Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 09:03 PM
TurboDogue
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=montoya;14401213]I have you on hold off the list for now. Canadian PTS dealers seem to have a direct connection with Germany, so I think you can trust your dealer if he is promising you a PTS in 2018. I think what he is referring to re two rounds of PTS is that Oct-Dec this year has been for ROW customers including Canada, and Jan-June seems to be reserved for USA customers, but of course that may include some from Canada too, since they work with PCNA.

LOL. I'm not Canada and yes he is saying two runs of allocations during Jan-June time window for USA.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:05 PM
TurboDogue
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'm curious if the next round of allocations in Sept for the US will be allowed to do PTS....
this is what my premier dealer is saying
Old 08-15-2017, 09:53 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I had to change the color on my PTS as I found a different shade that I much preferred. Dealer contacted custom design (or whatever they call it) and they made the change. Car went from V180 to V110 again so I need to check if it went V180.
This is an October build, it moved to May, not sure what it moved to before the color change.
GM said that dealerships are not happy because moving an allocation from this year to next, reduces the number of 911s they sell this year and hence negatively affect their allocations for next year. I asked if moving to May 2018 adds to the number of sales for that year and the answer was "no", since it was originally a 2017 allocation!! Holy cow, what logic.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:00 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
I had to change the color on my PTS as I found a different shade that I much preferred. Dealer contacted custom design (or whatever they call it) and they made the change. Car went from V180 to V110 again so I need to check if it went V180.
This is an October build, it moved to May, not sure what it moved to before the color change.
GM said that dealerships are not happy because moving an allocation from this year to next, reduces the number of 911s they sell this year and hence negatively affect their allocations for next year. I asked if moving to May 2018 adds to the number of sales for that year and the answer was "no", since it was originally a 2017 allocation!! Holy cow, what logic.
So what is the new shade? Sounds like that logic is a bogus...
Old 08-15-2017, 10:44 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

[QUOTE=TurboDogue;14403262]
Originally Posted by montoya
I have you on hold off the list for now. Canadian PTS dealers seem to have a direct connection with Germany, so I think you can trust your dealer if he is promising you a PTS in 2018. I think what he is referring to re two rounds of PTS is that Oct-Dec this year has been for ROW customers including Canada, and Jan-June seems to be reserved for USA customers, but of course that may include some from Canada too, since they work with PCNA.

LOL. I'm not Canada and yes he is saying two runs of allocations during Jan-June time window for USA.
Originally Posted by TurboDogue
this is what my premier dealer is saying

Oh man, I had a bunch of Canada PTS orders and when you say 'premier' dealer I thought of Prestige Porsche, duh. Sorry - can see from your sig you are in Texas. Then I take back what I said, US dealers aren't generally 'in the know' but there are exceptions and if you have successfully ordered PTS from them in the past, then that is a good thing and surely have contacts that give them inside information. Two- rounds is starting to make sense because....

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
I'm curious if the next round of allocations in Sept for the US will be allowed to do PTS....
...until just now I was the only PTS order out as far as June with nobody closer than April, but now we have Sam's new date of May. All the rest are Jan- April. So I honestly was getting nervous, but possibly there is some reasoning behind my late Production, mainly that it's ideal for Euro delivery- and maybe I have the last month because of that. So I might be the outlier with a June production month (save for Sam in May), however saving the May and June PTS allocations for the next release in September might be why I am so lonely out there. This further makes sense since they added PTS to the configurator and why bother if the option is unavailable (won't be the first time). And why stop at June, maybe it will run through July, who knows.

Originally Posted by Mech33
So what is the new shade? Sounds like that logic is a bogus...
Yes, more evidence to refute my 'logic' on what is going on behind the scenes! We will know soon enough! And yes Sam let us know!!
Old 08-16-2017, 09:49 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

did someone confirm you can now order carbon rear air ram ducts via CCX codes?

also looking for custom painted Brake callipers ?

thanks
Old 08-16-2017, 11:06 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by DRPM

thanks
I was told carbon rear scoops (and even just painted rear scoops) was rejected.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:32 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts

Ive thought about the same, but thinking (a) carbon is getting a bit over done these days and (b) plenty of aftermarket options and would be simple enough to replicate / install.

Originally Posted by Mech33
I was told carbon rear scoops (and even just painted rear scoops) was rejected.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:30 AM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by DRPM

thanks
^
JPMD has carbon scoops listed on his order info that Montoya has accumulated. I would be interested in that option. I have factory Technique carbon scoops on my '07RS.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:59 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 724 Likes on 396 Posts

CXX

Last edited by Dr.Bill; 08-21-2017 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:25 PM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Bummers Dr. Bill. That would've been an awesome choice. Did your production date go back to your original date or are you stuck with the PTS date?
Old 08-17-2017, 05:38 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,984 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
I'm officially out.
Was going to be Golf Blue. The dealer may have a Golf Blue car available for sale sometime next year now. . .
That's the color that I was going to get if I got a PTS slot.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:12 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

I'm officially out.
Was going to be Golf Blue. The dealer may have a Golf Blue car available for sale sometime next year now. . .
Originally Posted by hayn911gt3
That would've been an awesome choice.
That's the color that I was going to get if I got a PTS slot.
Golf is one of the best blues. That car will sell long before it lands.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:54 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

I'm officially out.
Yes Bummer- probably a car for Martin if ADM isn't too bad. PDK or manual???
Old 08-17-2017, 07:33 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

I'm officially out.
That car should still be configurable for quite some time...

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order