Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 10:06 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanCO

Way to throw a wet blanket on our “Jerry Springer Thread” - cause that’s what this thread has turned into...

Agree with your post and hoping for timely resolution for those whom lost their deposits.

Ha! Sry Bryan - this episode of Jerry Springer was just getting exciting...

I hope the same - that customers get their deposits or their cars and we move on.....
Old 09-16-2018, 10:10 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Five12Free

most criminals aren’t first time offenders. 77% of criminals are repeat offenders, so in some form of fashion there should have been some indicators of the suspect’s personal behavior. Most employers conduct background checks, credit checks and drug tests for this reason. So statistically, there should have been some background information that should have stood out to Champion Porsche on the suspect. On that aspect alone, they failed.
60 percent of the time, it works every time......

More speculation....while your speculation might have statistical support (albeit flawed or manipulated statistics), it is still only speculation.

Do you know that Champion did not perform a background check? And if they did not, do you know if Sookrali had some criminal history that would have been revealed had a background check been performed? I'm going to assume that the answers to both of these questions are that you don't know = speculation.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:12 PM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by 911therapy
60 percent of the time, it works every time......

More speculation....while your speculation might have statistical support (albeit flawed or manipulated statistics), it is still only speculation.

Do you know that Champion did not perform a background check? And if they did not, do you know if Sookrali had some criminal history that would have been revealed had a background check been performed. I'm going to assume that the answers to both of these questions are that you don't know = speculation.
I don’t need any other facts to prove my point: 1) he worked there 2) FBI statistics on criminal recidivism states that the current rate is 77%

these are facts, not speculation.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:14 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
Sorry to hear that Jack, this just confirms that both Champion and Porsche NA knew there was something going
Porsche in Zuffenhausen can receive a build code- doesn't mean that Porsche itself is 'in' on anything except building automobiles.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:19 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 767 Likes on 559 Posts

There has to be a mistress or hot girlfriend somewhere in this reality show.....you know when things come out there will be)
Old 09-16-2018, 10:23 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

I don’t need any other facts to prove my point: 1) he worked there 2) FBI statistics on criminal recidivism states that the current rate is 77%

these are facts, not speculation.

Couldnt disagree more. FBI statistics are not facts - FBI statistics would not even be admissible for proving guilt at any criminal trial. But, frankly, I think you are arguing with the wrong person. Champion is on the hook for the deposits because he was their employee. An employer is liable for the acts of the employee while the employee is acting within the scope of his employment (respondeat superior). But, you seem to be trying to impart some further/extra liability upon Champion. Not sure why.

salesman stole money - dealer has to repay customer. End of story. Its not rocket science, nor is it new-never-seen-before-happenings. It just so happened to a popular dealer and a popular brand.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:24 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
This thread is great

I have a car coming from Champion in November...one bad apple doesn't make the entire dealership bad

Reminds me of 997 days and Eddie at RPW
Hey Randy...long time!....hope you get the car. Yeah whatever happened with Eddie RPW ....also whatever happened with Rad and his hit and run ordeal?
Old 09-16-2018, 10:36 PM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by 911therapy
Couldnt disagree more. FBI statistics are not facts. I hope you are never indicted by the feds and have to accept everything the FBI says as pure fact (seriously I dont wish an indictment upon anyone). But, frankly, I think you are arguing with the wrong person. Champion is on the hook for the deposits because he was their employee. An employer is liable for the acts of the employee while the employee is acting within the scope of his employment (respondeat superior). But, you seem to be trying to impart some further/extra liability upon Champion. Not sure why.

salesman stole money - dealer has to repay customer. End of story. Its not rocket science, nor is it new-never-seen-before-happenings. It just so happened to a popular dealer and a popular brand.
uhh hate to break it to you, but they are facts. It’s simple arithmetic, not rocket science to compute the number of times a suspect has been arrested previously. Numbers are objective, period.

Now, I’m not trying to increase or imply liability on Champion. But since you are accusing me of speculating I might as well do some of that. I will just state they probably could’ve done more screening since he was employed there.... especially as an executive (which a VP is in my mind, their website words not mine). The more responsibility a person has, the greater vetting must be.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:38 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Sooner or later this is what will happen. So easy to wire a deposit. I myself am guilty. Thats one of the reasons I give a CC for my deposit.

We are so trusting of people that when an allocation is available, we are like we won the jackpot.

No difference than a ponzi scheme. I am sure those people who got their car not to their spec probably got the cars of somebody else.

I cant wait to hear when he is caught and goes to jail.

What I am waiting on is how PCNA is going to do about it, they can deny it but they allowed this BS about flipping cars and they are part to blame.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:48 PM
Semitone
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by abiazis
There has to be a mistress or hot girlfriend somewhere in this reality show.....you know when things come out there will be)
Nah...needs another whole secret family with another half dozen kids to make it really prime material. A single mistress or GF would be bush league.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:51 PM
Bartleby7334
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

most criminals aren’t first time offenders. 77% of criminals are repeat offenders, so in some form of fashion there should have been some indicators of the suspect’s personal behavior. Most employers conduct background checks, credit checks and drug tests for this reason. So statistically, there should have been some background information that should have stood out to Champion Porsche on the suspect. On that aspect alone, they failed.

Old 09-16-2018, 11:07 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,249 Likes on 1,260 Posts

Bingo!

And I guess our dear friend "911therapy" also missed the part about Shiraaz and the 911r lawsuit. No red flags there.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 09-16-2018 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-16-2018, 11:09 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Red face

uhh hate to break it to you, but they are facts. It’s simple arithmetic, not rocket science to compute the number of times a suspect has been arrested previously. Numbers are objective, period.

Now, I’m not trying to increase or imply liability on Champion. But since you are accusing me of speculating I might as well do some of that. I will just state they probably could’ve done more screening since he was employed there.... especially as an executive (which a VP is in my mind, their website words not mine). The more responsibility a person has, the greater vetting must be.
Lets use your number/stat...77 percent. Is it entirely possible that sookrali fell in the 23 percent category (of a person with no prior criminal history)? You'd give me that wouldnt you? The reality is that you dont know if he did or didnt have prior criminal history. your stat of 77 percent simply says that 77 percent of people that commit crimes have committed them before or will commit again. But a criminal has to start somewhere right? They arent born with a criminal record.

And like I said before, you do not know if Champion did in fact perform a background check and nothing showed up.....thats the key fact, based on your hypothetical. My point is your level of knowledge of what champion did or didnt do is speculation on your part. Why speculate? and why does it matter? Champion owes the refunds and they ought to pony up. And most likely will. where else does this have to go?

not sure why I am in this debate...did it to myself I suppose...
Old 09-16-2018, 11:12 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Bingo!

And I guess our dear friend "911therapy" also missed the part about Shiraaz and the 911r lawsuit. No red flags there.
I'm afraid you too are missing the point - champion is liable for the actions of sookrali. No one disputes that. What more do you want? And whats your point after we all agree as to that point?
Old 09-16-2018, 11:17 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Bingo!

Ha, I just realized that your "bingo" is tied to the criminal history check posted above. Please tell me you are not assuming thats the one and the same and, even if it is, that those crimes were on his record when he became employed by Champion.....Does the date of birth and social security number match? These are rhetorical questions, I know you dont have the answers.

If you are, dont dare google your first and last name under a criminal history search......

Cmon guys, you are too intelligent to rely on gossip and speculation. Especially when it doesnt matter. To anyone.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing