Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 02:09 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by CTK
My Mexico Blue GT3 arrived today after being delayed from Feb, March, May and it was my understanding that the car would arrive as late as 8/17.

I placed a deposit for the car back in September 2015 in anticipation of Porsche offering a manual on the 991 GT3 and as a result, I was first-in-line for my dealer's allocation. My father and I spec'd and placed an order for the GT3 back on June 15, 2017.

My father, brother and I always take delivery of our cars together. Its been a father and sons event for years. Unfortunately, my father passed away suddenly and unexpectedly on October 21, 2017 from sudden cardiac arrest at the young age of 73. My dad was on great terms with everyone and we were all very close. I just wanted more time with him. So, taking delivery of my GT3 has been filled with mixed emotions. On one hand, I want my dad physically present, on the other hand, I know his spirit is in me and we are experiencing the collection of the car together. As you can see, I am still sorting out my emotions.

I arranged to be at the dealer when the car arrived on the car-carrier so that I could inspect the car. I also arranged to have the fuel tank filled with Shell Ultimate 93 octane. Finally, I arranged to return to the dealer on Wednesday morning to wash the car myself and place it in the dealer showroom (under car cover) so that my young daughters (ages 2-9) could unveil the car with my immediate family present. I wanted to make the unveiling a special occasion as I am taking delivery of a GT3, not a minivan (I took delivery of a new minivan last month, lol). My cars are ultimately for my daughters, but I will be the custodian of them until they attain driving age.

After we unveil it, then the first destination (after clear film) will be to the cemetery. I'm sure my dad would have done the same for me if rolls were reversed.

A few details regarding my inspection of the car. I removed all protection wrap from outside to conduct my inspection, but I left the protective covering on the interior door sills and interior. I inspected the car with a Rupe's light and the paint looked and felt great. Neither myself nor my SA could find any imperfections. My SA did say that the dealership owner, a VIP customer with a 918, received his GT3 in March this year and the paint on his PTS GT3 was in need of serious paint correction. Maybe Porsche's delays in production were to maintain quality and avoid rushing the cars thru. I may clay portions of the car if needed before its wrapped with Xpel Ultimate.

Other minor details: The satellite radio wart is in black and not PTS. Don't mind it really as it matches the black accents on the car. Car was delivered with 6.9 miles. I helped the car hauler unload the car. Good thing I did as he left a chain hanging down and I wrapped it around an interior handle to keep the wind from pushing it against the car as he was reversing it out. The guy had no-one but me help him while he was backing out the car.

Overall, I am happy with the condition of the car. More to come.

Cheers to all. I hope you guys enjoy your cars in good health with your families.
very touching story , so sorry on your Dads passing
Wishing you and your family the very best
Enjoy in good health
Kind regards
Ed
Old 07-30-2018, 03:08 PM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats on the beautiful car and my condolences on your father. He will always be with you and watching you always. Take care and God Bless always to you and your family......
Old 07-30-2018, 03:20 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

CTK: Very sorry to hear about your dad, touching story.

Hot looking Mexico Blue GT3. Congrats. Is your trim Brushed Anthracite? If so, can you post a close-up picture? And what did you use for door sill guards? Stainless steel?
Old 07-30-2018, 04:35 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 971 Likes on 486 Posts

Auratium Green truly is a special color. One of those that you have to see in person to truly appreciate it to it's fullest.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 07-30-2018, 04:40 PM
Type901
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 64 Posts

Beautiful spec @CTK and my favorite PTS color. I’m sure it’s bittersweet congratulations without your father by your side to take delivery, but I am sure he’ll be smiling down on you every time the needle touches 9,000 RPM.
Old 07-30-2018, 05:05 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by CTK
My Mexico Blue GT3 arrived today after being delayed from Feb, March, May and it was my understanding that the car would arrive as late as 8/17.
Congratulations on the GT3, and sorry to hear about the sudden loss of your father. Though I lost my father over 10 years ago, I can certainly understand the emotions you're going through while taking delivery of your new car. My father was also a car guy and had a number of Porsches, most notably a beautiful 930 Turbo, and though my Porsche was a reward to myself for reaching certain milestones in both business and in life, it was a bittersweet experience as he was not there to experience the occasion with me. Fortunately, his resting place is a few miles from where I live so whenever I buy a new car, the first thing I do is go visit him. I'm sure your father is looking down, in awe of what a fine specimen you specced. Enjoy her
Old 07-30-2018, 08:05 PM
CTK
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 5 Posts

Sam Pelligrino, Crazy Eddie, Hayn911gt3, BlueHorseShoe, Type901 and WantA997, thank you for your posts, comments and condolences. I really appreciate it. My father's quick passing has changed me in so many ways. I have refocused my life priorities and I am trying to make and give as much of my time and attention to my kids as possible; like my father did for me.

BlueHorseShoe, I will take more pics on Wednesday (anthracite and door sills in stainless steel) when I go to the dealer to wash the car and set it in the showroom so my kids can unveil. I will post the pics here on TH.

Cheers to our fathers!
Old 07-30-2018, 10:11 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by CTK
Sam Pelligrino, Crazy Eddie, Hayn911gt3, BlueHorseShoe, Type901 and WantA997, thank you for your posts, comments and condolences. I really appreciate it. My father's quick passing has changed me in so many ways. I have refocused my life priorities and I am trying to make and give as much of my time and attention to my kids as possible; like my father did for me.

BlueHorseShoe, I will take more pics on Wednesday (anthracite and door sills in stainless steel) when I go to the dealer to wash the car and set it in the showroom so my kids can unveil. I will post the pics here on TH.

Cheers to our fathers!
Cars are just things that bring people together. It’s awesome your father shared your passion, it’s a special bond that you will always carry with you. Enjoy your new car in his memory.

Marked as a delivered- in more ways than one.

Thanks,

Andre
Old 07-31-2018, 01:12 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,036 Likes on 591 Posts

just received an email denying my PTS on gt3rs
Oh well
will stick with original build
Old 08-01-2018, 12:46 PM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

I like it!
Old 08-01-2018, 02:14 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 592 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by pitt911
just received an email denying my PTS on gt3rs
Oh well
will stick with original build
sorry to hear that! at least you still have a car lol
Old 08-01-2018, 03:44 PM
CTK
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
CTK: Very sorry to hear about your dad, touching story.

Hot looking Mexico Blue GT3. Congrats. Is your trim Brushed Anthracite? If so, can you post a close-up picture? And what did you use for door sill guards? Stainless steel?
See pic for the brushed anthracite. My door sills are illuminated stainless steel. I like them.

Fueled up with Shell 93, then washed, clayed and prepped the car this AM and set it in the showroom. I also installed my WeatherTech floor matts and side bolster covers (from Rennlist Forum member) for the bucket seats. I am unveiling the car to my children on TH and then off for PPF (expel Ultimate) on Friday.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Definitely loving the brushed anthracite. Went with that on my car as well. The interior is too dark and the anthracite helps bring out a nice contrast.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:05 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,810 Likes on 533 Posts

I just found out that my winged manual Telesto shipped early on 7/25 and is on Miraculous Ace (officially changing my name to that).

Should have it by the end of the month.

Old 08-01-2018, 07:13 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,810 Likes on 533 Posts

Been watching it for the last couple of hours and it has barely moved.

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order