Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 02:18 AM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^ ah... i have no stock. i like to buy gold and bury in my backyard. occasionally i dig them out and do some wt lifting exercises. i am a gold brick and mortar kind of guy
Originally Posted by STG
Did deep holes or watch pictures showing your house? That or have big dogs??

I guess Gold Rush in CA is still alive & well. Can't go wrong with brick & mortar. Never lose on land. Hard assets

Assume you're not a Bitcoin guy?? Wait until that one ....
Originally Posted by mooty
i do not understand bit coin.
an "asset" if you can call it that with nothing backing it.
if i had to GUESS, it will be outlawed, but it will never disappear. it's like trafficking human, art, organ and prostitution., money laundering.....i can go on... it's hidden....
now we are really OT...
in addition to gold bars, grass is not legal in CA. so i plan to grow those in the garage now. i bought lots of heat lamps.
I personally do not understand the meaning of an "asset."
Old 02-09-2018, 02:24 AM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
well ...... surprised?
What club are You part of, I may consider joining - LOL
Old 02-09-2018, 09:19 AM
mad_max
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums

I know you’d think I could get a car....but...there are major spender/players in the Tampa area that have bought way more Porsche’s than I in fewer years. These guys are high profile people in the area....me naw I’m a nothing to these dealers. I had Boxsters Cayenne and 2 Panameras for the wife and the Carrera S cars and 2 GTS cars were for me but these guys in Tampa are buying Turbo 911’s every year, Turbo Cayenne’s and Turbo Panameras like crazy...guy even bought the maid a Cayenne! These guys will buy a GT3 or RS for way over ADM no issue like every year.

So you see I have zero chance of ever being able to buy a new GT3 ordered how I’d like it. Can’t even get the offer to get on the list with Reeves, Bert Smith or Suncoast Porsche. I bought the last 2 Porsche’s ..Panameras S and my new GTS from Champion because local dealers didn’t have models we wanted and Champion won’t put me on the list....LOL. It’s actually funny when I think about it....but there are other car brands I’m considering.
I'm in the Tampa area too. And would like to add that both Bert Smith and Reeves sell their new GT cars at MSRP. In fact I was offered one at MSRP when a buyer backed out from a car that was on the ground. Unfortunately I wasn't quick enough so the next guy they called bought it. They will also put you on the list without any problem. But it could be a few years from now when you get to the top of the list to be able to order one. I do however agree they don't have much to choose from. I've both my Porsche's including the most recent .1 GT3 from out of town.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:34 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by mad_max
I'm in the Tampa area too. And would like to add that both Bert Smith and Reeves sell their new GT cars at MSRP. In fact I was offered one at MSRP when a buyer backed out from a car that was on the ground. Unfortunately I wasn't quick enough so the next guy they called bought it. They will also put you on the list without any problem. But it could be a few years from now when you get to the top of the list to be able to order one. I do however agree they don't have much to choose from. I've both my Porsche's including the most recent .1 GT3 from out of town.
Reeves said there list is over 50-75 guys long and I'd have no chance likely...and they were asking $50k ADM. I've bought over 10 cars from the Reeves company....6 of them Porsche. Yes Reeves inventory is horrible...and cars they have are oddly optioned....but they are selling GT cars with ADM from what I've been told.

Interesting though you could get one for MSRP...maybe your a higher level VIP guy?
Old 02-09-2018, 11:52 AM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Reeves said there list is over 50-75 guys long and I'd have no chance likely...and they were asking $50k ADM. I've bought over 10 cars from the Reeves company....6 of them Porsche. Yes Reeves inventory is horrible...and cars they have are oddly optioned....but they are selling GT cars with ADM from what I've been told.

Interesting though you could get one for MSRP...maybe your a higher level VIP guy?
Sent you a PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:04 PM
991gtR
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

40k ADM for the viper green at top gear NJ . they wont come down.... I tried .
Old 02-09-2018, 12:16 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by gago1101
This talk reminds me a lot about my profession. One golden rule I have learned over the years is not to belittle or talk **** about other docs in your field. Lots still do in front of patients thinking they may win a procedure or two (not limited, but happens usually in cosmetics, which I don’t do). This type of behavior never commands respect in the minds of friends, colleagues, clients, or patients.

PS: people who do good and are confident, never resort to such actions. Let actions speak for themselves.
Another way of looking at it is...if you have nothing nice to say...keep it to yourself. How many times have we been told that? And..when typing something on a forum, always assume one day you will be having a beer with the guy.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:36 PM
mad_max
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I've bought a few cars from the Reeves company but no where close to as many as you have. And I've never bought a Porsche from them. I do however attend a lot of their events and have built up a good relationship with their sales people. If it's a used or CPOed car then they do mark it up quite a bit. They had a 2016 GT3 a few months ago and they were asking $159k when the MSRP on the car was $143k. Someone ended up buying it for $158k. And it's around the same time that I was offered a 2018 GT3 for $147 and that was MSRP.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:52 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
.... and..when typing something on a forum, always assume one day you will be having a beer with the guy.
Good call RobMP. We take the same approach when throwing punches in my adult league hockey games. We ALWAYS break from the scrum w/ a verbal.. "good one Bud" ... "Beers after the game?"
Most of us are looong past Jr &/or College level hockey, so nothing is ever gloves-off. I'm guessing most here are well past those days too. Life's too short to carry a grudge.

But wow,... missed a few days of checking in on this thread (free time with dry roads taking advantage of Opp to DRIVE),...
.... Fun to see so many whipping their alpha d$%ks around at each other though,... feels like a locker room
Old 02-09-2018, 02:45 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

So THIS is where the party's been for past few days..!!!!!

I've been spending time reading the racing forum after my 24 hr enduro to learn more, but those track rats are so boring in comparison.

Entire words are missing from their vocabulary, like "adm" and "value" and "pts".. its like they don't even speak Rennlist! Its all a$$-deep into "toe" "camber", "trail-braking" and "proper HANS fitment"... oh well, back to my studies.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:12 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

I think most, if not all dealers, will act in their best interests. The difference I have personally experienced is how they go about acting in their best interests and that is *for me* what delineates a "good" dealer vs. a "bad" dealer in my own opinion. Always treat people with respect and as a potential customer regardless of whether there is an immediate sale to be had or not. Unfortunately many dealers I talked to didn't subscribe to that policy...
Old 02-09-2018, 05:05 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i have a friend whom acquired gt3.2, 10 ADM. In the SFBA. Killer specs.
ironically the dealer told him not to pay over msrp and he asked, why're your charging me over msrp then ?
ADM came down from 40 to 10, in a flash, however, he leaves to Japan for 2 years in 2 weeks time. Car will sit and collect dust !
Old 02-09-2018, 05:10 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Good call RobMP. We take the same approach when throwing punches in my adult league hockey games. We ALWAYS break from the scrum w/ a verbal.. "good one Bud" ... "Beers after the game?"
Most of us are looong past Jr &/or College level hockey, so nothing is ever gloves-off. I'm guessing most here are well past those days too. Life's too short to carry a grudge.

But wow,... missed a few days of checking in on this thread (free time with dry roads taking advantage of Opp to DRIVE),...
.... Fun to see so many whipping their alpha d$%ks around at each other though,... feels like a locker room
There is a reason one learns Martial Arts ect - it is not to fight but to end it quickly. The longer it goes every one gets hurt
Old 02-09-2018, 05:30 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by mad_max
I've bought a few cars from the Reeves company but no where close to as many as you have. And I've never bought a Porsche from them. I do however attend a lot of their events and have built up a good relationship with their sales people. If it's a used or CPOed car then they do mark it up quite a bit. They had a 2016 GT3 a few months ago and they were asking $159k when the MSRP on the car was $143k. Someone ended up buying it for $158k. And it's around the same time that I was offered a 2018 GT3 for $147 and that was MSRP.
Thanks for info Max...I’ll be up near Reeves tomorrow so I plan on stopping by again and see what they say. Maybe they will do something as they can rape me on trade in of my GTS and make a killing and also on a new GT3....lol
Old 02-09-2018, 09:46 PM
carz80am
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

What's the adm? msrp?

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM