Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 02:47 AM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
but very lap you are faster, you know it will be you and not the car!

anyone can lap the ring sub 8 on a video game...
^ this is true. I've seen Sean throw that PDK RS around AMP at a great rate of speed. Balancing a manual trans will be a new challenge, but I have every faith that Sean will do so without breaking it.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:08 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
So what’s the color, sgroer?? It goes with yellow... so... a blue perhaps? Maybe Ultraviolet?
gelgbrun, Black wheels, black led, buckets, manual, yellow stitch, yellow belts.

Should be quite a car! ... if it ever gets here!
Old 10-03-2017, 08:38 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,151 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
gelgbrun, Black wheels, black led, buckets, manual, yellow stitch, yellow belts.

awesome build, my exact choice for an RS if I ever win the PTS lottery. So far with every build I only get the run of the mill choices; enjoy and can’t wait to see it at Smokies someday. Still deciding whether to bring my RS vs GT3.2 this coming year!
Old 10-03-2017, 09:04 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
I have a side rather noob question if you guys don't mind indulging me.

I would love to get an interior yellow theme to match my ceramic calipers. I know the yellow belts can be done, and yellow stitching can be had as an exclusive option, but is it possible to get yellow instrument dials/clock as an exclusive option? More importantly, can one get buckets that are either plain black with yellow stitching or black with yellow stipe instead of silver?

All this is assuming that even if all this were possible, I could make it happen now that I am at V180.
i asked about instrument dials in other colors. Was told no because they haven’t been made in other colors for GT3 (dials are different for each model due to redline and model logo on them) and would have to be done totally custom.

porsche exclusive doesn’t offer the Alcantara inserts with stripes in colors or than platinum silver and red. Not even with CXX.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:14 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by irish guitar
^ this is true. I've seen Sean throw that PDK RS around AMP at a great rate of speed. Balancing a manual trans will be a new challenge, but I have every faith that Sean will do so without breaking it.
I'll figure it out... with my giant feet, the auto rev matching is a huge help!
The following users liked this post:
Surgio (11-25-2020)
Old 10-03-2017, 09:16 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
but very lap you are faster, you know it will be you and not the car!

anyone can lap the ring sub 8 on a video game...
I'm always up for a new challenge... No doubt I'll be slower - I'm not trying to break any records - have fun, drive fast, get faster, all while keeping it safe!
Old 10-03-2017, 09:18 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by disden
awesome build, my exact choice for an RS if I ever win the PTS lottery. So far with every build I only get the run of the mill choices; enjoy and can’t wait to see it at Smokies someday. Still deciding whether to bring my RS vs GT3.2 this coming year!

Tough decision! There is an outside chance mine will be here by then, but I'm not counting on it. My RS goes away today... too many cars in the stable and once it gets complex, I don't enjoy any of them as much. My favorite car I've ever owned and I'll miss her dearly!
Old 10-03-2017, 09:29 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

None of us are professional race car drivers. We do this for the thrill and the engagement, not absolute laps times. Even if trying for a lap time, it’s about improving on one’s own lap time in a particular car, not beating a hypothetical faster car.

Bravo Sean, and also for admitting, as I will also, that the rev matching will be a help.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:30 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

Thanks for the updates! Hoping to hear the good news today on your V code status- once I do I will update the list with our first "green" non-VIP USA customer!
Old 10-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

Listen Groer... rev matching is for pansies!

If, you have a ****, you have to heel and toe!

I'm going to of course use the rev-match!
Old 10-03-2017, 10:48 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

By Who? I'd say make the changes ASAP. I did make changes last week. Added PCCB, changed to manual, and belts and stitching went to yellow. There is possibility your car will just lock. No sense in waiting to make changes IMO.
I think I am going to make a change to my build to the interior by selecting deviated stitching. The process- when I discussed making changes earlier with PCNA- is that they open up your build for a short window so your dealer can reconfigure and then they lock it almost as soon as you are done. This way during PAG working hours your build is always available for them to lock, just in case this happens to be your lucky day!

Question: The configurator does not show the manual gear shift stitching changing, is this a mistake?
Old 10-03-2017, 11:35 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by montoya
I think I am going to make a change to my build to the interior by selecting deviated stitching. The process- when I discussed making changes earlier with PCNA- is that they open up your build for a short window so your dealer can reconfigure and then they lock it almost as soon as you are done. This way during PAG working hours your build is always available for them to lock, just in case this happens to be your lucky day!

Question: The configurator does not show the manual gear shift stitching changing, is this a mistake?
Yes - that's how it works. My build sheet says "Gear Lever Boot Stitching in Deviated Thread" part of the package.
Additionally here is a snip of the sheet as it relates to deviated thread:

Old 10-03-2017, 11:37 AM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,782 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
i asked about instrument dials in other colors. Was told no because they haven’t been made in other colors for GT3 (dials are different for each model due to redline and model logo on them) and would have to be done totally custom.

porsche exclusive doesn’t offer the Alcantara inserts with stripes in colors or than platinum silver and red. Not even with CXX.
Thank you very much, I appreciate the info.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:42 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Small update - I cancelled my order. My car was approved for PTS (Arrow Blue), LTS (in Horizon Blue/Black 2-tone) and a few other CXX options (some custom interior lighting, decals etc, houndstooth).

My dealer decided to look for a premium on their GT2 RS allocation I had a deposit down for years on. Cancelled my GT3 and another car I had incoming.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:42 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Haku
Listen Groer... rev matching is for pansies!

If, you have a ****, you have to heel and toe!

I'm going to of course use the rev-match!
I guess the only **** I have is the shift ****!

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order