Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCNA to delay GT3 Production?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 11:03 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

Seems like it is mostly a PTS issue? Could be mistaken.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:17 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

It's not for all GT models as some people are reporting their builds are moving up earlier. Either it's not all GT builds or the one's reporting quicker builds are mistaken or not being informed by their dealers.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:25 PM
samkumar
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rshanholtz
Got the news today that my GT3 was further delayed by an additional 2 months on top of the 3 months it was delayed last month. So in the last 60 days, my car has moved back 5 months. At this point, I have zero faith the car will be produced prior to summer shutdown. Can’t help but thinking these delays are tied to Porsche pushing cars to the EU and pushing back all ROW cars.
I'm in the NE too, specifically in NYC and I've see other NE cars delayed as well. I've been sitting at V260 since 1/22 nearly two months. My delivery was pushed back from 3/15 to 4/15 to now 5/11.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:26 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by carrering
My delivery is moved back to July 3rd officially.

Here is what i got today: Note that it says delay in production to ALL GT models. and for mine specifically because Paint. my paint color is Yellow Green.

Thank you for your patience in my researching your European delivery schedule. I am sorry for the lag as well as for not reaching out sooner. As you may now be aware, there has been a delay in production of all GT models. Due to this delay, your vehicle delivery date that was originally confirmed, is no longer possible due to production capacity. Furthermore, we can not and should not have provided delivery date confirmation until the special materials in this case, paint, arrives in house. Our sincerest apologies for not catching this and sending out the welcome email to you prematurely.

XXX

Again, my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and please let me know if there is anything that we can do to make it up to you. Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Alexander Folz
Porsche European Delivery Program
Porsche Cars North America
One Porsche Drive
Atlanta, GA 30354
Originally Posted by FourT6and2
It's not for all GT models as some people are reporting their builds are moving up earlier. Either it's not all GT builds or the one's reporting quicker builds are mistaken or not being informed by their dealers.
See above in bold straight from PCNA.... it is interesting, wonder what is going on over there
Old 03-13-2018, 11:35 PM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by samkumar
I'm in the NE too, specifically in NYC and I've see other NE cars delayed as well. I've been sitting at V260 since 1/22 nearly two months. My delivery was pushed back from 3/15 to 4/15 to now 5/11.
Wow, almost two months in V260; that's crazy! Do you have a lot of cxx options?
Old 03-13-2018, 11:35 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
See above in bold straight from PCNA.... it is interesting, wonder what is going on over there
Yes. That is what I'm responding to. Hopefully it all gets sorted...
Old 03-13-2018, 11:43 PM
samkumar
Instructor

Originally Posted by hayn911gt3
Wow, almost two months in V260; that's crazy! Do you have a lot of cxx options?
Not at all. only option that is not "normal" is the painted interior even that is straight from the configurator. Very frustrating to say the least..
Old 03-13-2018, 11:44 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

My PTS with deviated stitching flipped to V250 few days ago. If delays are in play, then why move my build ahead and lock it ?
Why not keep my build at V215 until delays are addressed ?
Old 03-13-2018, 11:46 PM
samkumar
Instructor

Got the news today that my GT3 was further delayed by an additional 2 months on top of the 3 months it was delayed last month. So in the last 60 days, my car has moved back 5 months. At this point, I have zero faith the car will be produced prior to summer shutdown. Can’t help but thinking these delays are tied to Porsche pushing cars to the EU and pushing back all ROW cars.

I agree with your thinking. Pushing EU cars with the NA engine before sept. When is Summer shutdown typically.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:47 PM
samkumar
Instructor

Originally Posted by 0to60
My PTS with deviated stitching flipped to V250 few days ago. If delays are in play, then why move my build ahead and lock it ?
Why not keep my build at V215 until delays are addressed ?
Getting to 250 or 260 is not the hard part. It's getting the car completed. Please let us know when you move to the next stage. Thanks a lot.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:49 PM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 67 Posts

I agree with your thinking. Pushing EU cars with the NA engine before sept. When is Summer shutdown typically.
Normally it is 3-4 weeks. This year, summer shutdown may be a bit longer due to the 992 switch-over.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:50 PM
samkumar
Instructor

Normally it is 3-4 weeks. This year, summer shutdown may be a bit longer due to the 992 switch-over.
What month or months
Old 03-13-2018, 11:56 PM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 67 Posts

What month or months
Historically the normal summer vacation shutdown is in August.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:41 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

The more I think about this the more its getting on my nerves. I had a deposit on this car for over 2 years. I had a perfect schedule lined up including a private track day which my professional acquaintances had to pull many favors to arrange all for not. I have family members and friends that have to cancel their trip all together now. I can't go in July or August. I have friends picking up cars and they have deposits down for track days that they will likely lose. I know its first world problems but I had to work my *** off to be able to buy this car. Now it looks like I miss an entire season with it. Doesn't Porsche owe those affected more than a canned letter of apology?
Old 03-14-2018, 01:49 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,610 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by carrering
My delivery is moved back to July 3rd officially.

Here is what i got today: Note that it says delay in production to ALL GT models. and for mine specifically because Paint. my paint color is Yellow Green.

Thank you for your patience in my researching your European delivery schedule. I am sorry for the lag as well as for not reaching out sooner. As you may now be aware, there has been a delay in production of all GT models. Due to this delay, your vehicle delivery date that was originally confirmed, is no longer possible due to production capacity. Furthermore, we can not and should not have provided delivery date confirmation until the special materials in this case, paint, arrives in house. Our sincerest apologies for not catching this and sending out the welcome email to you prematurely.

XXX

Again, my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and please let me know if there is anything that we can do to make it up to you. Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Alexander Folz
Porsche European Delivery Program
Porsche Cars North America
One Porsche Drive
Atlanta, GA 30354
I heard from Jamie, apparently GT production has been suspended for 3 wks in April, pushing all subsequent builds back accordingly, seems to to PTS paint delivery related.

Quick Reply: PCNA to delay GT3 Production?