Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Lift Shift

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 03:27 PM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Here I was, thinking how blessed we are that Porsche took the "pure" way with the GT3 and did not tune in any fake farts, crackles and pops...
The following 2 users liked this post by erik_plus8:
NevB (09-14-2019), RockyTopTenn (09-13-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 10:22 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,529 Likes on 5,056 Posts

I think the PDK owners are feeling left out.

Someone needs to start a "PDK No Lift Shift" thread.
The following users liked this post:
RockyTopTenn (09-13-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 10:29 PM
iphilips
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit

Well if I was in a PDK I'd want to manually blip on downshift. That is why GT Porsches allow you to go into neutral when you pull both paddles, it's so you can rev match (either down or up shifting) and not have the computer do it for you - you know to keep it pure.
Old 09-13-2019, 12:03 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,018 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit

That made me laugh I guess we just get used to pulling the paddle to flat foot or no lift shift - evolution
Old 09-13-2019, 12:21 AM
RockyTopTenn
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 144 Posts

I found a new "sport mode feature" tonight. Hit the gas, accelerating thru 3rd and 4th, with no lift of course. Then I changed lanes to get around some traffic and dropped back down to 3rd (with my foot on the gas, waiting to nail it). The revs jumped up to match and i let the clutch about half out right as another car ahead of me swerved in my lane, cutting me off. I instantly let my foot completely off the gas, but the auto-rev FLOORED the throttle, accelerating the car and I almost rear-ended the guy ahead of me! This code version is still quite buggy...
The following users liked this post:
NevB (09-13-2019)
Old 09-13-2019, 12:44 PM
carbondan
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by RockyTopTenn
I found a new "sport mode feature" tonight. Hit the gas, accelerating thru 3rd and 4th, with no lift of course. Then I changed lanes to get around some traffic and dropped back down to 3rd (with my foot on the gas, waiting to nail it). The revs jumped up to match and i let the clutch about half out right as another car ahead of me swerved in my lane, cutting me off. I instantly let my foot completely off the gas, but the auto-rev FLOORED the throttle, accelerating the car and I almost rear-ended the guy ahead of me! This code version is still quite buggy...
Wow thanks for the heads up on that, fortunately I have never had the conditions to have that result but now I'll be aware of it.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:41 PM
iphilips
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by RockyTopTenn
Umm, why are you holding throttle in on a down shift? Why when clutch was half out didn't you just put it all the way back in or fully engage it? It's unfair to call this a bug, sounds like user error. I don't think people actually drive around with the clutch half out and mash the throttle pedal, do they?

Quick Reply: No Lift Shift