GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 01:22 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Wasn't Shiraaz married into the family?
I thought Shiraaz and Mitra were brother in law?
I don't believe I've heard that. Dave Maraj only has two sons from what I know. Whether some other family connections, I'm not aware of.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:22 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,282 Posts

Originally Posted by 911therapy
I do not know much (really anything) about the 911r issue. Nor do I care - Champion is on the hook for the deposits. So I do not see a need to dig deeper into the well. If the customers are made whole, that ends the matter Some folks seem to want to be made whole AND extract a pound of flesh...for something that didnt happen to them.
Now youre conveniently deflecting, given that you admitted to not knowing anything about the 911r lawsuit from 2016.
You started out asserting that there were indeed SAFEGUARDS taken by Champion and how would anyone of us know that they didnt do a criminal background check or any due-diligence. - - - Now, you conveniently dont care about his having been named as a defendant in a 911r lawsuit.

Perhaps you should avoid jumping into a thread real late in the game.
Or not bothering to read everything that has been presented.... even when it (the 911r lawsuit) was posted by STG just 2 pages back on Page #79.
It makes you look lazy and stupid.

Here, I will help enable your laziness one more time:

The most damning piece of evidence that the dealership knew Sookralli was at least capable of something like this comes from another lawsuit filed against both parties by a second dealer earlier this year. Back in the summer of 2016, M & L Luxury Cars entered into agreements to buy two $500,000 Porsche 911Rs, one directly from Champion through Sookralli and the second from an entity called Rampage Motors Inc.—another one of Sookralli's shells.

The first car was never delivered, resulting in a protracted back-and-forth over the state of the $350,000 deposit. The second was delivered but at a $350,000 markup, and M & L Luxury Cars' demand for a refund was met with a series of bad checks from Sookralli before the lawsuit was filed this February. Seeing as how Champion Porsche is directly named in the suit, it's impossible to believe the dealership didn't know about Sookralli's apparent predilection for fraud. Whether that constitutes legal liability relating to the current case will be a critical point of contention for both sides going forward.

Kyle Cheromcha, The Drive

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 09-17-2018 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:27 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
Can you help square your comment at the top with your post just above? In other words, if you never saw any signs of fraud, why do you think the theft is "way more" than $2.5M?
Was wondering the same thing. Glad I'm not the only one finding it difficult to balance redstreak's posts.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:28 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,282 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
It seemed to be a well known fact at the dealership. What we don't know is why he finally cracked and took the cash and ran?? Seems to coincide with Dave Maraj's (Champions owner) mysterious drowning death.

Slipped and hit his head while boat was docked at the Boca Country club. Police called at 2:15am in the morning! More questions than answers.

I hear the investigation may have been reopened. I need to confirm that.
Given the latest events, I would not be surprised to hear of this.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:30 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

I can't imagine that the ownership would be complicit unless this was purely a tax dodge on their part. Think about it for a second: would you forgo millions of dollars every year for as long as you decided to work just to grab a fraction of that and end the revenue stream for eternity?

Doesn't make sense unless they truly thought this could be a tax dodge they could keep running for a long time.

Blow the whole thing up for 2.5 million or make 2.5 million every year for the next 30 years.

I just don't see the upside for the owner in it. The employee absolutely.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:32 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by RedStreak
Just to clear things up everything negative I have said is about shiraaz sorry about my error up there. Mitra as far as I know is a person of high moral caliber. Like his father was. He though of shiraaz as his brother. I highly doubt champion had anything to do with this disaster. I really believe it was only shiraaz from what I know. Whether you think I’m credible or not this is the truth based on my experience.
I can see this happening. Befriending and/or trusting someone usually means less oversight. "Trust, but verify" isn't always the case...
Old 09-17-2018, 01:36 PM
RedStreak
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
Was wondering the same thing. Glad I'm not the only one finding it difficult to balance redstreak's posts.
I’ve talked to people there, one person who I mentioned the 2.5mil replied with “you think that’s all he stole? That’s pocket change” which leads me to believe he had other illicit dealings that will come to light.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:37 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Tell us more about Shiraaz. Did he really have 10 kids? With how many women? Were there any clear warning signs that he would do something like this? Did he own any Porsches himself? Etc.
Yes please, we'd really like to get some more info on the man. Was he a manual kinda guy or PDK? Aspirated or turbo? GT3 with a wing or touring?
Old 09-17-2018, 01:39 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 344 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
Yes please, we'd really like to get some more info on the man. Was he a manual kinda guy or PDK? Aspirated or turbo? GT3 with a wing or touring?
lol
Old 09-17-2018, 01:40 PM
Suitcase
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Cyber Mob Rule

rich kid or not mitra is a good guy. He would never scam people like this or influence something like this.
Just to be very clear, Mitra is a good guy. Champion is an excellent dealership with very many knowledgeable, honest and honorable employees. They have delivered thousands of Porsches and have thousands of happy customers. How else do you get to be the #1 dealership in the U.S.? Let's not make RL the lynch mob for ruining good people's reputations based on inaccuracies, speculation and a mob rule mentality.

What we know is this: A salesman working for Champion allegedly took customer deposits for Porsche automobiles and deposited the funds in an account which included the name Champion but was not an account of Copans Motors or Champion Porsche as we know it. That salesman is missing, the deposits that went into an account controlled by that salesman are missing and the customers affected did not receive either a car or the return of their deposit.

As of now, Champion Porsche, under Mitra Maraj's direction, is working to find out who the victims are and make them whole. If Champion didn't take the deposit how would they even know who was ripped off? This may take some time. For all we know there may be more victims and even fake victims. I would expect that the authorities are looking for SS, the alleged perpetrator. I say alleged because to the best of my knowledge he has not been convicted of this crime. This is still the U.S.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:40 PM
993KHTO
Racer

yeab I understand but it was a mistake. And I just corrected it so it’s not a contradiction anymore. If you want to know anything PM me.
PM Sent.
Thank you.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:48 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Streak
I can't imagine that the ownership would be complicit unless this was purely a tax dodge on their part. Think about it for a second: would you forgo millions of dollars every year for as long as you decided to work just to grab a fraction of that and end the revenue stream for eternity?

Doesn't make sense unless they truly thought this could be a tax dodge they could keep running for a long time.

Blow the whole thing up for 2.5 million or make 2.5 million every year for the next 30 years.

I just don't see the upside for the owner in it. The employee absolutely.
Agreed. If they were as close as it seems, I can see the owner being blindsided by SS also. When you have a close relationship with someone, either personally or professionally, it's just human nature to trust that person. Unfortunately, sometimes that trust is violated, and this is what it seems like. It doesn't make any business sense, from a risk/reward perspective.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:50 PM
993KHTO
Racer

Originally Posted by C5driver
Agreed. If they were as close as it seems, I can see the owner being blindsided by SS also.
Totally blindsided even after the Fellow Assets 911r (aka Rampage 911r)? Never saw it coming?
Old 09-17-2018, 01:53 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 993KHTO
Totally blindsided even after the Fellow Assets 911r (aka Rampage 911r)? Never saw it coming?
Possibly. I'm just saying if they were close, SS may have fed a bunch of bs to cover himself. All speculation on our part...
Old 09-17-2018, 01:53 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by C5driver
Agreed. If they were as close as it seems, I can see the owner being blindsided by SS also. When you have a close relationship with someone, either personally or professionally, it's just human nature to trust that person. Unfortunately, sometimes that trust is violated, and this is what it seems like. It doesn't make any business sense, from a risk/reward perspective.

Nobody was that blindsided as to Shiraaz's character.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing