PCNA to delay GT3 Production?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 02:07 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,236 Likes on 608 Posts

updates on the cayenne- we have been informed that rhodium silver will join the cayenne lineup...odd as it is seemingly getting phased out at the same time on sports cars. Still no news but my remaining build visibility is not the same as some other dealers
Old 03-13-2018, 02:16 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Hi CJ,

Just FYI - you have had a carmine red GT3 listed for sale at MSRP on your website since mid January when it received a VIN.

If it's for sale at MSRP, that would be a fantastic deal for someone on Rennlist.

Warm regards,
Chicago Whale

Last edited by ChicagoWhale; 03-13-2018 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:38 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
AFAIK the car does not enter the production line at all ... it may be painted (not sure) but it will wait until *all* the parts can be delivered onto the line before it commences its journey... the barcode on the back bumper is "read" as the chassis travels across the main road from
the paint shop to the (top of) the production line, and literally (JIT) robot "trains" deliver the components to each station on the line just before the car they are destined for arrives there... AFIAK there is no mechanism to take the car off the line in mid production due to a part not being
available...

When I did the factory tour there was a 911 close to the end of the line that was missing the PCM, the cables for it were hanging out the hole where the PCM went. I asked our guide what happened, he said that the parts weren't available at that stage of assembly. They can't pull the car off the line, and if the parts are missing or wrong they will install what they have. Things get correct afterwards. Some stuff like seats are delivered within an hour of the time they need them. We were told they just don't have the room to stage everything needed so some things are delivered right before they are needed. This was 4 years ago, so things may have changed since then.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:17 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

My manager just called to inform me my PTS manual GT3 which locks 3/16 with 6/22 delivery has been delayed 3 months! No reason given, although he is going to enquire. Bummer. No CXX or anything unusual.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:10 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,610 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
My manager just called to inform me my PTS manual GT3 which locks 3/16 with 6/22 delivery has been delayed 3 months! No reason given, although he is going to enquire. Bummer. No CXX or anything unusual.
uugh...
Old 03-13-2018, 09:16 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Default Latest...

While I have not heard back from PCNA yet (Jaime is on vacation) as of today my internal production schedule (as of today) is showing my (PTS+CXX) car is now showing a vehicle completion date of 06/15 instead of the 04/20 it had done previously...

got to unravel all my ED plans for Manthey, DN#19, and PSDS G-Force events etc etc ...

Old 03-13-2018, 09:26 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

While I have not heard back from PCNA yet (Jaime is on vacation) as of today my internal production schedule (as of today) is showing my (PTS+CXX) car is now showing a vehicle completion date of 06/15 instead of the 04/20 it had done previously...

got to unravel all my ED plans for Manthey, DN#19, and PSDS G-Force events etc etc ...

Man, that REALLY sucks.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:32 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Man, that REALLY sucks.
Yeah based on my ED date of 5/22 I was fully signed up for an alignment at Manthey on the 23rd, their Ring track day on the 24th, the Destination Nurburgring #19 track day on the 25th and the PSDS G-Force 2 day course at Boxberg on the 26th and 27th and I was about to extend my insurance in order to also sign up for the PSDS at the Ring on 6/11&12 ...

While I haven't heard back from PCNA ... given those dates from the internal system - looks like I wont be doing any of those ... unless they do what they did when ED was "suspended" late last year and provided ED customers with "confirmed" ED dates with a "courtesy" car instead of their GT3 (which they were not able to deliver due to some issue with the gov't)

I'll report back when I hear any scoop from PCNA ...
Old 03-13-2018, 09:40 PM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 67 Posts

Got the news today that my GT3 was further delayed by an additional 2 months on top of the 3 months it was delayed last month. So in the last 60 days, my car has moved back 5 months. At this point, I have zero faith the car will be produced prior to summer shutdown. Can’t help but thinking these delays are tied to Porsche pushing cars to the EU and pushing back all ROW cars.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:43 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rshanholtz
Got the news today that my GT3 was further delayed by an additional 2 months on top of the 3 months it was delayed last month. So in the last 60 days, my car has moved back 5 months. At this point, I have zero faith the car will be produced prior to summer shutdown. Can’t help but thinking these delays are tied to Porsche pushing cars to the EU and pushing back all ROW cars.
that *really* sucks - this generation's production schedule is a complete cluster f**k IMO what with the suspension of the ED program late last year, the (usual) PTS "drama", and now what appears to be a fairly random "weekly raffle" for actual production slots... when (if ever) will we get our cars???
Old 03-13-2018, 09:49 PM
Norcalgt3
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 85 Posts

that *really* sucks - this generation's production schedule is a complete cluster f**k IMO what with the suspension of the ED program late last year, the (usual) PTS "drama", and now what appears to be a fairly random "weekly raffle" for actual production slots... when (if ever) will we get our cars???
did your date change too?
Old 03-13-2018, 09:53 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Norcalgt3

did your date change too?
yes see above ... internal system is now showing C.P 8.0 as expected 06/15 instead of 4/20 (which it had been since I placed the order back in aug/sept of last year) which has f**ked up my ED date of 5/22 and all the plans I had locked in for that date.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:28 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

although having thought about this ...I dont have any insight into what happens in the paintshop w.r.t the whole JIT line, I assume that they paint them in the same order as they will enter the line,
but its possible that they have some "holding" capacity there where they can languish until their particular slot becomes available - it would make sense to (at least) partially decouple painting from
production... a question to ask next time I take the factory tour ... whenever that might be!
Paint is Station 1
Old 03-13-2018, 10:37 PM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rshanholtz
yes see above ... internal system is now showing C.P 8.0 as expected 06/15 instead of 4/20 (which it had been since I placed the order back in aug/sept of last year) which has f**ked up my ED date of 5/22 and all the plans I had locked in for that date.
Sorry to hear that everybody. Did any of your cars enter production and get stuck at V260 or are you guys waiting for it to reach V250. Mines been at V260 since last month so it's been frustrating not to see it get completed.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:47 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

My delivery is moved back to July 3rd officially.

Here is what i got today: Note that it says delay in production to ALL GT models. and for mine specifically because Paint. my paint color is Yellow Green.

Thank you for your patience in my researching your European delivery schedule. I am sorry for the lag as well as for not reaching out sooner. As you may now be aware, there has been a delay in production of all GT models. Due to this delay, your vehicle delivery date that was originally confirmed, is no longer possible due to production capacity. Furthermore, we can not and should not have provided delivery date confirmation until the special materials in this case, paint, arrives in house. Our sincerest apologies for not catching this and sending out the welcome email to you prematurely.

XXX

Again, my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and please let me know if there is anything that we can do to make it up to you. Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Alexander Folz
Porsche European Delivery Program
Porsche Cars North America
One Porsche Drive
Atlanta, GA 30354

Quick Reply: PCNA to delay GT3 Production?