New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 12:25 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,245 Likes on 610 Posts

It's not lost on me that a former employee of mine who was later caught shoplifting from my moto store was later employed by Porsche Exchange.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:42 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

I have been doing business with the Porsche Exchange for about 15 years. They have been nothing but great to me and have nothing but a great experience with them. I find the GM and Sales Manager over there to be very approachable and nothing but stand-up guys. I have been invited to events by them outside of Dealership events.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:12 AM
lfish
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 52 Posts

IMHO this is the second most entertaining/interesting forum on RL. Mooty's "Just got back, let's discuss the value of Porsches" still takes 1st place...
Old 12-17-2017, 01:52 AM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
What's his angle? Does he represent the Porsche stealers anti-defamation league?
Love it!!
Old 12-17-2017, 10:19 AM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

I have purchased many cars from many dealers in my life and can say without question that The Porsche Exchange has been simply the best dealer I have worked with. Have always treated me like a VIP even though they have a large client base of high end customers. As with all service businesses, there is always an example of a mistake or issue. I have never had one with The Exchange!!
Old 12-17-2017, 10:25 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

I think some may be jumping to conclusions pulling in the Porsche Exchange in relation to ChicagoWhales comments?? At this point there is little evidence of that other than a conspiracy theory.

Correlating ChicagoWhale >> dealer cheerleader >> to Porsche Exchange >> you need more sold info, rather than throwing a dealer under the bus.

Not that I agree with ChicagoWhales comments, just the Porsche Exchange connection has yet to be verified by a BIG stretch. My hunch would be he is NOT working for any dealer.

Not all ADM dealers are bad, and not all MSRP dealers are saints. Not as clear cut as that. Some buyers of these cars have many flaws as well.

In the meantime, add to your Christmas list:

Name:  photo941.jpg
Views: 1651
Size:  384.3 KB

Last edited by STG; 12-17-2017 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:38 AM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

^^^*Exactly STG
Old 12-17-2017, 01:59 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

You bloodhounds are barking up the wrong tree. The “Chicago Whale” moniker is derived from the utterly hilarious London Whale episode of 2012. To make a long story short, an old friend from my days at Deutsche Bank is the guy who checkmated Iksil. Using the “Whale” nickname is a running joke among friends. If you spent any time on a credit desk, you’d understand the reference. If you aren’t familiar with it, grab a Pilsner, click the link and knock yourself out:

http://online.wsj.com/public/resourc...PMWhalePSI.pdf

For too long, a few piranhas around here have been indiscriminately smearing PCNA and Porsche dealers with impunity. With exception of two or three dealers, not a single Porsche dealer interacts with the Rennlist community anymore because of it; sure, there’s a few classified ads, but that’s it. Martin (and his 7900 comments) is the centerpiece of it, and everyone I talk to agrees. There might be a few other culprits, but Martin is far and away the worst. Unfortunately, the spirit of the GT forums on Rennlist has completely changed over the years. Gone are the days of people actually commenting on their driving experiences. It's been replaced with “stealerships,” “thunderdome” and a bunch of hypocrisy.

I’ve got evening plans (I’m 8 hours away). I’ll continue this either later tonight or tomorrow morning. In a nutshell, I'm just balancing the scales.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:18 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
You bloodhounds are barking up the wrong tree. The “Chicago Whale” moniker is derived from the utterly hilarious London Whale episode of 2012. To make a long story short, an old friend from my days at Deutsche Bank is the guy who checkmated Iksil. Using the “Whale” nickname is a running joke among friends. If you spent any time on a credit desk, you’d understand the reference. If you aren’t familiar with it, grab a Pilsner, click the link and knock yourself out:

For too long, a few piranhas around here have been indiscriminately smearing PCNA and Porsche dealers with impunity. With exception of two or three dealers, not a single Porsche dealer interacts with the Rennlist community anymore because of it; sure, there’s a few classified ads, but that’s it. Martin (and his 7900 comments) is the centerpiece of it, and everyone I talk to agrees. There might be a few other culprits, but Martin is far and away the worst. Unfortunately, the spirit of the GT forums on Rennlist has completely changed over the years. Gone are the days of people actually commenting on their driving experiences. It's been replaced with “stealerships,” “thunderdome” and a bunch of hypocrisy.

I’ve got evening plans (I’m 8 hours away). I’ll continue this either later tonight or tomorrow morning. In a nutshell, I'm just balancing the scales.
BECAUSE DEALERS ARE HOARDING GT CARS TO CONTROL THE MARKET! There are dealers out there calling other dealers to buy their allocations, seriously how ****ty is this?
Old 12-17-2017, 02:46 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,027 Likes on 2,296 Posts

I'm just calling a spade a spade or do you not see posts where I give props to various dealers when people post that they got their GT cars at MSRP, not just the 3 in my signature...there are many more good guy dealers out there. Tell me why Ferrari somehow has their dealers sell their all their new cars for MSRP yet PCNA looks the other way when some of their dealers are behaving badly and hurting their brand? I'm a car nut who wears his emotion on his sleeve and call'em as I see'em. Still not sure why you have a beef with me, just put me on ignore like everyone who doesn't like what I have to say....very simple. Oh and last time I checked, I do post track videos of my hot laps or do you want me to PM me a few links?
Old 12-17-2017, 02:47 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,027 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
BECAUSE DEALERS ARE HOARDING GT CARS TO CONTROL THE MARKET! There are dealers out there calling other dealers to buy their allocations, seriously how ****ty is this?
Yup, very close to cartel antics and price fixing if you ask me.
Old 12-17-2017, 03:33 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Y Unfortunately, the spirit of the GT forums on Rennlist has completely changed over the years. Gone are the days of people actually commenting on their driving experiences. It's been replaced with “stealerships,” “thunderdome” and a bunch of hypocrisy.
I would agree the spirit of the forums has changed and not necessarily for the better IMHO. I would also say the sales atmosphere of the Porsche dealerships and by default PCNA has changed too (and not for the better).

Find me a dealership that will take my deposit and honor their agreements with me and I will tell you about my good dealership experience. Very hard to find in the current climate. Also can't write about my driving experiences about a car I cant buy.

Just my .2. YMMV
Old 12-17-2017, 03:40 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,245 Likes on 610 Posts

Ok so at the core of all this- chicago Whale is the Lone Ranger of dealer advocates because he feels like we as a group complain too much

1) big guys squish little guys
2) little guys stand up for themselves
3) random guy instigates against little guys
4) little guys turn on random guy

None of that has solved anything about people protesting the distribution or transparency of the PAG to PCNA to customer Model.
Old 12-17-2017, 03:46 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Ok so at the core of all this- chicago Whale is the Lone Ranger of dealer advocates because he feels like we as a group complain too much

1) big guys squish little guys
2) little guys stand up for themselves
3) random guy instigates against little guys
4) little guys turn on random guy

None of that has solved anything about people protesting the distribution or transparency of the PAG to PCNA to customer Model.

Agree 1000% with CJ
Old 12-17-2017, 05:05 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
There's a model?

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM