at speed, sounds like a sequential gearbox with the close ratio gears under full throttle .. no manual compares to that. Ideally need an RS and an old school 997 gt3 or a touring.

agreed and I was the most hard headed three pedal only guy before the .2 RS PDK-S. You certainly can’t compare it to a “manual” nor automatic.

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Classic. Fml. Another crap value thread in the 991 forum
You guys should really just take the rs $ and buy stacks of quarters
it would be more fun for you to count them and more fun for us with less value threads
a new hobby maybe

or here’s an idea. A contest.
you buy a 991.2RS and bubble wrap it.
you add up cost of cash, storage, maintained, replacing your bubble every few years, insurance
i take the $ and invest it

20 yrs pass

i will win.

here’s why

i will come out with more $

you didn’t enjoy the car so what’s the fking point?

and you’ll have less cash to show for it

In the meantime I’ll have put over 300k miles on my cars combined

And I’ll have the memories to go with them
Originally Posted by welikethetrack
This has literally never happened, and probably never will, a higher end trim (more expensive, better engine, lighter, etc.) being worth less than its lesser trim because of an option....the only time it’s come close is the 430 manual and scuderia. And 599 gtb manual and gto.....And the only reason it got kind of close is the manuals were SO insanely rare. AND ferrari cut off all gated manuals....using that example I’d say the the touring doesn’t have a snowballs chance in hell of becoming a classic. The r was the “first” AND numbered, it will dwarf the price of a touring in years to come, IF you want to bubble wrap a car to stare at as an “investment” and you are holding a touring for that I suggest u swap and get the r immediately if your a huge touring fan. This is the smallest delta between a touring and a 911 r you WILL EVER SEE! if you want something to drive that won’t depreciate as much as most other cars get a 991.2 gt3 manual.

The only way the 991.2 3rs becomes a future classic and fast is if they go hybrid on the next one. Other than that, no one will care. Your touring people saying it’s rare are the same as saying a non wp or the 908 or 808 or whichever will be worth WAY more than the others because it’s rare....it’s the same car. It might have a small premium but...not much and it was a costly option

YOUR TOURING WILL NEVER BE WORTH MUCH MORE THAN a 991.2 gt3 manual...ITS A FREE OPTION YIKES come on now

If i could bet you and turn the clocks forward 30 years I would bet the bank your wrong....there’s 100,000 awesome manual Porsche’s. There’s not that many awesome N/A GT high revving RS’s without a 3rd pedal and a great gearbox. Fast forward 30 years and I think it will be a wrinkle in time that existed....I was strictly and I mean strictly a 3 pedal guy and now with the friends I have that don’t drove manual, the gearboxes shifting times these things have, and my experience with a 430 scuderia (that fraction in time where Ferrari made one of the most insane engines of all time AND put it on a crazy 60ms single clutch f1 automated manual tranny before it was all dual clutch and hybrid and turbos) have taught me we have another wave of awesome we will most likely never see again. Porsche will move on to turbos and hybrid....if u look back and want something that looks crazy, has an N/A Motorsport engine, and is “raw” I think the 991 RS is awesome.

and let me just add in that I love the 997’s more than all of them personally, but the most insane racecar they’ve ever made is the 991.2 3rs....it’s to me somehow more raw than even a 997, loud stiff, dramatic. Literally no other manufacturer u could say that with at the moment
Originally Posted by mooty
perhaps I do not understand the term
do you mean "classic" in the classical sense or do you mean "classic" as in $$$
S2000
MX5
MGTD, MGA, MGB
DB5
NSX, original

most car guys who has been around a while will more or less agree these are "classics"
some are getting expensive
some are cheap
some are reliable
some are reliably unreliable
some were produced in small quantities
some were made in HUGE number

if by classic you mean $$$
I am fairly certain that 991 in any variant will never exceed the $ of similar 997RS4.0

but I am not sure why all that matters.
if you like it buy it drive it
then you get old and die
money is gone
fun was had

cheers
nailed it! ....as always. Thanks for your experienced input WeLikeTheTrack and Mooty, and Spyerx

Last edited by Dot23RS; 10-14-2019 at 04:52 AM.
welikethetrack (10-14-2019)

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS to become a future classic ?