Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 01:57 AM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Truth be told, PTS is a misnomer anyway. True Paint to Sample would mean, bring in a sample of what you'd like us to paint your car. Home Depot and Lowes can do this, why can't Porsche? What Porsche is trying to push off as Paint to Sample, is actually just optional colors that cost more. Call it what it really is. It's just a funny way into fooling people that they're getting something so exclusive.
Seriously. My '88 is a PTS. Now, I couldn't get PTS on a 2015. Even dealers don't know the name or original make of my paint. One guy's hunch was it was a Mercedes color.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:33 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Got a call from Rusnak today. They have a Fashion Gray (PTS) coming in end of May. Asked me if I was ok with a market adjustment. I asked, well… how much? He said $20k! I said send me the build sheet.

Needless to say, these dealers are lost when it comes to speccing a GT3; let alone a PTS one!!! ****ty specs i.m.o.

Having said that, i love the color. But it would at the very least need LWB's, PCCB's, and Yellow belts for me to even begin to consider it.

Has a $155,765.00 msrp if anyone's interested.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:57 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GT TREE
Got a call from Rusnak today. They have a Fashion Gray (PTS) coming in end of May. Asked me if I was ok with a market adjustment. I asked, well… how much? He said $20k! I said send me the build sheet.

Needless to say, these dealers are lost when it comes to speccing a GT3; let alone a PTS one!!! ****ty specs i.m.o.

Having said that, i love the color. But it would at the very least need LWB's, PCCB's, and Yellow belts for me to even begin to consider it.

Has a $155,765.00 msrp if anyone's interested.
Why, yes, I am Ok with a market adjustment. How about $145k for the car?

Thank you. Money is sitting here, on the table. Take it or leave it.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:29 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Rusnak had nothing to do with 'speccing' this 'Fashion Grey / Modegrau' gt3. It used to be a 'Mexico Blue' PTS gt3 at $40K over MSRP before they found religion. Sorry, but I think you missed the whole point of this thread!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 04-09-2015, 01:46 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Rusnak had nothing to do with 'speccing' this 'Fashion Grey / Modegrau' gt3. It used to be a 'Mexico Blue' PTS gt3 at $40K over MSRP before they found religion. Sorry, but I think you missed the whole point of this thread!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Yep ^^^
Old 04-09-2015, 03:04 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Fashion Gray... LWB's, PCCB's, and Yellow belts
I like how you think, and ordered mine that way!

To be fair, steel brakes are a perfect choice for those looking to track, and red looks great on fashion grey to boot. Plus black LEDs and wheels are awesome. But I really wish these PTS GT3s had been offered with LWB.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:00 AM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Missed the whole point of this thread
Sorry... was just letting others know this PTS in particular was being offered for anyone that may be interested.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:02 AM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by <3mph
I like how you think, and ordered mine that way!

To be fair, steel brakes are a perfect choice for those looking to track, and red looks great on fashion grey to boot. Plus black LEDs and wheels are awesome. But I really wish these PTS GT3s had been offered with LWB.

Wow... You lucky dawg you!!
The yellow accents with this color will just be awesome I.m.o.
Did you take delivery of yours yet?
Old 04-09-2015, 11:07 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Don't get confused...

Missed the whole point of this thread
Yes, you did...time & time again.

Read again Post #22 'Chapter 4' so you learn who specced these PTS gt3s - it was not the individual dealers that received these cars!

Posted on March 22nd, 2015:

"Chapter 4 - We have established information that each of the three PTS colors - 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' and 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau' - has it's own particular spec. We initially thought they were all the same, but found out differently. However, they all have a set of standard equipment or options which betray a 'signature' by whomever decided to establish these odd specifications. Remember, neither the dealers nor 'Porsche Exclusive' in North America were consulted on these specs! And the paperwork that came with them to the dealers that were awarded these PTS gt3s believed that the specs were locked in place by order of PAG. In fact, there were only one or two savvy General Managers at some of these dealers that managed to modify the specs...but always in very minor ways. For example, two of the "Signal Green' gt3s started out with standard brakes, but were able to be changed to PCCB. We know of ONLY one of these gt3s - the one given to Anonymous918 via the VIP program - which was heavily modified from its original 'base' specs. He was able to add LWB and PCCBs, among other options. But he was the exception and not the rule!

All of the pts gt3s in these batch of reward allocations were originally specced with the following 'Core Base' Standards & Options:

Core Base Standard & Options
4-way Sport Plus Seats,
Extended Range Fuel Tank (082)
Seat Heating (342)
Front Axle Lift (474)
Sound Package Plus (490)
LED Headlights (602 or XEY)
Sport Chrono (643)
Sirius/XM/HD Radio (690)
Floor Mats (810)
Auto Dimming Mirrors/Rain Sensor (P13)
PCM w. Navigation (P23)
Ornamental Porsche Crest (ZAB)
"

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ey-gt3s-3.html

Sorry... was just letting others know this PTS in particular was being offered for anyone that may be interested.
If that's your goal, you are quite late to the party!

Posted on 3/22/2015

'Fashion Grey / Modegrau'
Confirmed
1) Champion Florida. (Available. Asking $178,000 or $20K over MSRP)
2) Rusnak Pasadena (Available. Asking $198,000 or $40K over MSRP). Rusnak claims it is 'Mexico Blue' and not 'Modegrau'...we are not so sure!

Post #51
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ey-gt3s-4.html

Posted on 3/28/2015:

"We have been saying this from day one. Rusnak Pasadena is either stupid...or they got PAG to changed the color. Was is it? We report, you decide."

Post 185
Post 192
Post 194
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...y-gt3s-13.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 04-09-2015, 11:15 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow... You lucky dawg you!!
The yellow accents with this color will just be awesome I.m.o.
Did you take delivery of yours yet?
Thanks! And yes, I have already received it! I have a few photos up in posts 6, 87, and 107 of 'the modegrau / Fashion grey thread' (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ey-thread.html). Here's a few more:

Old 04-09-2015, 02:53 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Vin #'s and last of production news...

Will these last batch of PTS gt3s be the last of the '15 gt3s produced at Zuffenhausen? Perhaps not.

Look what user Oto60 posted afterwards:

To read the whole thread, go to the link below:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...be-last-5.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 04-10-2015, 12:15 AM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Yes, you did...time & time again.

Read again Post #22 'Chapter 4' so you learn who specced these PTS gt3s - it was not the individual dealers that received these cars!

Posted on March 22nd, 2015:

"Chapter 4 - We have established information that each of the three PTS colors - 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' and 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau' - has it's own particular spec. We initially thought they were all the same, but found out differently. However, they all have a set of standard equipment or options which betray a 'signature' by whomever decided to establish these odd specifications. Remember, neither the dealers nor 'Porsche Exclusive' in North America were consulted on these specs! And the paperwork that came with them to the dealers that were awarded these PTS gt3s believed that the specs were locked in place by order of PAG. In fact, there were only one or two savvy General Managers at some of these dealers that managed to modify the specs...but always in very minor ways. For example, two of the "Signal Green' gt3s started out with standard brakes, but were able to be changed to PCCB. We know of ONLY one of these gt3s - the one given to Anonymous918 via the VIP program - which was heavily modified from its original 'base' specs. He was able to add LWB and PCCBs, among other options. But he was the exception and not the rule!

All of the pts gt3s in these batch of reward allocations were originally specced with the following 'Core Base' Standards & Options:

Core Base Standard & Options
4-way Sport Plus Seats,
Extended Range Fuel Tank (082)
Seat Heating (342)
Front Axle Lift (474)
Sound Package Plus (490)
LED Headlights (602 or XEY)
Sport Chrono (643)
Sirius/XM/HD Radio (690)
Floor Mats (810)
Auto Dimming Mirrors/Rain Sensor (P13)
PCM w. Navigation (P23)
Ornamental Porsche Crest (ZAB)
"

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ey-gt3s-3.html

If that's your goal, you are quite late to the party!

Posted on 3/22/2015

'Fashion Grey / Modegrau'
Confirmed
1) Champion Florida. (Available. Asking $178,000 or $20K over MSRP)
2) Rusnak Pasadena (Available. Asking $198,000 or $40K over MSRP). Rusnak claims it is 'Mexico Blue' and not 'Modegrau'...we are not so sure!

Post #51
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ey-gt3s-4.html

Posted on 3/28/2015:

"We have been saying this from day one. Rusnak Pasadena is either stupid...or they got PAG to changed the color. Was is it? We report, you decide."

Post 185
Post 192
Post 194
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...y-gt3s-13.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Again, sorry…… I guess I just don't have the time to read every post of every thread. Not to mention live, breathe, and die for PTS knowledge.

Originally Posted by <3mph
Thanks! And yes, I have already received it! I have a few photos up in posts 6, 87, and 107 of 'the modegrau / Fashion grey thread' (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ey-thread.html). Here's a few more:

PERFECTION!! Exactly how I'd option one PTS. Enjoy in the best of health.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:25 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Again, sorry…… I guess I just don't have the time to read every post of every thread.
This is a bit over the top, no? I think a quick skim of this single thread (the one you thought important enough to post in) would have done the trick.

Not to mention live, breathe, and die for PTS knowledge.
Even more over the top... and frankly, uncalled for -- especially in a thread that has brought useful information to so many RLers and even helped land a handful of them a dream car formerly thought to be impossible.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:36 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

So, if you take the painted key option, will they match it PTS?
Old 04-10-2015, 04:30 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
So, if you take the painted key option, will they match it PTS?
Yes, apparently so. This is the key of Jamie140's PTS 'Riviera Blue' 991 gt3 in Canada.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Quick Reply: The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!