Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 09:07 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,153 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Originally Posted by Mixter
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911...Na6P6p&vxp=mtr

Wow! Hard to believe this is a Canadian Turbo S Package Car. But it does have the C36 country code and is stated on the CoA. Canadian 964's typically have the speedo in kilometres; however, this one has it in miles? Wonder if it was changed when brought to the US?

This is one of the two Canadian delivered Package cars

http://www.flachbau.com/package/480408-2/

It would not carry the vin stickers on all the panels that the US cars received. I would definitely look into the speedo and documentation associated with it being changed. Also the front splitters appear to be painted which would not be original.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:37 PM
MA135
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MA135
First, thanks for all the great info on this forum.

I am trying to decide if I should sell my 964. Sale is to pursue another car as financially and space wise I cannot have two 911's. Potential car would be a new Carerra T(I know what am I thinking selling an air cooled car for new) So either talk me off the ledge of selling it, or maybe talk me into in because you want to buy it. Here is a few pictures and info about my car. Let me know what you guys think it might bring price wise. I have trying to follow recent sales on here and other places to gauge prices, but thought you guys might have some further insight.

1991 C2 5 speed (Late year production run so it had the factory head gaskets), I am the second owner
85,000 miles
Color is Black with Beige interior
Car has sunroof and no other options from factory

In the spirit of full disclosure, this car is a driver, not a show car nor investment grade vehicle. However it is a very nice driver, I am extremely picky and meticulous and would not have bought this car if it was rough. I will disclose everything I know about the car, if I decide to sell, everything I know will be disclosed. Previous owner did some DE events with this car as disclosed to me upon my purchase, as some point the car did have roll bar installed and fire extinguisher. Both have been removed and the only evidence is underneath the car where you can see the holes that are patched for the roll bar.

Car has clean carfax, no evidence of any damage. Car underwent a thorough PPI at my time of purchase 1 year ago, he noted no signs of any damage to the car. Compression and leak down test were very good and I am happy to provide my PPI to interested parties if car becomes officially for sale. Engine pulls very strong. The only question that will come up is, hood was resprayed at some point during previous owners time. The hood sticker was reapplied as there is adhesive residue, but unfortunately the sticker came loose and was discarded but previous owner.

Car has partial service records. First owner went through several moves in which he unfortunately lost some of the records. So I have what he had, which to me amounts to about half to 3/4 of what he did. I have every receipt for everything I've done in my year of ownership.

Car is mostly stock other than what follows:
Fitted with Cup 1 wheels (unfortunately the D90's that were original did not come with the car)
Porsche 964 Series Cup Car Suspension from the Euro RS cars, I have receipt for this and install evidence by a reputable shop in New Jersey in late 90's.
3rd, 4th, and 5th gears have been shortened
Lightweight flywheel
Quaife LSD
Steve Wong Chip recently installed by me(programmed for primary muffler bypass and lightweight flywheel)
FVD primary muffler bypass pipe(I have original stock muffler)
Car had G-pipe setup when I bought it, I have retained that in case that is to next owners taste vs primary bypass.
Stock airbox was removed and replaced by cone filter by previous owner.(Let the debate on that one rage on)

Paint on the car is original except: Hood resprayed(could use another respray to be perfect), also just above the left rear wheel there was some touch up work done. You can see it up close but not from any further than 5-10 feet away. I would call the paint 7 or 8 out 10. If you wanted the paint to be near perfect, a hood respray and blend in of the area above wheel by good paint shop would be needed. I drive the car so I have personally elected to leave those two areas alone for now.

Interior is in excellent condition, I just purchased a brand new set of Coco mats as seen in the picture below. Has older aftermarket Alpine CD player installed by previous owner.

Car comes with factory manual, tool kit and air compressor.

As part of the partial service records, the only gap was when the last valve adjustment/15k service was done. Valves are however very quiet, but I will have the 15k service done soon and prior to any sale to have a baseline and offer the vehicle in good faith. No known engine issues, has very small trace amounts of oil around chain boxes that you tend to see on all these cars. New cap/rotor, plugs, brake fluid, battery, door window switch done 1 year ago.

Here are some pictures, let me know what you guys think. I would of course post many more detailed pictures if car officially becomes for sale. Thanks!

Hey everyone. First thanks for the nice responses to my car back in January when I originally posted this. Ultimately back in January I decided to keep the car. However life happens and some circumstances have changed that force the sale of the car. I know you need to be a paying member to post a car for sale, I will be advertising it in other spots, but given all the positive feedback and offers I got back then, I just wanted to let you all know the car is up for sale. I'd rather sell to fellow enthusiasts such as yourselves. PM if interested. Thanks!
Old 05-07-2018, 05:28 PM
afshinbahrami
Advanced

Hey everyone. First thanks for the nice responses to my car back in January when I originally posted this. Ultimately back in January I decided to keep the car. However life happens and some circumstances have changed that force the sale of the car. I know you need to be a paying member to post a car for sale, I will be advertising it in other spots, but given all the positive feedback and offers I got back then, I just wanted to let you all know the car is up for sale. I'd rather sell to fellow enthusiasts such as yourselves. PM if interested. Thanks!
nice looking car ! good luck with the sale! if I hadn't just bought one, i'd buy this car. for fella rennlister, i have known this seller to be a very honest individual.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:31 PM
MA135
Intermediate

Originally Posted by afshinbahrami
nice looking car ! good luck with the sale! if I hadn't just bought one, i'd buy this car. for fella rennlister, i have known this seller to be a very honest individual.
Thank you sir!
Old 05-07-2018, 05:38 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 362 Posts

I second these sentiments. Very nice looking car..!! If I did not already own a 964, I would be all over this one. Please PM me your price as have a friend that can potentially be interested but he is not on Rennlist. Good luck with sale.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:55 PM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Received 401 Likes on 276 Posts

Interested....although I have a C4 in PPI right now. Still, would prefer C2.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:37 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 980 Likes on 640 Posts

PM'd.
Thanks.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:11 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

Anyone know this car? https://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-Porsch...Ba74eN&vxp=mtr
Old 05-07-2018, 10:46 PM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Received 401 Likes on 276 Posts

Really nice
Old 05-07-2018, 11:25 PM
mwest3224
Intermediate

PM’d “again”
Old 05-08-2018, 12:16 AM
creaturecat
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

the membership is 18 lousy bucks. jeez.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:29 AM
MA135
Intermediate

Originally Posted by creaturecat
the membership is 18 lousy bucks. jeez.
I just became a paying member and was planning on it so I could do an official post in the for sale section. I was simply informing the thread it was coming and was trying to avoid the backlash about being a paying member when I wrote that. Thanks!
Old 05-08-2018, 12:40 AM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I just became a paying member and was planning on it so I could do an official post in the for sale section. I was simply informing the thread it was coming and was trying to avoid the backlash about being a paying member when I wrote that. Thanks!
thanks and good luck with the sale. Re membership, don’t sweat it, clearly your intentions were genuine and there’s always one jerk in the bunch who likes to play forum cop.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:13 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Years ago I would have jumped in on encouraging the membership but with all the crap advertising that has taken over this site I really don’t care. GLWS, obviously there are a few potential buyers lined up!
Old 05-08-2018, 10:54 AM
afshinbahrami
Advanced

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh

thanks and good luck with the sale. Re membership, don’t sweat it, clearly your intentions were genuine and there’s always one jerk in the bunch who likes to play forum cop.
thats hilarious Lorenzoh !!!! straight out of "better off dead" ,,,,, "two dollars!!!!! I want my two dollars!!!!"

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale