Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 03:33 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 997Pilot
BAT doesn’t change listings and if they do they note that and also leave a comment , the listing on that car was original, you are wrong and really fishing here

What is your end game exactly? Trying to run off a quality forum member and seller?

@tarek307 I think you’ve said enough and shouldn’t respond any longer, everyone knows you do your best to disclose as much information about the cars you sell, you don’t need to sink to Trader or Lorenzohs level, they will just keep picking at you.

Mods should step in and put an end to this.
My apologies to all the regulars here, it was not my intention to hijack the tread or have this play out the way it has. Sorry if my initial post was interpreted as hostile. My bad.

I have said many times Tarek is a great seller and will continue with that sentiment.

I didn't initiate the childish insults, nore was I the one who even brought up the BAT listing. I am not even sure if the one he posted was the car in question. None of it is really that important.

I didn't appreciate the name calling and posturing, or the PM's. That's all

Let's get back to the 964 markets.

We can burry the hatchets. (In the ground LoL)

I enjoy this forum, I think we all do and it's been very helpful to many people.

Regards

Trader220
Old 05-30-2019, 05:19 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 997Pilot
BAT doesn’t change listings and if they do they note that and also leave a comment , the listing on that car was original, you are wrong and really fishing here

What is your end game exactly? Trying to run off a quality forum member and seller?

@tarek307 I think you’ve said enough and shouldn’t respond any longer, everyone knows you do your best to disclose as much information about the cars you sell, you don’t need to sink to Trader or Lorenzohs level, they will just keep picking at you.

Mods should step in and put an end to this.
You're right, for once I agree with you. The mods should step in and put an end to this and by doing so, ban anyone who is using this forum to further their business while not paying the appropriate fees and skirting the rules outlined in the TOS. Tarek responding here in his usual aggressive childish manner while wearing his dealer hat is a clear conflict of interest and should be dealt with accordingly.
Old 05-30-2019, 05:31 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh
You're right, for once I agree with you. The mods should step in and put an end to this and by doing so, ban anyone who is using this forum to further their business while not paying the appropriate fees and skirting the rules outlined in the TOS. Tarek responding here in his usual aggressive childish manner while wearing his dealer hat is a clear conflict of interest and should be dealt with accordingly.
Lorenzoh do you work for IB (Internet Brands)? Honestly I don’t understand why you want to drive Tarek off of the forum. He doesn’t actively advertise his cars here and his responses are only to protect his reputation. Yeah he can be a bit harsh with some of his replies but overall he’s not doing anything that technically goes against forum rules. There’s plenty of other dealers that post here on a regular basis and I see their cars get posted by members on occasion too.

Dealers have a ton of knowledge they can impart to the average owner, they know people in the industry and they experience things on a much broader level. Tarek and others are a huge benefit as they share their knowledge, why drive them off?

Last edited by Marine Blue; 05-30-2019 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-30-2019, 05:57 PM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts

Besides, the mods here are only interested in the off topic forum where they can make sure only the rightest of right wing views are allowed. Whatev.
People come here to learn about 964s and to possibly buy one. Tarek has them, always nice and well represented; if someone has a beef with him, this really isn't the place to air it. If you want to be the forum police take it up with IB, I will be stunned if you get any response at all-they don't care. Frankly, neither should you.
Lorenzoh seems to have a few hot button issues and strong opinions, so do I, but I try to keep them to myself and be a net plus here not a negative. One thing that always makes me chuckle is the statement where a guy says he wouldn't buy it-when he isn't a buyer anyway.

Bottom line, they are used cars: Caveat Emptor.

Now, back to regularly scheduled programming.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:01 PM
997Pilot
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

I haven’t seen Tarek advertise his cars here, if anything he contributes to the forum and helps members out if he has an answer to their questions.

Only responses that have involved him speaking about his business are responses to allegations made by yourself or trader220.

what have you contributed? You are talking about contribution when you are not even a paying member, which neither am I but I don’t go around criticizing people and being a bully.

Countless members have complained of your bullying. If anything you should be the one banned as you were banned from BAT.

The question again is why try to harass a member like tarek307 and drive them off the forum? It almost seems personal.

I’m still surprised the mods have not stepped in.

Old 05-30-2019, 06:05 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Please see my comments embedded below. I've kept it brief as I don't feel the need to continue this and I'm sure the membership is fed up reading it.

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Lorenzoh do you work for IB (Internet Brands)?
No, I don't, and have no affiliation with IB.

Honestly I don’t understand why you want to drive Tarek off of the forum. He doesn’t actively advertise his cars here and his responses are only to protect his reputation.
I hold car dealers to a higher level of professionalism than he displays here and on BAT on a regular basis. His comments as a dealer are childish, thin skinned and infantile.

Dealers have a ton of knowledge they can impart to the average owner, they know people in the industry and they experience things on a much broader level. Tarek and others are a huge benefit as they share their knowledge, why drive them off so IB can have some financial gain?
I agree, many dealers that post here bring a wealth of knowledge as do many users like you and Cobalt just to name a few. Tarek parrots what he reads here and IMO provides zero to the database of knowledge. Again, just my opinion with no personal attacks.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:07 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Back on topic. A solid driver just popped up on BAT.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...11-carrera-18/
Old 05-30-2019, 06:12 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT

Back on topic. A solid driver just popped up on BAT.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...11-carrera-18/
LOL - someone here a looooong time ago (and I'm sure the analogy has been used many many times elsewhere) likened Rennlist to a bar full of guys having beers and a good time. Well, that's pretty accurate...except not everyone gets along in a bar and fights do break out. Just saying...

That black car from 911r looks and sounds amazing. Now that is a dealer who knows how to market and get top $ for their cars.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:17 PM
stutt911
Banned

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

I agree, many dealers that post here bring a wealth of knowledge as do many users like you and Cobalt just to name a few. Tarek parrots what he reads here and IMO provides zero to the database of knowledge. Again, just my opinion with no personal attacks.
You are off your meds again? Do you really believe someone who has had and dealt with as many 964 especially as Terek has, just “repeats what he hears here” and doesn’t contribute?

I think every time you start with your attacks on Terek all you do is bring out more members that talk positively about him and it ends up turning into good positive reviews for him which surely infuriates you.

I agree with marineblue and 997pilot, these attacks seem personal and stem out of spite or jealousy.

Im frankly surprised you haven’t been banned after all the members complaints about you Lorenzoh.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:28 PM
Trapperbay
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 911r BAT car has a 1990 VIN but the engine cover latch is from a late 91 & later. Or do I have it reversed?
Old 05-30-2019, 09:12 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

Been coming to this thread for years,... not because I'm a buyer, but just to see all the links everyone would post up,.. and keep tabs on the market. It's fun, and I enjoy looking at cars for sale.

But I think I'm gonna mute this thread for a while. Let you guys cool off. It's no fun to see/read all the BS banter back&forth. No one cares about he-said/she-said. And if one of us really IS a buyer, we ALL know that person will / should do their own diligence before parting with their money. The "ol saying applies too: a fool & his money are soon parted".

Anyway,... I promised myself I would NOT post up (saying what crap all those posts are), unless I actually had something to "contribute".

So here's one in my neighborhood.... seems like a decent price even though it's a Tip,... it's listed in two places (used car dealer site, and craigslist)....

Silver C2 Coupe asking $47K with 95k miles.
VIN # WP0AB2965PS420109

https://www.kargarmotors.com/used-19...20110/vd/98490

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...900717902.html

peace out. see ya guys in a month or 2.
=Steve
Old 05-30-2019, 09:28 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,790 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Wow, this thread took a turn for the more dramatic.

And the battle of the tire kickers continues!

Originally Posted by chsu74
LOL. Buy any 30 yr old car with eyes wide open no matter from who and budget at least 10% of purchase price to sort the car out after taking possession. No one is doing this as a non profit org.
I must be doing it wrong. 10%? Lol and I buy clean cars! One day I'll post receipts for my current 3 cars, it may scare small children.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:54 PM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 135 Posts

Hahaha, agreed. Granted I got my car in 2012 but I'm well over 100%, LOL!!!
Old 05-31-2019, 03:16 AM
stutt911
Banned

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

too good to be true? Any information on this car?
Old 05-31-2019, 03:27 AM
BLACK3.2
Pro

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by stutt911
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

too good to be true? Any information on this car?
It's a low mileage 1990 that probably hasn't had a rebuild to address the gasket issue.

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale