Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 11:44 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
Dammit, I knew it sounded too good to be true.

-------------

Edit to respond to the opening post:

Color: super secret
Delivery location: home dealership SC USA
Manual/PDK: manual with *** wing
Build date: 5/18
Current V code: 180
I'm going to assume that your allocation production date has not moved from May- so your allocation is a second round allocation, correct?

Watch your V code for the next few days, most second round allocations have changed to V170- nobody knows what that means, but it still means you are in review at PAG.

Thanks for the details!

Andre

List Updated!

Last edited by montoya; 09-28-2017 at 12:00 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:28 AM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,828 Likes on 538 Posts

Hi Andre,

I'm not fluent enough to know what would qualify as a first or second round allocation. All I was told by the sales manager (before PTS was submitted or approved by PCNA) was that my manual allocation was scheduled to be built May 18th. I'm not even sure how getting to V180 affect this. Meaning that I don't know that if for some reason my PTS gets rejected in Germany if that means I get slotted back to 5/18 by default or if by submitting for PTS and only getting partially up the approval ladder I lost that original built slot and if PTS gets rejected I get pushed back to some new date.

In short, I have no idea how the causality works or what is happening. And I mean that about my 911 and life in general.

Any info would be treasured.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:59 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
Hi Andre,

I'm not fluent enough to know what would qualify as a first or second round allocation. All I was told by the sales manager (before PTS was submitted or approved by PCNA) was that my manual allocation was scheduled to be built May 18th. I'm not even sure how getting to V180 affect this. Meaning that I don't know that if for some reason my PTS gets rejected in Germany if that means I get slotted back to 5/18 by default or if by submitting for PTS and only getting partially up the approval ladder I lost that original built slot and if PTS gets rejected I get pushed back to some new date.

In short, I have no idea how the causality works or what is happening. And I mean that about my 911 and life in general.

Any info would be treasured.
A lot of information on this thread, at least read the first post on this thread where I have summarized the process to date. You can also look a Eduardo's thread on the sticky here that goes in great detail about different Paint to Sample colors, and other information on the process, Porsche's handling of PTS and many other details.

Regarding your order, it sounds like your order is second round, this may impact your chances to get approved, but no clear idea what the approval criteria will be yet. Everyone that puts an order in for PTS through PCNA, runs the risk of having their original allocation date moved to some other production date, whether your PTS order is approved or not. Some have cancelled their PTS order already and received a new date close to their original production date, but we just don't know at this point if you can expect that, or what will happen to your production date. If you are approved, you will likely have a new date for production, and if you are rejected, it's likely you will also have a new date too, just as you will if you cancel. Hope this clears things up (like mud, LOL!). It's a sucky situation, but we are all hopeful it ends well, or else we would all bail now.

Welcome to the waiting room, no seats left! Just kidding, have a seat, get comfortable, the wait could be a while!
Old 09-28-2017, 01:49 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I wonder how long the powers that be will allow us US folks sit in PTS limbo land. haha
good question, look at the list and V180 US delivery dates, they are many in 1QCY18 ... all getting closer by the day...

tick tock

with no insight into how PAG actually schedules PTS chassis (in terms of when and how many they can paint and how often prior to entering the production) I'm beginning to fear that either a
lot of orders will move, or get denied (because they dont have
the capacity to fill them in the production sequence)
Old 09-30-2017, 01:59 AM
gooner
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my dealer confirmed my PTS - dont know production date

went with dark sea blue.
Old 09-30-2017, 02:22 AM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice color. Did you get your allocation from the 2nd round?
Old 09-30-2017, 03:21 AM
gooner
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no was from the first round of allocations and only just confirmed PTS from dealer.
Old 09-30-2017, 03:24 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,333 Posts

Originally Posted by gooner
no was from the first round of allocations and only just confirmed PTS from dealer.
What's the status? V180 or V2xx?
Old 09-30-2017, 02:09 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
What's the status? V180 or V2xx?
and there's the $12,380 question!!!

"confirmed by dealer" = "we submitted the PTS order"
Old 09-30-2017, 03:13 PM
forhamilton
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a confirmed PTS order that is configureable. I'm considering selling it, but I would rather trade for a .2RS allocation as that is what I really want. Feel free to message me with interest.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:33 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 72 Posts

Update on my order

Manual

CXX rear carbon intakes denied, mirrors carbon were still in consideration but I had them removed from order since no other exterior carbon bits

CXX P#292 Air vents leather specified black

What is interesting is although still in V180 Porsche Exclusive Atalanta needed to unlock the order for my SA to make/coordinate these changes. Yana from Porsche Exclusive Atlanta then asked my SA if any other painted options or CXX as the order needs to lock and "paint needs to be ordered" My SA then followed with the question "So this means the PTS is definite?" No response from Porsche

I think this is good news but I guess you never know.

I'll keep you guys posted
Old 10-01-2017, 01:59 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JPMD
Update on my order

Manual

CXX rear carbon intakes denied, mirrors carbon were still in consideration but I had them removed from order since no other exterior carbon bits

CXX P#292 Air vents leather specified black

What is interesting is although still in V180 Porsche Exclusive Atalanta needed to unlock the order for my SA to make/coordinate these changes. Yana from Porsche Exclusive Atlanta then asked my SA if any other painted options or CXX as the order needs to lock and "paint needs to be ordered" My SA then followed with the question "So this means the PTS is definite?" No response from Porsche

I think this is good news but I guess you never know.

I'll keep you guys posted
I think it means you are in the same boat as we all are, unconfirmed V180.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:28 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Like most here, I have a V180 PTS order, originally Nov, switched to Mar as of the new PTS request process that rolled out around Aug 1.

I visited PEC Atlanta last week for a second design consultation Thursday. I politely confronted them re: “V180 limbo” discussed here and was told that it’s not true, that is, that some of the orders for the earliest production months are starting to lock, and so far, none turned down. Going as planned.

I was told that my order with a March production month, would likely lock in January, but possibly as early as December. Just sit tight was essentially the message.

Now PTS and Touring is another matter. It’s not been approved yet and there is no guarantee it will be, they told me. It’s true that there is talk it might be for Feb and later production months, but until it is approved officially there is no way to be in the que for a PTS Touring. If you switch your order to Touring now, PTS goes away on your order, and chances are slim to none to get it back this round of PTS, even if PTS becomes available for Touring for Feb and later production months. However, if PTS officially becomes available for Touring, then it’s easy to add Touring to an existing PTS order—as long as your PTS (non-Touring) order hasn’t yet locked.

And there’s the rub. Will PAG make PTS officially available to order with Touring before your order locks and it’s too late to add Touring Package?

So the way it was put to me was this: If getting Touring is more important to you than getting PTS, then switch to Touring now. If PTS is more important, stay put, and they will try to inform us before our orders lock and give us one last chance to make changes, but despite best intentions, there is no guarantee the opportunity to make changes will happen before learning that the order has locked.

Last edited by Lapis; 10-01-2017 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:36 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

.... For myself, I’ve decided to stay put with PTS (w/wing) order as I would have it if it locks that way, and hope I get the courtesy call before it locks to add Touring w/PTS.

I already have have a different build ready if PTS Touring is approved, since I’d do different options on a PTS Touring than a PTS non-Touring.

And I have a 3rd build ready for a non-PTS Touring in the event my PTS order is rejected entirely, or in the event I get a courtesy call from Porsche Exclusive saying, “your order is about to lock, but PTS is still not available for Touring, so stick with what you have or switch now to Touring in a standard color”, and I choose the latter.

I hope it doesn’t come to that last choice, but at least I am prepared for those eventualities.

Of of course the other thing that may happen is that my order locks for a PTS (winged) GT3 before I even get the chance to make a decision on build 2 or 3. And that may not be what I want. But so is the risk I have to take now to keep open the possibility of getting a PTS Touring.

First world problems. cry me a river.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:57 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 284 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis

So the way it was put to me was this: If getting Touring is more important to you than getting PTS, then switch to Touring now. If PTS is more important, stay put, and they will try to inform us before our orders lock and give us one last chance to make changes, but despite best intentions, there is no guarantee the opportunity to make changes will happen before learning that the order has locked.
So, by this this logic, does it also mean that all changes to someone's builds should be made now? It sounds like that once PTS is approved (or denied) there will still be time before the order locks, and that would allow changes to be made.

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order