Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 11:43 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Small update - I cancelled my order. My car was approved for PTS (Arrow Blue), LTS (in Horizon Blue/Black 2-tone) and a few other CXX options (some custom interior lighting, decals etc, houndstooth).

My dealer decided to look for a premium on their GT2 RS allocation I had a deposit down for years on. Cancelled my GT3 and another car I had incoming.
That absolutely sucks!!! I'm sorry to hear!
Old 10-03-2017, 12:02 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 634 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
gelgbrun, Black wheels, black led, buckets, manual, yellow stitch, yellow belts.

Should be quite a car! ... if it ever gets here!
Very nice! We’ll be twins, except my stitching is still platinum.

Agomized over black wheels and black LEDs vs. base silver wheels and base silver xenon lights... stick with black so far.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:03 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts

Small update - I cancelled my order. My car was approved for PTS (Arrow Blue), LTS (in Horizon Blue/Black 2-tone) and a few other CXX options (some custom interior lighting, decals etc, houndstooth).

My dealer decided to look for a premium on their GT2 RS allocation I had a deposit down for years on. Cancelled my GT3 and another car I had incoming.
That blows Nate. Sorry man.

Good for you for canceling your business with them. If more people did this things would change
Old 10-03-2017, 12:04 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 634 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
I think I am going to make a change to my build to the interior by selecting deviated stitching. The process- when I discussed making changes earlier with PCNA- is that they open up your build for a short window so your dealer can reconfigure and then they lock it almost as soon as you are done. This way during PAG working hours your build is always available for them to lock, just in case this happens to be your lucky day!

Question: The configurator does not show the manual gear shift stitching changing, is this a mistake?
Lava Orange stitch?
Old 10-03-2017, 12:44 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,084 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Wow, you don't mess around. It sounds like you are a great customer with your dealer, it's a shame that they put short term gains in front of long term relationship gains. How much of a premium were they looking for the GT2RS from you?
Old 10-03-2017, 01:06 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 284 Likes on 121 Posts

Sorry to hear. That is a powerful message you just sent to the dealer.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:09 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 284 Likes on 121 Posts

gelgbrun, Black wheels, black led, buckets, manual, yellow stitch, yellow belts.

Should be quite a car! ... if it ever gets here!

Gonna be a looker! I think this has been answered before, but when you select a deviating stitch other than Red, does it remove the stripe on the buckets. If so, the $3,500 charge for a deviating stitch is not that expensive, especially if you don't like the stripe. (Compared to CXX the seats)

Hope you hear good news soon!
Old 10-03-2017, 02:24 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by mass27
Gonna be a looker! I think this has been answered before, but when you select a deviating stitch other than Red, does it remove the stripe on the buckets. If so, the $3,500 charge for a deviating stitch is not that expensive, especially if you don't like the stripe. (Compared to CXX the seats)

Hope you hear good news soon!
deviated stitching option (colors other than red or platinum) does NOT cancel stripe on LWB seats. Rather, it causes strips to be platinum silver regardless of the stitching color chosen, presumably on the theory that it wouldn’t clash with any of the other color choices.

Only way to delete stripe entirely is to either get Touring, which has black cloth seat inserts for free, or do CXX custom tailored seats, which costs $8750, or replace aftermarket (much cheaper).
Old 10-03-2017, 02:30 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

So you cancelled your confirmed PTS 991.2 GT3 order (which was at MSRP?) because the dealer wouldn’t sell you a GT2RS at MSRP also?

I can understand your frustration w/dealer over loss of hoped-for GT2RS allocation at MSRP, but seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face. It certainly won’t hurt dealer that you cancelled GT3 order if it was at MSRP. They’ll probably sell it immediately to someone else with ADM and come out ahead. The loss of your future business (and negative publicity) is your leverage, but would have been same if you still bought the GT3 and just cancelled all future business with them and told the story.

Unless you have another GT3 allocation lined up at MSRP with another dealer, I’m surprised you’d sacrifice getting the car you wanted at MSRP, a car that hundreds of others would pay a premium for the opportunity to get.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:24 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

If it's the local dealer that I suspect it is, they won't care at all...
Old 10-03-2017, 03:27 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

Hopefully that arrow/cxx car is actually built, but I suspect your allocation went to someone else and it ends up a more pedestrian spec.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:47 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 284 Posts

Stopped by my dealer today... I'm sorry to say folks - I'm still at v180! not sure what the mystery call was from the red phone at the factory but it has not changed yet!
Old 10-03-2017, 07:50 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Stopped by my dealer today... I'm sorry to say folks - I'm still at v180! not sure what the mystery call was from the red phone at the factory but it has not changed yet!
That is some crazy BS.. and then they say Italian companies are run Illogically.. how is this possible? Does the dealer know who called them or was it prank-call Hangup *67 style (who remembers *67?)

Last edited by CAlexio; 10-04-2017 at 02:32 AM.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:40 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 72 Posts

Same here. My SA was emailed by Porsche Exlusive ATL to notify us everything is "inI & "locked" but no official change in V180 so no guarantees.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:03 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,084 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by JPMD
Same here. My SA was emailed by Porsche Exlusive ATL to notify us everything is "inI & "locked" but no official change in V180 so no guarantees.
PCNA/PAG really need to get on the same page.

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order