Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 05:02 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff33702
That was the point of my post. A seller marketing (saying race ready or adding livery stickers) is what people are chuckling about. As Tarek said, the car as a whole might not be that bad.
I think talk of the $80,000 wide body black Martini that sold a few months ago is overblown, that car fit a certain segment and has its audience thus why there were 2 or 3 serious all out bidders on that car- I don't think that car is even relevant, 964's that aren't good quality in the end usually don't do well even on BAT. Everyone buying these cars either way needs to understand i don't care how perfect it is you will need to spend money on it (unless say you buy & pay big $$ for a pristine premium fully sorted out example from someone like Holt as Lorenzoh pointed out also)

Most of my cars end up costing me an average of $8,000 - $10,000 in rehab before i take to market and i don't buy beaters, these are good acceptable cars when i buy them, and even after me spending that kind of money on them to bring them to clean above average driver quality status they still need little stuff done here and there and aren't perfect.
Old 06-21-2019, 05:07 PM
JesusFast
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts

Does my Friend fix small rust spot on car.. before he sells?

Old 06-21-2019, 05:18 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JesusFast
Does my Friend fix small rust spot on car.. before he sells?

absolutely! thats a must, you don't want to sell a car saying "has a rust spot"
Old 06-21-2019, 05:20 PM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 135 Posts

Like I said, the car has been for sale in Southern California by the same seller for a long time... I wonder why?
Old 06-21-2019, 05:51 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Here is my take on all of this. I help a lot of people with these cars. I have watched several local flippers flip these cars since values have gone up. Some do it right but most do it cheap. I hate to see the cheap fixes but a customer wants a quick Earl Scheib paint job to make it look pretty why should you turn down their money. It should be apparent that the work was done but people don't educate themselves and just look at the shinny paint and say wow. Although so many get taken by unscrupulous sellers and unfortunately it taints the industry for those who are more reputable. If the work is well documented and records retained it is one thing but most don't disclose that the paintwork was only 6 months old and not 6 years old and make no mention of it saying "to the best of my knowledge". Far too many of the flippers I meet are strictly in it for the quick buck and will do just about anything to make a sale. Present company excluded.
Old 06-21-2019, 06:05 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
Here is my take on all of this. I help a lot of people with these cars. I have watched several local flippers flip these cars since values have gone up. Some do it right but most do it cheap. I hate to see the cheap fixes but a customer wants a quick Earl Scheib paint job to make it look pretty why should you turn down their money. It should be apparent that the work was done but people don't educate themselves and just look at the shinny paint and say wow. Although so many get taken by unscrupulous sellers and unfortunately it taints the industry for those who are more reputable. If the work is well documented and records retained it is one thing but most don't disclose that the paintwork was only 6 months old and not 6 years old and make no mention of it saying "to the best of my knowledge". Far too many of the flippers I meet are strictly in it for the quick buck and will do just about anything to make a sale. Present company excluded.
Agreed, there are a couple of absolute turds being flipped rite now that were offered to me and i turned down, looks like one got sold to a guy on ebay actually 2 weeks ago and now he is trying to get out of it and has it on auto trader. in the end the cheap cars end up costing the most money- I'll tell you what though, that black C2 that just didn't sell on BAT is probably a great value for $50,000, if the seller wasn't so clueless or vague (did you see that paint meter video) he would have gotten way more money for it even with the "buyer beware" thread about it.
Old 06-21-2019, 06:13 PM
Dtronics
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Agreed, there are a couple of absolute turds being flipped rite now that were offered to me and i turned down, looks like one got sold to a guy on ebay actually 2 weeks ago and now he is trying to get out of it and has it on auto trader. in the end the cheap cars end up costing the most money- I'll tell you what though, that black C2 that just didn't sell on BAT is probably a great value for $50,000, if the seller wasn't so clueless or vague (did you see that paint meter video) he would have gotten way more money for it even with the "buyer beware" thread about it.
That paint meter video was an all time classic, I was dying. Your comment on BaT about it was spot on.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:23 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Dtronics
That paint meter video was an all time classic, I was dying. Your comment on BaT about it was spot on.
Yet he calls the car “fabulous” and I’m a whacko 🙄
Tells you a ton about what people thought about him as a seller that even with my buyer beware thread it still got bid to nearly $50k and was still RNM. It did exactly what I expected since he carried himself in the same clueless, nonchalant manner in which he delt with me and wasted my Fing time and money. That dude is a world class A hole.

@Tarek307 I’m sure he’s had lots of people contacting him after the RNM. If you could get that car for $50k, clean it up then run it on BAT as well as you have with other cars I’m sure you could make some money. But, I know he wants at least $55k. PM me if you want his contact info. I think you’d get a kick out of talking to him 😆
Old 06-21-2019, 07:55 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh
Yet he calls the car “fabulous” and I’m a whacko ��
Tells you a ton about what people thought about him as a seller that even with my buyer beware thread it still got bid to nearly $50k and was still RNM. It did exactly what I expected since he carried himself in the same clueless, nonchalant manner in which he delt with me and wasted my Fing time and money. That dude is a world class A hole.

@Tarek307 I’m sure he’s had lots of people contacting him after the RNM. If you could get that car for $50k, clean it up then run it on BAT as well as you have with other cars I’m sure you could make some money. But, I know he wants at least $55k. PM me if you want his contact info. I think you’d get a kick out of talking to him ��

He really had a chance, a good chance to bounce back from your thread and prove you wrong especially with the other commenters who saw the car, but he didn't , he still tried the "as to my knowledge" and then made that ridiculous paint meter video, i swear it looked like he was taking the pulse of patient not the measurements of the paint lol. Thx for the offer of the guys contact info, but the car is now jaded, vin number all over the internet and doubt surrounding the seller..not something i'd want to have to overcome when reselling it- I do think who ever gets it for 50-55 even will still be getting a deal (As long as there isn't major bondo on the car, which we can't be sure of since he never posted proper paint meter readings) by now i'd think a deal should be in progress from all the BAT exposure he got
Old 06-21-2019, 09:01 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
He really had a chance, a good chance to bounce back from your thread and prove you wrong especially with the other commenters who saw the car, but he didn't , he still tried the "as to my knowledge" and then made that ridiculous paint meter video, i swear it looked like he was taking the pulse of patient not the measurements of the paint lol. Thx for the offer of the guys contact info, but the car is now jaded, vin number all over the internet and doubt surrounding the seller..not something i'd want to have to overcome when reselling it- I do think who ever gets it for 50-55 even will still be getting a deal (As long as there isn't major bondo on the car, which we can't be sure of since he never posted proper paint meter readings) by now i'd think a deal should be in progress from all the BAT exposure he got
Didn’t think about that part lol
Old 06-26-2019, 01:13 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Couple of new ones on PP...

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...4-c2-mint.html

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...pe-manual.html
Old 06-26-2019, 01:43 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I saw the word 'mint' in that URL and got excited for a second. D'oh!

As an aside, I have a lead on a ROW slate gray car with black interior and factory sports seats. Japanese. 56k miles. 100% original paint/metered. 17" Cup 1s... $80k. Let me know if you're interested.
My slate gray car won't be for sale for at least 6-12 months, if at all, so just passing this on for a friend.

Old 06-26-2019, 01:59 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Ha. I saw mint in the title on pelican as well.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:42 PM
sunlion
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it safe to post a car for sale here?
Old 06-26-2019, 07:47 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by sunlion
Is it safe to post a car for sale here?
I don't see why not unless the rules dictate that you must be a member