968 Supercharger Kit Development

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Carl:

I see there is a 968 SC that you guys did for sale on Ebay. I just found this today. The ad states, "This 968 was purchased by 928 Motorsports LLC as a model for development of a supercharger kit for the Porsche 968."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...fCarsQ5fTrucks
The seller is CaptnCarl, wonder who that is?
Old 12-07-2009, 10:47 PM
future
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like your in the market for a 968 Rob
Old 12-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Carl Fausett
Developer

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

RolexNJ: yep - thats our test mule. Its a bargian if someone wants it.

To all: the moderators/owners of the other forum, get this: they sniped me off of this forum. I got PM'd by the other forum that my 968 posts looked interesting and I outa post over there. I thought that mildly unethical and odd. Its my bad for following their suggestion. As I posted development/progress reports I was welcomed and applauded by the forum moderators. When I posted I was done, my subscription was cut, and I have not been able to get back on. Many members have emailed me saying they posted and sent a broadcast email announcing their kit is in development and it has almost exactly our design set.

What floors me is that they hunted me here on Renn, and solicited us to post over there where they could control it.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:50 AM
John Etnier
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It more than floors me. It disgusts me. The telltale in my case was being cut off there, when I'd really posted nothing here beyond an OMFG.

I put a lot of time and effort into that site before it was taken over: I have several DIY pdf's created at other users' requests, and lots and lots of energy put into posts there. All ripped off now: I can't look anything up.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Originally Posted by Carl Fausett

To all: the moderators/owners of the other forum, get this: they sniped me off of this forum. I got PM'd by the other forum that my 968 posts looked interesting and I outa post over there. I thought that mildly unethical and odd. Its my bad for following their suggestion. As I posted development/progress reports I was welcomed and applauded by the forum moderators. When I posted I was done, my subscription was cut, and I have not been able to get back on. Many members have emailed me saying they posted and sent a broadcast email announcing their kit is in development and it has almost exactly our design set.

What floors me is that they hunted me here on Renn, and solicited us to post over there where they could control it.
Not at all surprising, knowing the players. I'd say more than 'mildly unethical'; theft of intellectual property comes to mind. At least they'll be using an inferior supercharger in their install and their package will suffer for that.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:49 PM
mikey_audiogeek
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That's beyond foul. I hope Santa leaves a lump of coal in their stocking this year - or better still, diesel in their gas tank. Unbelievable.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:43 PM
968ls1
Racer

Just plain bad form-We all know who did the real R&D work and more importantly has honorable business ethics; sorry to hear you were mislead and plagiarized. Move on and leave those loser behind!!!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 197 Posts

Carl,
If you need a follow up test mule you can borrow mine.
Thanks,
Gregg
Old 12-08-2009, 08:56 PM
stolarzj
Burning Brakes

Actually guys before you jump on a certain members bandwagon here, you may want to do a little research on your own. Take a look into posts on the old 968.net from many years ago, and posts on the other 968 forum from years back and you will see the person that is being blasted was working on a similar design of a supercharger system that retains the A/C. It's also not like this is the first supercharger that has been designed for the 968, there have been a couple that have been out for years. I think you will also see soon enough that nobodies design has been ripped off, and you had been lead astray by a certain individual here.

Now if we could all put this stuff behind us perhaps there could be a little more harmony in the 968 community. This thread was for Carl to promote his supercharger, so why don't we try and leave the thread at it's intended purpose. Carl looks like he has a nice package for our car, so why don't we start talking about that? It isn't often that something new gets developed for our cars and Carl from the 928 community was nice enough to come over to our side to fill a gap, and this is what he gets shown from us? I'm sure he is now wishing he never left the 928 side of Rennlist to visit us here.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:26 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
The seller is CaptnCarl, wonder who that is?
Ah, duh Rolex! <----

Originally Posted by future
Sounds like your in the market for a 968 Rob.
I wish.

Duh Rolex # 2?

Old 12-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Originally Posted by stolarzj
Actually guys before you jump on a certain members bandwagon here, you may want to do a little research on your own. Take a look into posts on the old 968.net from many years ago, and posts on the other 968 forum from years back and you will see the person that is being blasted was working on a similar design of a supercharger system that retains the A/C. It's also not like this is the first supercharger that has been designed for the 968, there have been a couple that have been out for years. I think you will also see soon enough that nobodies design has been ripped off, and you had been lead astray by a certain individual here.

Now if we could all put this stuff behind us perhaps there could be a little more harmony in the 968 community. This thread was for Carl to promote his supercharger, so why don't we try and leave the thread at it's intended purpose. Carl looks like he has a nice package for our car, so why don't we start talking about that? It isn't often that something new gets developed for our cars and Carl from the 928 community was nice enough to come over to our side to fill a gap, and this is what he gets shown from us? I'm sure he is now wishing he never left the 928 side of Rennlist to visit us here.
Absurd argument. How is having his design stolen going to spur Carl to develop more products for 968s? Hopefully it won't do the exact opposite. They pm'd Carl here and asked him to post info on that site. (They hosed Turbo Tim before at SFR as well). Carl puts up all his info, they lock down the thread AND deny him access? Then, surprise, they offer a pirated system, after contacting Carl's supercharger source to end run him? (And Raptor told them to go to buzz off).

Then they close down access to a few people who post both here and there because they were disgusted by this behavoir and have the temerity to post it when it couldn't be edited. I love the way the site owner talked about giving those guys a 'time out.' And when he starts talking about libel that's when the real giggles come out-he's been threatening to sue me for years. Yawn.

Kumba yah, let's all just let that go and kiss and make up. And lose the 'certain members' gig. Did you see how many people here are outraged and disgusted by this? It's not just me and Raj. Thankfully John D made the decision to ban those two when they previously showed their true colors, along with the UK board as well.

Last edited by Damian in NJ; 12-08-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:35 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

backlog:

1. front end redo, raj was nice enough to help me with filling the parts menu all the way back to the cam chain...

2. rod bearings, a necessary precaution for my particular motor specimen.

3. belt retensioning.

4. anything that comes up-

5. supercharger. you guys on this forum. you all rock. good night.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:42 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

The Rennlist charter states that for a banned member to create a new account / username, they agree to pay a $5000 reinstatement fee. If any banned person is reading Rennlist, that is completely fine with me, but to send a PM one must register an account...
Old 12-09-2009, 08:27 AM
stolarzj
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FRporscheman
The Rennlist charter states that for a banned member to create a new account / username, they agree to pay a $5000 reinstatement fee. If any banned person is reading Rennlist, that is completely fine with me, but to send a PM one must register an account...
Only part of the dissimination here. There was no PM, it was a phone call to Carl.

Can we now get back on topic and quit this garbage?

Do we all nee to re-read the pinned post at the top of this forum?

Zero Tolerance In the Forums

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is now a zero-tolerance policy in effect for harassment and off-topic bickering in the Forums. It’s fine to “disagree”. It’s fine to debate. It is fine to argue in a mature manner.

It is NOT fine to cast third-party suspicions, as a 3rd party or competing supplier - calling a vendor “shady”, and/or slandering a supplier or person in any public forum. Rennlist is certainly no exception.

So – here is some advice… If you are thinking about posting a reply which you wonder “will John D. ban me for this?” – presume the answer is YES – and don’t post it.

If someone is harassing you in technical threads report them and never respond to them. If you participate even to defend yourself you are part of the problem and are just as guilty.

This is your only warning. If you participate in off-topic bickering, slander or harassment in the technical forums you will be banned from Rennlist.com

Let’s keep the Forums technical.

John D.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

And here is another John D posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash968
j....to the point of competitive product, collusion, association or collaboration, like many people here, i am involved in development of a lot of projects with a number of vendors, many of whom are sponsors of mine - it's the nature of the beast in the car game - however,....

John D's response below:

Until you contact me - you are banned.

I *do not* jump on your forums and represent "sponsors of mine". And no - I absolutely reject out of hand your statement "it's the nature of the beast in the car game". Bull$hit. You and I have an ethical difference in practice and principle.

FYI - I've been at "this game" (your words) a hell'uva a lot longer than you - running a Forum/site with over 50,000 registered on the Forums, over 250,000 site visitors a day - and another 82,000 on my e-mail list, which sends an average of over 10,000,000 redirected messages a day.

Have a nice evening. You can e-mail me at admin@rennlist.com

As for me - you fooled me once with your "9" publication. Shame on me.

Try to fool me twice - shame on you.

John D.

Bolds are mine.

Quick Reply: 968 Supercharger Kit Development