Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 08:50 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Save 4500 on selected models...not sure a 165msrp asking 185 qualifies for saving 4500
It's actually a no option car, MSRP $145,650. Asking 25k over and the $4,500 is a negotiating item.

The 185k+ ad price is out the window. My sense of it is they are willing to deal on this car.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:54 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick-A-Shay
Ahh..... that explains it! Mooty grew up close to a race tack!
lol, it's a horse race track.

Originally Posted by fuddman
It's actually a no option car, MSRP $145,650. Asking 25k over and the $4,500 is a negotiating item.

The 185k+ ad price is out the window. My sense of it is they are willing to deal on this car.
let us know how much
Old 02-19-2018, 10:00 AM
carz80am
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

I'm putting my silver gt3 up for sale. $173k window, awe switchpath exhaust(have factory as well), front clip clear bra. 15k over. Yes, I paid over and paid taxes so I'll be losing at what I'm selling it for. I had a dealer that said they would buy it over a week ago for 15k over and then went radio silent, so I figured I'd put it up here for sale. Listed in classified section as well.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:51 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
lol, it's a horse race track.
Correct! Your first exposure to horsepower and you've never looked back........
Old 02-19-2018, 08:45 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 739 Likes on 403 Posts

I really don't get all the postings on RL from forum sponsors/dealers that aren't even close to reality. I get having a car on your lot in the showroom with some crazy ADM to hopefully find that one "sucker" that will buy it. Seriously though posting on RL where most are very well educated on what these are actually SELLING for and then they post them with stupid ADM's. Og course then they also bump with still available for the next 12 weeks. I get RL has been getting better at bashing prices in the actual thread and that is healthy but really why bother posting. It actually in my mind makes it worse because for me I am taking a mental note and will NEVER buy a car from them even if it happens to be a car in low demand for the wife or what not.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:51 PM
DarkSideEwok
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I really don't get all the postings on RL from forum sponsors/dealers that aren't even close to reality. I get having a car on your lot in the showroom with some crazy ADM to hopefully find that one "sucker" that will buy it. Seriously though posting on RL where most are very well educated on what these are actually SELLING for and then they post them with stupid ADM's. Og course then they also bump with still available for the next 12 weeks. I get RL has been getting better at bashing prices in the actual thread and that is healthy but really why bother posting. It actually in my mind makes it worse because for me I am taking a mental note and will NEVER buy a car from them even if it happens to be a car in low demand for the wife or what not.
thank you for this! It is great to see a community come together and validate what is a reasonable price on a sought after car.

the people dictate the market.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:27 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by kavocat
I have to offer my unsolicited thoughts about C.J.

I was in Fresno about four months ago for my son’s cross country race. My wife grew up several blocks from Porsche Fresno. We went by my wife’s old house and then stopped in to see the cars on the second floor of C.J.’s building. To my surprise, C.J. was there. It was before 9 a.m. on a Saturday. He was standing there in a blazer, slacks, and dress shirt (but no tie) and having an animated conversation with a man and his son. We waited close by to introduce ourselves, but we didn’t want to interrupt. I was amazed by two things. First, that a dealer principal would be at his store so early on a weekend; and second, that he was almost child-like in his enthusiasm for Porsches. We didn’t hear all his conversation (he was talking about a 997 4.0), but he is clearly an enthusiast. We ultimately left because we were running late for the race. My impression was that C.J. is a good guy. My wife and daughter thought he was good looking too (but they also loved the Miami 718 parked in front of the building, so there’s that).

I trust C.J. He’s well known and well liked. He’s a family man, a sports guy, a car enthusiast, and a businessman. Throw in some apple pie and that’s what America is all about. I will make a point of buying my next Porsche from him.
Good lord, hope C.J. got a rectal exam after this.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:10 AM
dave w
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Saw an add on cars.com for dealer lot car at MSRP and reached out to them...here is a the reply I got. They seem confused.....

"Thank you for contacting Porsche Newport Beach regarding your interest in our GT3. The car is a client order and not available. I currently have 2 open allocations for model year 2019 that we're offering for $25,000 over your configured build. Please let me know if you have any questions."

Yes I have many questions....
Old 02-20-2018, 01:42 AM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dave w
Saw an add on cars.com for dealer lot car at MSRP and reached out to them...here is a the reply I got. They seem confused.....

"Thank you for contacting Porsche Newport Beach regarding your interest in our GT3. The car is a client order and not available. I currently have 2 open allocations for model year 2019 that we're offering for $25,000 over your configured build. Please let me know if you have any questions."

surprisingly, Newport Porsche used to be a msrp only dealer for New cars up until the last round of 991.1 gt3’s were sold. Those days are over. From what they have told me, everyone pays an ADM now for GT cars, even their best clients
Old 02-20-2018, 01:43 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Ahhhh.....The typical bait and switch, or they must be very confused.

Advertises a car which is a client order and not available, and not correct the ad right away. Instead they pitch "2 open allocations with $25K ADM." Nice........

Drive safe,
GT3RS=Fan1

Old 02-20-2018, 03:13 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,057 Likes on 578 Posts

Weird since they're all 2018's but hey small technicality
Old 02-20-2018, 12:47 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkSideEwok

the people dictate the market.
The Buyers Dictate the market, not a bunch of key pushers on the internet
Old 02-20-2018, 12:51 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

25 over for a car Porsche isn't even going to produce. That email's gotta give you confidence in that dealer...
Old 02-20-2018, 02:36 PM
DarkSideEwok
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SJJ28
that is true, but a lot of buyers are on the forum, so it works out.

Originally Posted by Archimedes
25 over for a car Porsche isn't even going to produce. That email's gotta give you confidence in that dealer...
hahaha, I know of an allocation for a Jan 2019 calendar year delivery, but it is still a 2018 model. most of the PTS cars got cancelled and pushed to later months. perhaps this is what happened here.

either way, that is funny. lazy salesperson.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:50 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SJJ28
And let's be honest, more than half of the buyers are not even in the forum. They pay whatever the price is and go out to play.

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM