Sponsored by:

PCNA to delay GT3 Production?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 01:55 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I heard from Jamie, apparently GT production has been suspended for 3 wks in April, pushing all subsequent builds back accordingly, seems to to PTS paint delivery related.
Seems weird that PTS paint delivery affects the production for "all" GT cars, including non-PTS.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:57 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,594 Likes on 2,339 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Seems weird that PTS paint delivery affects the production for "all" GT cars, including non-PTS.
beats me ...
Old 03-14-2018, 02:10 AM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 269 Posts

I heard from Jamie, apparently GT production has been suspended for 3 wks in April, pushing all subsequent builds back accordingly, seems to to PTS paint delivery related.
Krap. I was an “expected March 30th entry to body shop build.”

My car is a radio delete car (personal preference, leave me alone), so car must be build before May since all cars produced from May 2018 must have a back camera per US regulations, i.e, my car then will have the damn radio.

Oh well. I have an allocation and a commission number. I am actually excited and very, very thankfully lol
Old 03-14-2018, 02:14 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by neurotic

Krap. I was an “expected March 30th entry to body shop build.”

My car is a radio delete car (personal preference, leave me alone), so car must be build before May since all cars produced from May 2018 must have a back camera per US regulations, i.e, my car then will have the damn radio.

Oh well. I have an allocation and a commission number. I am actually excited and very, very thankfully lol
dont give up hope yet - it was implied that the suspension was in some way related to deliveries of PTS paints ... so your car may still yet get built sans camera!
Old 03-14-2018, 02:26 AM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 269 Posts

dont give up hope yet - it was implied that the suspension was in some way related to deliveries of PTS paints ... so your car may still yet get built sans camera!
i also have a PTS car hahaha
Old 03-14-2018, 12:48 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by neurotic
i also have a PTS car hahaha
then I fear your build is in the lap of the Porsche gods - ask your SA to look in the internal build system, see what your 'expected' dates are currently... fingers crossed
Old 03-14-2018, 01:22 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

These mishaps should not happen in a build -to-order production system. They should NOT have taken the order first and then finding out whether they can fulfill it. The system should be able to check whether they are in a position to fulfill the order before accepting it. The classic example of taking all the orders they can to look good on the books as revenue and then reject it after their accounting reconciliation. It would be in violation of accounting practice if its a US public trading company. But then these practices are well known in EU corporates.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:03 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by henryting
These mishaps should not happen in a build -to-order production system. They should NOT have taken the order first and then finding out whether they can fulfill it. The system should be able to check whether they are in a position to fulfill the order before accepting it. The classic example of taking all the orders they can to look good on the books as revenue and then reject it after their accounting reconciliation. It would be in violation of accounting practice if its a US public trading company. But then these practices are well known in EU corporates.

That is truly hilarious. Porsche is pumping up their GT orders to cook their books. *LOL*

If anyone ever wonders why more and more Porsche dealers in the US refuse to take GT deposits from unknown clients, please refer to this post.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:14 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
That is truly hilarious. Porsche is pumping up their GT orders to cook their books. *LOL*

If anyone ever wonders why more and more Porsche dealers in the US refuse to take GT deposits from unknown clients, please refer to this post.
Do your own research : Tesla got in trouble with SEC once for doing just that.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:26 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Except that they don't book revenue on 'orders' and what you suggest would violate IFRS as well. So there's that.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:30 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

No, Tesla's issues were related to cars that were already produced but still in transit to dealers and pro-forma non-GAAP data presentation. Neither related to GAAP revenue recognition.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:35 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Did PTS people really think you would get your car in a timely fashion? That has always been the exception not the rule with PTS and CXX.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:42 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

You are lost.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:26 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

That PCNA note is mixing different issues. Overall production delay, production capacity limits, and production forecasting not correctly constrained by predicted materials availability.

Just in time manufacturing and just in time materials delivery are one thing if you're making a Kia, and something very different if you have highly customized cars. It's possible that one part from one supplier could be delayed which could delay an entire build. 3rd party suppliers don't always meet their forecasts.

I'm not sure this is as 'across the board' as it is described. My build has slowly been pulled up after initially being pushed back many months. Paint was locked a while ago, though.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:27 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 273 Likes on 131 Posts

Well, just found out I got hit too. As of today entering Body Shop 06/15 and Entry Port 08/10. Originally 04/20 body shop and 06/15 entry port, so almost 2 month delay as of today. But whatever, these dates are not final and often change back and forth. I was told another March production car was pushed back to June at some point but turns out that as of today it already entered the body shop. So... don't panic... stay calm.. unless you got euro delivery... then you don't know which way to go...

Quick Reply: PCNA to delay GT3 Production?