Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 03:56 PM
Steven Kraft
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still trying to drum up some interest in my bosses RSA. I'm going to talk him into letting me take it up to Rennsport Reunion next month as I think that would probably help get it some real world exposure. I think he is more open to taking reasonable offers though, the car is still listed for $95K but have only seen a hand full of tire kickers. Spread the word for me if you hear of anyone interested. Thanks gents!

Old 08-21-2018, 04:07 PM
997Pilot
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Kraft
Still trying to drum up some interest in my bosses RSA. I'm going to talk him into letting me take it up to Rennsport Reunion next month as I think that would probably help get it some real world exposure. I think he is more open to taking reasonable offers though, the car is still listed for $95K but have only seen a hand full of tire kickers. Spread the word for me if you hear of anyone interested. Thanks gents!
no offense but at $95,000 for this car, you’re lucky to even be seeing tire kickers.
I never understand sellers sometimes , if you’ve had it at this price for months, wouldn’t that give you a clue it’s not priced correctly?
Old 08-21-2018, 04:15 PM
Steven Kraft
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 997Pilot
no offense but at $95,000 for this car, you’re lucky to even be seeing tire kickers.
I never understand , if you’ve had it at this price for months, wouldn’t that give you a clue it’s not priced correctly?
I realize it's not priced to every personal budget but then again there is the point of supply and demand to be made. Even if one speculates the price isn't inline with the current market there will always be a buyer willing to pay the premium for the specific car that they are looking for. The price isn't set in stone, this is just what he would like to get, as I said previously he is open to reasonable offers. It's only been on the market for around 2 months, it's not like he's in a jam to offload it, he just can't really drive it anymore due to physical restrictions. If it doesn't sell it'll just sit in the back of the shop until the right buyer comes along.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:19 PM
964TURBOCHAS
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

Steven your RS is beautiful.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:25 PM
Steven Kraft
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 964TURBOCHAS
Steven your RS is beautiful.
Thank you! I'll relay that sentiment to the owner! Less then 1,000 miles on a Jerry Wood engine refresh/reseal. Drives beautifully, pulls strong, and certainly looks the part.

In addition to the previous response above, as long as businesses like Singer and private racers and hot rodders continue to eat up the 964 market for donors the only place for value of the "leftovers", especially stock well presented examples regardless of mileage, is to go up as supply dwindles.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:04 PM
964TURBOCHAS
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

A few months back I looked into the two RS cars that Holt had

They were also both in the high 90's low 100's, and have since both sold. I think white looks best on the RS.

Good luck with the sale
Old 08-21-2018, 07:41 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Originally Posted by nathan1
Yes, that was a carI listed but it was a car I was selling on behalf of a customer (consignment) and he wanted to sell the car mostly as is (we made some small changes). If I would have owned the car I would have approached the sale slightly different, but ultimately it was his decision to make. With that said, I was willing to sell it as the owner gave me free reign to honestly represent the car and give a fair pro's and con's list to any potential buyer. My preference is to sell closer to perfect cars, but I am ok to sell less than perfect cars IF I can honestly disclose what is wrong and they are HONEST cars. Imperfect but honestly represented cars are ok in my book, whats NOT ok are the vast array of Porsche's being sold in the marketplace being represented as nice and good cars that simply aren't. Drives me crazy!

Good news is the car sold shortly after the BaT auction closed for a fair price for both the buyer and the seller.

That clarifies a lot and makes perfect sense. The car was worth more than the $57k no doubt. I hope the new owner is happy.

I agree far to many cars with undisclosed accident, mile discrepancy and poor paintwork being passed off as original. It is hurting the market and far too many group the good with the bad and try to drag the market down so they can buy cheap.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:07 PM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 106 Posts

Anyone know if this is the same car that was on eBay a couple years ago with 993 front fenders/headlights? Just curious. Same wheels and similar specs IIRC.

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
OMG, look at this one....1991 Porsche 911 Turbo Hotrod

Old 08-22-2018, 07:48 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Originally Posted by tjb616
Anyone know if this is the same car that was on eBay a couple years ago with 993 front fenders/headlights? Just curious. Same wheels and similar specs IIRC.

I believe the one you are thinking of was a 94 3.6T that was owned by a lister about 7 years ago. This is a 3.3l. Nice build but I wouldn't drive this on the street with all the safety eq removed and a roll cage even though it is wrapped in alcantera
Old 08-22-2018, 10:13 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Kraft

Your RS-A is a beautiful car. If memory is correct, mileage is in the 90s. There have been and are a handful with mileage in the 50s-60s priced at or below yours. Price yours at $79k and it'll sell quickly; price it in the $80s and wait longer.

If you really want to test the market, put it on BaT and you'll get a good, fair read.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:31 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Your RS-A is a beautiful car. If memory is correct, mileage is in the 90s. There have been and are a handful with mileage in the 50s-60s priced at or below yours. Price yours at $79k and it'll sell quickly; price it in the $80s and wait longer.

If you really want to test the market, put it on BaT and you'll get a good, fair read.
I’ve personally seen several nice coupes with mileage in the 45 - 60k range selling in the high 70’s to low 80’s depending on cosmetic and mechanical condition. I would think an RS will bring in more than that relatively easily, even with higher miles unless I’m missing something.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:03 AM
HDA
Three Wheelin'

Received 177 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue

I’ve personally seen several nice coupes with mileage in the 45 - 60k range selling in the high 70’s to low 80’s depending on cosmetic and mechanical condition. I would think an RS will bring in more than that relatively easily, even with higher miles unless I’m missing something.
I never was attracted to the RSA because I always considered them a "fake RS".
I'd rather have a clean C2 than an RSA. I understand they were limited in production numbers, but to me the value between the 2 would be close.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:00 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

Back in 1993, Porsche was not doing as well as today. The RS America wasn't produced as an American RS alternative to the Euro RS, to the contrary, the car was introduced as a stripped down version of the 964 C2 with an MSRP less than the regular C2. Porsche needed to sell cars. The low production might make the car more rare and maybe worth more money, but that is for the public to decide.

I had a US Carrera Cup, and it was more like the Euro RS. This cars were rarer and had an MSRP last higher than the regular C2 in 1992. I hated that many people compared them to an RS America. They weren't similar except they shared the same body shell, and the RS America was not seam welded.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:00 PM
erikerik
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 42 Posts

The RSA gets a bad wrap for not being a "true" RS and not having a LWFW, Blueprinted motor and seam welded frame... But they are still very special cars and really fun to drive.

Lets not forget the RS America had a M030 sports suspension and power steering delete which together with the lighter weight made the car handle better. The interior had RS door cards/rear seat delete and Fabric sport seats all contribute to why the RSA has its own appeal. If you were to add these options to a basic C2 you are looking at well over $10K in parts.

a euro RS is around 250-350K USD... a nice RSA would be around 90-120K.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:12 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue

I have seen very very nice examples of later 964's offered in that price range but not really selling there. I have seen some even nicer ones, well documented sell in that price range.
The market has spoken on this RSA. Its not a $95k car in this market. Its not all original, its had paint work and its been modified. Yes its a nice car but its not commanding $90's range anymore.

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale