Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 05:24 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Wooly1
My friend is on the list at his local dealer for a 991.2 GT3. The dealer wants 30K over for an allocation. My friend will not pay it. He bought from them a 2011 911 Turbo, a 2014 Cayenne GTS, and a 2016 GT4. Yesterday he just purchased a Macaan Turbo for his wife. The Macaan was a 2017 and the 18’s are just rolling in. Being that it was the end of the model year and the car has depreciated in value, he was offered a discount to take a 2017 over a 2018. After he had paid and completed paperwork, he asked the sales manager,”well are you going to give me a GT3 allocation at MSRP now?” The sales managers response was,”did you pay MSRP for your Macaan?” This is total BS in my opinion. When Apple launches their new iPhone X in a month, people will be drooling and easily willing to pay a 50% to 100% premium to be some of the first to get it. Does Apple jack the price up for the first month to double the retail price? Of course not. They are a first quality brand and they determine what they think is a fair price, and that’s the price...period. While Porsche does not own the dealerships, they can easily control dealer gouging be allocating cars to those dealers that sell at msrp. It would immediately fix the current dealer gouging problem and restore integrity to their brand. But what do I know, I’m just trying to get my “reduced engine power CEL” on my 991.1 GT3 to stop coming on every other week.

Oh and the offending dealer may or may not be Porsche of South Bay in Los Angeles.
Honestly, your friend should have walked out and not completed the Macan purchase with the response that he got from the sales manager. Unreal.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:39 PM
SteveFrench
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Honestly, your friend should have walked out and not completed the Macan purchase with the response that he got from the sales manager. Unreal.

Nah, dude got played. He knew that guy was foaming at the mouth for the car. Do you really think all these "ambassadors" give a **** about you as a person? I don't.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:41 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveFrench
Nah, dude got played. He knew that guy was foaming at the mouth for the car. Do you really think all these "ambassadors" give a **** about you as a person? I don't.
Why didn't he get the GT3 MSRP allocation in writing before closing the macan deal?
Old 09-28-2017, 06:48 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 684 Likes on 377 Posts

I find it interesting that the game that is getting a GT3 just has no rules. I think most would be good if they knew what the rules were.

Are the cars at MSRP, are they ADM, are they "market price"? What do you have to do to get "on the list"?

There are examples from people that have never bought a Porsche and get one at MSRP to folks that have bought several cars from the same dealer, built a relationship etc and they can only get one with an ADM.

That is the absurdity of the entire mess. There is no correct way to get that GT3 at MSRP. Just tell folks what they have to do. Buy 1 car, buy 8 cars, buy a race car, send email, offer their first born, what? Then I can make that decision and/or get the hell out of the brand or buy a different car.

Certainly entertaining this thread is.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:58 PM
longboarder
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I find it interesting that the game that is getting a GT3 just has no rules. I think most would be good if they knew what the rules were.

Are the cars at MSRP, are they ADM, are they "market price"? What do you have to do to get "on the list"?

There are examples from people that have never bought a Porsche and get one at MSRP to folks that have bought several cars from the same dealer, built a relationship etc and they can only get one with an ADM.

That is the absurdity of the entire mess. There is no correct way to get that GT3 at MSRP. Just tell folks what they have to do. Buy 1 car, buy 8 cars, buy a race car, send email, offer their first born, what? Then I can make that decision and/or get the hell out of the brand or buy a different car.

Certainly entertaining this thread is.
I hear ya brother. I would find a nice low mileage pre-owned .1 with a spec you like at a dealer and buy it with the negotiated promise you would trade it back in when your .2 at msrp comes in. So at least the SA has an incentive that he/she will make money on you now and then. But if it doesn't happen so what you still have a .1.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:23 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Originally Posted by longboarder
I hear ya brother. I would find a nice low mileage pre-owned .1 with a spec you like at a dealer and buy it with the negotiated promise you would trade it back in when your .2 at msrp comes in. So at least the SA has an incentive that he/she will make money on you now and then. But if it doesn't happen so what you still have a .1.
Yeah I totally agree and the plan for now once TT is sold. Still find the thread interesting and all the different stories and just how opposite they can be.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:40 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 170 Likes on 90 Posts

I've started to track the new GT3 production out of curiosity and it looks like they are building in the order of 15 per day for NA. I don't think they are going to be as rare as some dealers are trying to make it look. VIN's are ranging from 068 to 520 right now so that would be 450 for mostly September if they actually built all of those cars which I'm not able to verify.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:43 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 227 Likes on 130 Posts

^
Old 09-28-2017, 07:53 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 413 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Loess
I've started to track the new GT3 production out of curiosity and it looks like they are building in the order of 15 per day for NA. I don't think they are going to be as rare as some dealers are trying to make it look. VIN's are ranging from 068 to 520 right now so that would be 450 for mostly September if they actually built all of those cars which I'm not able to verify.
Keep this data to yourself!
Move along...nothing to see here!

I have a feeling you will soon not be able to view this data any longer. What is the URL?
Old 09-28-2017, 07:58 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 227 Likes on 130 Posts

^LOL.. not Loess first rodeo..
Old 09-28-2017, 08:12 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Originally Posted by Loess
This should be kept private. The flippers may come after you and you will find a horse head in your bed.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:25 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Been away for a few days, some interesting readings.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:25 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 170 Likes on 90 Posts

Not to worry. Many will choose not to believe me and there will be numerous posts saying they either built 500 or 10000. I'm mostly just curious to see what the first major production month is like. The biggest RS month was Sept 2015 at 162 cars for North America.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:40 PM
pvgolfer
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Wooly1
Oh and the offending dealer may or may not be Porsche of South Bay in Los Angeles.
Yeah, no kidding… on the flip side, at least I can walk across the parking lot to the Costco food court for a slice of pizza and be treated like a TRUE VALUED CUSTOMER.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:14 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,390 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by ajag
Why didn't he get the GT3 MSRP allocation in writing before closing the macan deal?
Ya think?? I would of cancelled the paperwork right there on the Macan and told them I would get my Lawyers involved it they tried to play games. I have no time for BS these days

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread