Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 03:55 PM
Evilfrog
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
That is correct. That's in the legal documents on page one. As is the garnishment for a $167K AMEX bill. As is the litigation against him and Champion on the 911R scam we conjured up.

Visit the first page of the thread. All listed there.
Has the 911R issue been resolved?
Old 09-16-2018, 03:59 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Evilfrog
Has the 911R issue been resolved?
Don't think we know for certain. Someone would have to call and do follow up.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:05 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
Utter BS right there. If you jump to conclusions without knowing the facts first then make contact with your clients but later, maybe only one day later, discover that all isn't as you initially thought then you are walking back your initial comments and promises. Better to take a breath before making the situation worse. You would be silly to react immediately without knowing exactly what happened first particularly with an ongoing criminal proceeding and the 100% likelihood of getting sued. And gag their employees from making a bad situation worse as well. A calm and measured response vs a knee-jerk reaction that might be wrong. Easy choice.

I'm not absolving Champion of their culpability and obligations to their clients that got screwed. Not even a little bit. It was their employee so they are on the hook.

I just don't think they've done anything wrong by getting more information before making any representations about what happened and how they would or could rectify it.

I'm also a contractor and if a client called me making accusations I would, before representing anything to the client, call the sub to get that side of the story and go put eyes on the situation myself. Imagine if my knee jerk reaction was to represent that I would take care of everything then found out the client wasn't telling the whole story or the sub had a legitimate reason for whatever happened. That happens all the time. Then I'm in a very awkward position. A worse one.

In this case you are talking about a lot of money and more than just one client and the "sub" has disappeared leaving you in the dark.

I have zero issue with their communication and they are responsible to make this right in my opinion.
We just disagree then which is of course totally ok

I get word of these types of allegations against anything involving me/my company and I make them public to my clients instead of keeping them in the dark/unaware and let them find out for themselves via a thread on "Homelist," for sure with the assistance of my attorney and/or I put my attorney cap on & brush off the license. I let them know I'm at least aware of the allegations while I am investigating rather than let them worry/stress for 10 days with no contact. Would never do that to my clients, I try my best to fall on the sword for them if I have to (always open for communication middle of the night even and eat some costs for them) and I think I've been rewarded for that approach.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:23 PM
rsierra
Banned

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

The comments here by the some of the alleged attorneys are quite disturbing. It's no wonder the US has become the most litigious society in the world, the comments are also good examples of why attorneys in general have bad reputations. I'm no attorney but I thought you're innocent until proven guilty.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:33 PM
STG
Race Director

They keep coming in ...

https://www.motor1.com/news/266234/c...illion-lawuit/

Name:  photo580.jpg
Views: 1732
Size:  805.8 KBName:  photo666.jpg
Views: 1518
Size:  639.2 KBName:  photo441.jpg
Views: 1442
Size:  584.9 KBName:  photo215.jpg
Views: 1460
Size:  697.7 KB
Old 09-16-2018, 04:36 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,873 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
the information suggests Champion knew, he did it before 2 years ago and they were garnishing his wages, so they knew what he was capable of and knew how he did it.
They weren’t garnishing his wages, Amex was; and wage garnishment isn’t terribly uncommon. And we have no idea what the actual facts of the other case was or what his role was determined to be. You guys know those are pleadings, not a judgement, right?
Old 09-16-2018, 04:38 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rsierra
The comments here by the some of the alleged attorneys are quite disturbing. It's no wonder the US has become the most litigious society in the world, the comments are also good examples of why attorneys in general have bad reputations. I'm no attorney but I thought you're innocent until proven guilty.

im not defending attorneys, but innocent til proven guilty is true, but here it sounds like we have one suspect on the run and he may have accomplices, its only smart to do an investigation before the arrest
Old 09-16-2018, 04:45 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes

They weren’t garnishing his wages, Amex was; and wage garnishment isn’t terribly uncommon. And we have no idea what the actual facts of the other case was or what his role was determined to be. You guys know those are pleadings, not a judgement, right?

speaks to his shadiness, employer had to know because its a hassle for paperwork, especially if he's got a income based on commission, Ive seen it before, these guys try to hide money, ask you to put it in wives name, etc etc, bottom line is ADM is dirty dealing on many levels, now we know where some of the cars brokers get you come from, the dealerships themselves- and of course we already knew some dealers will buy an allocation from another for over list.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:47 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by STG
UPDATE on STORY

Fraudulently stolen deposits in question totaling around $2.5 million that he took from customers for Porsche GT car deposits.

Shiraaz Sookralli was VP of Marketing at Champion Porsche and handled all GT car sales and allocations. They are the #1 volume Porsche dealer in the USA. He is now missing and on the run.

He set up his own shill company called Champion Autosports and took deposits for Porsche GT car allocations through it.

He is now missing. He was also involved in some fraudulent activity at Champion Porsche earlier this year and last year regarding a 911R. He was allowed to continue his employment with them after that which allowed him to further his $2.5MM fraud. He has supposedly been with Champion Porsche around 10 years.

There are PDF's of public court filings linked below on the 911R fraud incident and this new one on the stolen $2.5MM. His wife Devika Budhram is also listed as an accomplice.

It looks as if Champion IS NOT honoring their deposits right now, but directing victims to their attorney. Champion is also calling themselves a "victim". Bad customer relations treating their customers like this. They have offered no apologies and management isn't taking victims calls.

I feel very sorry for the guys who were taken advantage of here. Hopefully some resolution by PCNA / Porsche Cars North America and Champion Porsche here happens.

What a joke this whole Porsche GT car deposit thing is. Some USA dealers are probably holding a couple million $$ each in interest free $$.

Shiraaz Sookralli
Champion Porsche

Attachment 1290885

Shiraaz and Devika
Attachment 1290887

LEGAL FILINGS:

911R fraud incident

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...entid=1290833&

$2.5MM fraud

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...entid=1290801&

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...entid=1290803&

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...entid=1290802&

Details:

Copans Motors = legit company dba as Champion Porsche / Motorsports

Champion Autosports: Shill company by Shiraaz

Rampage Motorsports: Shill company by Shiraaz

* Shill company Champion Autosports was started back in 2010!! This fraud scheme seems to go back a LONG TIME.

Attachment 1290963

Attachment 1290898

STORY ON THE DRIVE:

Attachment 1290974

http://www.thedrive.com/news/23576/a...buyer-deposits

Attachment 1290989

https://jalopnik.com/a-rep-from-the-...ski-1829066180

**** Archimedes, do some reading. Follow the links to the legal findings.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:56 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dark knight
speaks to his shadiness, employer had to know because its a hassle for paperwork, especially if he's got a income based on commission, Ive seen it before, these guys try to hide money, ask you to put it in wives name, etc etc, bottom line is ADM is dirty dealing on many levels, now we know where some of the cars brokers get you come from, the dealerships themselves- and of course we already knew some dealers will buy an allocation from another for over list.
well said
Old 09-16-2018, 05:31 PM
Walt L
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

YIKES!!!
Better call "Saul"
Old 09-16-2018, 06:27 PM
STG
Race Director

UK DAILY MAIL. BIG TIME.

This rat won't be able to hide out for long. He's hit all sorts of international news outlets.

Name:  photo812.jpg
Views: 1435
Size:  1.12 MB

Name:  photo624.jpg
Views: 1298
Size:  191.8 KB

Name:  photo142.jpg
Views: 1670
Size:  967.6 KB

Shiraaz on the right side.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...5-million.html
Old 09-16-2018, 06:33 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

^ Wow awesome
Old 09-16-2018, 06:38 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Would be awesome to read the confession email.
Old 09-16-2018, 06:39 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,421 Likes on 2,514 Posts

I had missed the part about him emailing the dealership and confessing. Do we have the email? Could someone provide a link to it?

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing