Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 05:25 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
what was your original build date and when was PTS submitted?

Original build date date was very early. September I believe. PTS was submitted the first day we were allowed to do so.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:30 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,596 Likes on 2,340 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Original build date date was very early. September I believe. PTS was submitted the first day we were allowed to do so.
ok, whats your projected build date now, have they told you, just curious if your date "is the 1st" on the list ... and we will start to see later dates resolve themselves also ... which would
make sense if there is sense to be made of this process?

Old 10-02-2017, 05:35 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

ok, whats your projected build date now, have they told you, just curious if your date "is the 1st" on the list ... and we will start to see later dates resolve themselves also ... which would
make sense if there is sense to be made of this process?

Don’t know the build date yet. The assumption was that the factory would now lock the build and it will hit v200, at which point it would show the updated build schedule.

I will know more tomorrow. And don’t kill yourself making sense of it. I’m just enjoying life and patiently waiting for good news. The zen approach to PTS.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:36 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hayn911gt3
Awesome news! Congrats. Is your production month January or February?
Unknown at this point but will keep everyone apprised.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:39 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Don’t know the build date yet. The assumption was that the factory would now lock the build and it will hit v200, at which point it would show the updated build schedule.

I will know more tomorrow. And don’t kill yourself making sense of it. I’m just enjoying life and patiently waiting for good news. The zen approach to PTS.
good luck - I think all of us are watching with bated breath since you are the pathfinder...

I hope indeed you do move to V2xx and you get a firm date
Old 10-02-2017, 05:44 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

good luck - I think all of us are watching with bated breath since you are the pathfinder...

I hope indeed you do move to V2xx and you get a firm date

yes. Me too!! I have a great relationship with them and they don’t hide anything so I’ll get the info we all desperately need! Let’s hope for v200! Seems like a strange call to get otherwise “is this build 100% final?” Not sure why they’d be getting that call if the wheels weren’t in motion.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:48 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

yes. Me too!! I have a great relationship with them and they don’t hide anything so I’ll get the info we all desperately need! Let’s hope for v200! Seems like a strange call to get otherwise “is this build 100% final?” Not sure why they’d be getting that call if the wheels weren’t in motion.
I agree, seems unlikely that PAG (or even PCNA) would call to check on the finality of a build that is already in the internal system, just for grins or because they had nothing better to do!

in the eternal words of Dave Bowman "something wonderful is going to happen" ...
Old 10-02-2017, 05:57 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 275 Likes on 116 Posts

Seems like a strange call to get otherwise “is this build 100% final?”
Congrats and I hope you get confirmation tomorrow! I also hope everyone else gets a courtesy call asking if their build is 100% final. I definitely have a few changes, but have been advised to not "rock the boat" while the boat is in limbo.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:10 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mass27
Congrats and I hope you get confirmation tomorrow! I also hope everyone else gets a courtesy call asking if their build is 100% final. I definitely have a few changes, but have been advised to not "rock the boat" while the boat is in limbo.
By Who? I'd say make the changes ASAP. I did make changes last week. Added PCCB, changed to manual, and belts and stitching went to yellow. There is possibility your car will just lock. No sense in waiting to make changes IMO.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:27 PM
philipatl
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a call from my dealer just now for my PTS manual car. Porsche called my GM to verify the order was ready to go, and they are locking it. Allegedly we will see V200 at any moment. I am not a VIP. I'll update the thread with any further info.
Congrats!!

Old 10-02-2017, 11:42 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,782 Likes on 528 Posts

I have a side rather noob question if you guys don't mind indulging me.

I would love to get an interior yellow theme to match my ceramic calipers. I know the yellow belts can be done, and yellow stitching can be had as an exclusive option, but is it possible to get yellow instrument dials/clock as an exclusive option? More importantly, can one get buckets that are either plain black with yellow stitching or black with yellow stipe instead of silver?

All this is assuming that even if all this were possible, I could make it happen now that I am at V180.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:17 AM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Got a call from my dealer just now for my PTS manual car. Porsche called my GM to verify the order was ready to go, and they are locking it. Allegedly we will see V200 at any moment. I am not a VIP. I'll update the thread with any further info.
Congrats Sean! And you're a VIP in my book. You'll be slower with the manual trans..., but maybe that's okay.

Vivian
Old 10-03-2017, 12:23 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by irish guitar
Congrats Sean! And you're a VIP in my book. You'll be slower with the manual trans..., but maybe that's okay.

Vivian

ha! Slower for sure, but I had to try it! I will have a blast with it and cherish every second that I am slower. Changed the transmission 3 times. Basically it was like a slot machine and whatever transmission is In the build when it locks is the one I am going with. Both are awesome. Can’t really go wrong.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:44 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

So what’s the color, sgroer?? It goes with yellow... so... a blue perhaps? Maybe Ultraviolet?

ha! Slower for sure, but I had to try it! I will have a blast with it and cherish every second that I am slower. Changed the transmission 3 times. Basically it was like a slot machine and whatever transmission is In the build when it locks is the one I am going with. Both are awesome. Can’t really go wrong.

Last edited by Mech33; 10-03-2017 at 03:41 AM.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:45 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

but very lap you are faster, you know it will be you and not the car!

anyone can lap the ring sub 8 on a video game...

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order