Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 06:36 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
It's not semantics. Those simply are not popular colors. 500 people could get Mexico blue, it would still be PTS.
+1

What makes it PTS is simply that it isn't a standard or optional color. And requires some annoying level of approval.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:59 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Rusnak Pasadena will be getting a "Fashion Grey" car!
Old 03-29-2015, 12:35 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MJones
Indeed. Too bad they're on my refuse-to-do-business-with list.

Also, they're supposedly asking $40k over MSRP.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:45 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
that signal green is beautiful... i am happy for the fellow that found it in autotrader, but for the love of.... really? autotrader? ugh.

i called all the dealers that purportedly may have signal green and so far no luck
I doubt it was found on autotrader, but you never know... I'm with you, lots of calls and emails and if it really was sold thru autotrader, I guess it's a lesson learned, really?

And Ralph, he knows I want one, you missed it on autotrader too? That's why I don't think it really was available when on autotrader...
Old 03-29-2015, 02:00 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Ultimately...it's PCNA's fault!

We have been saying this from day one. Rusnak Pasadena is either stupid...or they got PAG to changed the color. Was is it? We report, you decide.

Rusnak Pasadena is claiming they are getting a PTS gt3 in 'Mexico Blue'. And you Brian gave us the following information back on 2/17/2015:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ailable-2.html

And as you can see below from an email our Rennlist group received from Rusnak, they are actively marketing a 'Mexico Blue' gt3 with these very specific specs that add up to $157,760!

See post #51

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ey-gt3s-4.html

But what we found out was that Rusnak was allocated a PTS 'Modegrau / Fashion Grey' gt3 by PCNA...not 'Mexico Blue'. Here is what the PCNA computers are telling us about the PTS gt3 that Rusnak Pasadena has been allocated:

I am finished with the silly games Rusnak Pasadena is playing on its customers. If they got PAG to change the PTS color, let them show proof. I suggest someone call their bluff. I have informed PCNA about it. It's up to them to set the record straight...otherwise they too are in on the deception to the public!

And these guys at Rusnak are asking $40K over MSRP for this vehicle, of which it's color is still in doubt!

Shame on Porsche & PCNA for allowing this charade to continue!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Last edited by Z356; 03-29-2015 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-29-2015, 04:39 AM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

I specifically asked my SA at Rusnack if they were getting Fashion Grey or Mexico Blue and the answer was categorically Mexico Blue. This is not from Fred the sales manager though, just from one of the associates. Maybe they have to replace their lighting system there ( they've known me for years and several cars and referrals and they are courteous enough not to call me with above msrp offers so somebody is misinformed for sure since my SA would not play such game since he knows I'm allergic to above msrp). This was 2 days ago. Go figure...

Eduardo, thank you for your posts and congrats on a special car. Please think about writing a book on Porsche colors.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:10 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My question is what does Rusnak have to gain by advertising a Mexico Blue GT3 if it's really Fashion Grey? Maybe it was built in the FG group of cars hence categorized with them, but somehow pulled major strings to get the color changed. If they did this, I'm absolutely sure that they did it knowing that a Mexico Blue GT3 would be highly sought after and therefor fully did this with the intention of being able to use this as a Massive profit taking vehicle. Given Rusnak's reputation for marking up "Special" cars, there is absolutely no way that PCNA wasn't aware of this. PCNA is obviously throwing Rusnak a bone because it's a dealership that produces big numbers as a dealership and it's one of those times that they understand there's going to be collateral damage, but can just play stupid and act like they didn't know what Rusnak was/is doing and not address the issue. Also Rusnak doesn't give a single $#1+ what those of us on Rennlist think about them charging MSRP, because Los Angeles is so huge with so many people that not only have the money to pay the 40K over, they WILL pay the 40K over. For every 1 person on Rennlist that refuse to buy the car out of principle, there are 5 that don't even know Rennlist exists and are more than willing to buy this car at any price simply because they can and they want it. That's the very sad truth. I bet this car is sold at their ridiculous +40K markup the day the car lands in the showroom. SHAME on PCNA for letting this happen. But again, that goes back to the fact Rusnak produces big numbers, and when they do that, PCNA is forced to turn their heads and pretend they don't know what Rusnak is up to. I guarantee PCNA will not publicly or privately comment or answer any emails regarding this practice. They wont condemn it because when found out that they're in collusion by allowing it to happen without consequence, then they'll have egg on their face. But if they condemn it and take allocations away from Rusnak, they're cutting off their nose to spite their face. Same things applies to Beverly Hills and why they are allowed to charge over MSRP. Ugh, this gets my blood boiling!
Old 03-29-2015, 09:29 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,682 Likes on 781 Posts

I guess wa can add them on the **** list
Old 03-29-2015, 10:49 AM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
We have been saying this from day one. Rusnak Pasadena is either stupid...or they got PAG to changed the color. Was is it? We report, you decide.

Rusnak Pasadena is claiming they are getting a PTS gt3 in 'Mexico Blue'. And you Brian gave us the following information back on 2/17/2015:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ailable-2.html

And as you can see below from an email our Rennlist group received from Rusnak, they are actively marketing a 'Mexico Blue' gt3 with these very specific specs that add up to $157,760!

See post #51

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ey-gt3s-4.html

But what we found out was that Rusnak was allocated a PTS 'Modegrau / Fashion Grey' gt3 by PCNA...not 'Mexico Blue'. Here is what the PCNA computers are telling us about the PTS gt3 that Rusnak Pasadena has been allocated:

I am finished with the silly games Rusnak Pasadena is playing on its customers. If they got PAG to change the PTS color, let them show proof. I suggest someone call their bluff. I have informed PCNA about it. It's up to them to set the record straight...otherwise they too are in on the deception to the public!

And these guys at Rusnak are asking $40K over MSRP for this vehicle, of which it's color is still in doubt!

Shame on Porsche & PCNA for allowing this charade to continue!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

I guess the answer is the $40K over MSRP covers the full vehicle wrap in "Mexico Blue."
Old 03-29-2015, 11:08 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Turns out the car given to Rusnak was suppose to be "Mexico Blue" and was populated in PPN as such. But as of last week the color was changed to "Fashion Grey"! Interestingly enough it would still populate in the view section of PPN as "Mexico".
They are getting "Fashion Grey"!
Old 03-29-2015, 11:13 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

They had a lineup of people willing to pay the up-charge for the MB.

Now it's 'Fashion Grey"....Not so many
Old 03-29-2015, 01:41 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Please Connect The Dots...

Turns out the car given to Rusnak was suppose to be "Mexico Blue" and was populated in PPN as such. But as of last week the color was changed to "Fashion Grey"! Interestingly enough it would still populate in the view section of PPN as "Mexico".
They are getting "Fashion Grey"!
That is not it, Brian.

They had a lineup of people willing to pay the up-charge for the MB. Now it's 'Fashion Grey"....Not so many
If so, ask yourself: 'Why would they change it from the popular 'Mexico Blue' to the less popular 'Fashion Grey / Modegrau'? That would make NO SENSE!

Originally Posted by br911
I specifically asked my SA at Rusnack if they were getting Fashion Grey or Mexico Blue and the answer was categorically Mexico Blue....Eduardo, thank you for your posts and congrats on a special car. Please think about writing a book on Porsche colors.
Thanks for the comment. And now back on point. Yes, they are actively telling EVERYONE is 'Mexico Blue', not just you! This is no fluke. Let's go back to what was posted on this so-called 'Mexico Blue' when we learned about it here on Rennlist. Please follow closely:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...een-gt3-6.html

When you look at all the evidence, and connect all the dots now that we know how specific these 30 PTS gt3s were specced in EACH of the three colors 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red' and 'Fashion Grey', there is NO QUESTION that from the very start of this charade Rusnak had a 'Fashion Grey' gt3 with the specific specs we know was given by PAG to each & everyone of those 'Modegrau' gt3s. And the PCNA computer information on the specific car allocated by Porsche to Rusnak from the start categorizes the color as 'Modegrau' and even gives it a color code number 61H!

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
My question is what does Rusnak have to gain by advertising a Mexico Blue GT3 if it's really Fashion Grey?
You tell me!

Maybe it was built in the FG group of cars hence categorized with them, but somehow pulled major strings to get the color changed. If they did this, I'm absolutely sure that they did it knowing that a Mexico Blue GT3 would be highly sought after and therefor fully did this with the intention of being able to use this as a Massive profit taking vehicle.
This might make sense if that is in fact what they did. But it's not. It was never changed to 'Mexico Blue' by PAG. It's still 'Fashion Grey / Modegrau'. Now what?

And show me another US dealer, powerful (large volume) or small (low volume), that was able to change the color to ANY of these allocated 30 PTS gt3s? If I was dealer principal or GM receiving one of the allocated PTS 'Arena Red Metallic' gt3s, I would have immediately requested in change to 'Riviera Blue', 'Mexico Blue', 'Voodoo Blue', 'Viper Green', 'Signal Yellow', etc. In other words, almost any other 'in demand' PTS color...not 'Arena Red Metallic'! But not a single other dealer (large or small) was able to effect a color change on their late allocation PTS gt3 from any of these three PAG chosen colors. And now we learn that not even MIGHTY Rusnak was NOT able to do that change either! Now what?

PCNA is obviously throwing Rusnak a bone because it's a dealership that produces big numbers as a dealership and it's one of those times that they understand there's going to be collateral damage, but can just play stupid and act like they didn't know what Rusnak was/is doing and not address the issue.
PCNA gave out these 30 PTS gt3s to specific dealers as a specific reward for their specific participation in a specific European dealer conference related to a specific Porsche program in Europe. In this specific case, this additional allocation was not a bone thrown to a large volume dealer like Rusnak. We have all kinds of US dealers receiving these 30 PTS gt3s and they range from the large & powerful (Beverly Hills, Rusnak, North Sottsdale) to the not-so-large and pretty insignificant in terms of volume (Omaha, Syracuse). Now what?

Also Rusnak doesn't give a single $#1+ what those of us on Rennlist think about them charging MSRP, because Los Angeles is so huge with so many people that not only have the money to pay the 40K over, they WILL pay the 40K over. For every 1 person on Rennlist that refuse to buy the car out of principle, there are 5 that don't even know Rennlist exists and are more than willing to buy this car at any price simply because they can and they want it. That's the very sad truth. I bet this car is sold at their ridiculous +40K markup the day the car lands in the showroom.
Maybe so. But there is egg on their faces after this expose we have done right here on Rennlist via this thread. Trust me.

SHAME on PCNA for letting this happen. But again, that goes back to the fact Rusnak produces big numbers, and when they do that, PCNA is forced to turn their heads and pretend they don't know what Rusnak is up to. I guarantee PCNA will not publicly or privately comment or answer any emails regarding this practice. They wont condemn it because when found out that they're in collusion by allowing it to happen without consequence, then they'll have egg on their face. But if they condemn it and take allocations away from Rusnak, they're cutting off their nose to spite their face. Same things applies to Beverly Hills and why they are allowed to charge over MSRP. Ugh, this gets my blood boiling!
Mine too!

Originally Posted by GregJGT3
I guess the answer is the $40K over MSRP covers the full vehicle wrap in "Mexico Blue."
Sure.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-29-2015, 04:38 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

It was not untill 3/27 that Rusnak found out that they were getting "Fashion Grey" instead of MB!
Up to then they thought they were getting MB and PPN supported that, but that was not the case.....
Old 03-29-2015, 05:47 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

It was not untill 3/27 that Rusnak found out that they were getting "Fashion Grey" instead of MB!
Up to then they thought they were getting MB and PPN supported that, but that was not the case.....
Brian: I am one of those here at Rennlist that have appreciate your reports in the past. However, in this case, I believe you have been given the wrong information by Rusnak or some other source.

I have been working on this 'story' since March 6th. I have a wide number of knowledgeable sources that have provided me with specific information as to what Rusnak Pasadena knew vs what they represented to know on this matter. Members of the group of Rennlisters I assembled to ferret out the story had a number of very specific conversations with Rusnak Pasadena and confronted them back in February of 2015 with factual information that PCNA's computers were showing their allocated PTS gt3 as 'Modegrau 61H' and not 'Mexico Blue'. That is a fact. It is totally inconceivable that Rusnak Pasadena did NOT KNOW the truth. Yet they continued with the 'Mexico Blue' gt3 charade until the present....or if we are to believe your report, at least until the 27th of March!

If you have any factual report from PAG or PCNA showing they were originally scheduled to receive a 'Mexico Blue' gt3 with these specific specs, please post it. Otherwise may I ask why are you trying to cover for them?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-30-2015, 04:01 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Eduardo, my only thinking is that by spreading the Mexico Blue myth, they're stirring up a lot of inquiries. Then once the Modegrau arrives, they'll call all the people who've expressed interest in the Mexico Blue car (which never existed) and say "We're sorry, but the Mexico Blue car is nolonger available, however a BEAUTIFUL Fashion Grey GT3 just came in. It's a very special 1 of 10 produced in this color and we'd love to give you the opportunity to own it"...

Thank you for your diligent work on this subject and it really is great to expose these practices. In this modern age, the shell game is becoming a lot more difficult to pull and hopefully things like your "expose" make dealers, PCNA and PAG more transparent and forthcoming in their dealings.

Quick Reply: The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!