Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 09:56 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
2018 GT3...5k miles...car is loaded to the hilt...which I’m not so sure is a good thing or bad thing. Selling at msrp...I’m kind of tempted but the mental and Sale professional part of me has a hard time buying a used car at msrp.

thought comments and all....I’m currently searching car loans...lol

https://www.champion-porsche.com/veh...fl-id-27062663
Some thoughts from a nobody...

1) IMO mileage is not as important as condition and who the owner was (or how confident you feel you know the type of owner...is he or she grabbing the wheel while eating fries during launch control with < 100 miles on odo bouncing off the rev limiter on Instagram, or Dyson vacuum and toothbrush scrub after every drive and babied, or somewhere in-between)....my GT3 has 6k miles and still looks brand new because I'm probably OCD, I've seen other .2s with less than half the miles and not as great of condition. Curbed wheels, leather already really conditioned, bolster wear, marks here and there, these are things I notice FWIW. . Also I followed break-in religiously per the manual, some others do not... I wouldn't pass on a fairly priced car simply because of mileage, as their pricing seems to reflect that

2) MSRP would at least be better than most other .2 GT3s in terms of your peace of mind, as I haven't seen many advertised at MSRP. But no one likely knows what these cars are actually trading hands at since there are quite a few to choose from at the moment. And if they are asking for MSRP I for sure would push to go under a bit and see if they blink

3) Make sure you really want the car and not falling just for the hype to save yourself the headache/stress/$ (it really is an awesome car), as many have turned around quickly to move on from their .2 GT3 for whatever reason after seeking the latest and greatest. I've even thought about it myself, but talked myself off the ledge thankfully

Just my 2 cents... spec seems nice and at least you know for sure you would be getting the GT3 you wanted from Champion in this case....
Old 11-25-2018, 09:59 PM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

2018 GT3...5k miles...car is loaded to the hilt...which I’m not so sure is a good thing or bad thing. I do like the pccb and lab. Selling at msrp...I’m kind of tempted but the mental and Sale professional part of me has a hard time buying a used car at msrp.

thoughts and comments and all....I’m currently searching car loans...lol

That would be a tough pill for me to swallow on a year old car as well. However it you would have paid $20-30k over on the exact same spec anyways then it’s a great deal, and you get an extra year of warranty.

Old 11-26-2018, 10:28 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,151 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by ByeEnzo

I was able to score this '19 GT3RS. Car at the port, previous client backed out, I was able to step in. Weird but true story. +15K
Spec'd pretty much the way I wanted except for fire bottle. I actually like metal brakes. After break in, heading to the track at COTA in February!
congrats! I have more or less the exact same build. Glad to see you will be hitting the track. These GT3 RSs are a complete waste to drive around town. Other then looking cool, the car is no fun on public roads. The magic of this car - the engine and driving dynamics - only come alive at speeds that are highly illegal and dangerous on public roads. If one only plans to drive around town, then I guess they will have no comparison, but they will be lying if they say how wonderful of a car it is! Congrats.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:03 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Some thoughts from a nobody...

1) IMO mileage is not as important as condition and who the owner was (or how confident you feel you know the type of owner...is he or she grabbing the wheel while eating fries during launch control with < 100 miles on odo bouncing off the rev limiter on Instagram, or Dyson vacuum and toothbrush scrub after every drive and babied, or somewhere in-between)....my GT3 has 6k miles and still looks brand new because I'm probably OCD, I've seen other .2s with less than half the miles and not as great of condition. Curbed wheels, leather already really conditioned, bolster wear, marks here and there, these are things I notice FWIW. . Also I followed break-in religiously per the manual, some others do not... I wouldn't pass on a fairly priced car simply because of mileage, as their pricing seems to reflect that

2) MSRP would at least be better than most other .2 GT3s in terms of your peace of mind, as I haven't seen many advertised at MSRP. But no one likely knows what these cars are actually trading hands at since there are quite a few to choose from at the moment. And if they are asking for MSRP I for sure would push to go under a bit and see if they blink

3) Make sure you really want the car and not falling just for the hype to save yourself the headache/stress/$ (it really is an awesome car), as many have turned around quickly to move on from their .2 GT3 for whatever reason after seeking the latest and greatest. I've even thought about it myself, but talked myself off the ledge thankfully

Just my 2 cents... spec seems nice and at least you know for sure you would be getting the GT3 you wanted from Champion in this case....
Thanks for the reply....I really really want a GT3...to keep for a while...not resell it. They were asking over MSRP as you can see from the listing...they won't budget much but got it down to MSRP....I'm continuing to look but I really want LWB and PCCB brakes....most GT3 are steel brakes. I found another 2018 GT3 but in Racing Yellow....not sure about the color though. Part of the reson for this car at Champion is they will pay off my 2017 GTS and make it simple. 2 other dealers would do the same but 1 2018 GT3 got sold out from under me. My wife on the other hand is pushing hard for a Turbo S.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:56 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 759 Likes on 386 Posts

Porsche Chandler has 3 used GT3s for sale. Two are manuals IIRC. All are very nice and guys that are trading to the 3RS.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:45 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by joejenie
Porsche Chandler has 3 used GT3s for sale. Two are manuals IIRC. All are very nice and guys that are trading to the 3RS.
Thanks...I need PDK...left leg amputee above knee so I cant push a clutch..but I am searching still...I do like the one at Champion though...if I can get them slightly under MSRP on this 2018 5k mile car I will feel better about buying it.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:21 PM
Avalon911
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks...I need PDK...left leg amputee above knee so I cant push a clutch..but I am searching still...I do like the one at Champion though...if I can get them slightly under MSRP on this 2018 5k mile car I will feel better about buying it.
Plenty of nice PDK cars out there. Keep at it and you'll find the one.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:31 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by Avalon911
Plenty of nice PDK cars out there. Keep at it and you'll find the one.
Yep looking and looking...trying to keep it somewhat local since I am trading in my 2017 GTS...so I can just drive it to them sign papers and leave with new car.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:24 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply....I really really want a GT3...to keep for a while...not resell it. They were asking over MSRP as you can see from the listing...they won't budget much but got it down to MSRP....I'm continuing to look but I really want LWB and PCCB brakes....most GT3 are steel brakes. I found another 2018 GT3 but in Racing Yellow....not sure about the color though. Part of the reson for this car at Champion is they will pay off my 2017 GTS and make it simple. 2 other dealers would do the same but 1 2018 GT3 got sold out from under me. My wife on the other hand is pushing hard for a Turbo S.
Just to throw this out there, that 992 Turbo S is rumored to be pushing 650 HP....
Old 11-26-2018, 10:37 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Yep looking and looking...trying to keep it somewhat local since I am trading in my 2017 GTS...so I can just drive it to them sign papers and leave with new car.
mike...tax savings is worth it

U have a sales person there...if not Paul Greenberg is good. That is who I deal with
Old 11-26-2018, 10:40 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

also...don’t count out PCCB cars...my touring car has steel and I had Gavin put take off PCCB on it

its the same or less than buying PCCB on a car...use red caliper...I like the red better than yellow anyways on a caliper

Old 11-27-2018, 12:29 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by Izzone

also...don’t count out PCCB cars...my touring car has steel and I had Gavin put take off PCCB on it

its the same or less than buying PCCB on a car...use red caliper...I like the red better than yellow anyways on a caliper

I like the red calipers better too... but I really want to try out pccb since I don’t track,too much anymore...if anything changes I’ll swap out for steel rotors. I wish Porsche did pccb with red calipers though!!
Old 11-27-2018, 01:02 AM
911Nub
Intermediate

2018 GT3...5k miles...car is loaded to the hilt...which I’m not so sure is a good thing or bad thing. I do like the pccb and LWB. Selling at msrp...I’m kind of tempted but the mental and Sale professional part of me has a hard time buying a used car at msrp.

thoughts and comments and all....I’m currently searching car loans...lol

We should have a thread similar to this one but for price paid or negotiated on "Used GT3 price purchased/offered relative to MSRP" so rennlist members could be more informed from other's experience (MSRP, price paid, mileage). Another similar topic would be "Used GT3 dealer cash/trade-in offers"...
Old 11-27-2018, 06:23 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

I like the red calipers better too... but I really want to try out pccb since I don’t track,too much anymore...if anything changes I’ll swap out for steel rotors. I wish Porsche did pccb with red calipers though!!
look close...that is pccb with red caliper
Old 11-27-2018, 07:23 AM
ruuddevil
Advanced

2RS in Oslo Blue for sale at Porsche West Broward. Thought it was just on display. And Porsche North Houston has a GT Silver that is wrapped in Nardo Grey.

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM