Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 07:00 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxman
Polar Silver C4 with 118K miles located in NJ for $49,800. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...che-964-a.html

I briefly met the owner and drove this car last Spring. The car has had lots of work done, and drives very nicely. At $49,800 the car is an excellent value IMHO.
I'll be shocked if the cars not sold by Monday. I agree that looks to be good value.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:49 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 67 Posts

I’m on the hunt for a clean black on black 964 but this made me almost think it. Great price for what you get....
Old 10-07-2017, 11:21 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,329 Posts

Originally Posted by Trader220
I'll be shocked if the cars not sold by Monday. I agree that looks to be good value.
Doesn't look like it made it to Sunday.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:32 AM
Brig993
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

It did not sell. Seller had a change of heart and it’s no longer for sale.

Originally Posted by cobalt
Doesn't look like it made it to Sunday.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:38 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Brig993
It did not sell. Seller had a change of heart and it’s no longer for sale.
Overwhelming response at that price. Figured he underpriced it???
Old 10-07-2017, 11:44 AM
Talat
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

As I said I don't know ROW cars all that well but I believe they had the production plate mounted inside the frunk. Needs a PPI as all cars do no doubt.
Looks like a Japanese import so depending upon how it was originally exported it may not have the hood sticker also. I remember a Rubystone car coming up for sale in Japan a few months back - could be the same one. There was a Signal Green one available also.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Brig993
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

I’m sure that was true about the overwhelming response...apparently his family didn’t want him to sell it. Seller is a stand up guy no reason not to believe him.

Overwhelming response at that price. Figured he underpriced it???
Old 10-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,834 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Originally Posted by Talat
Looks like a Japanese import so depending upon how it was originally exported it may not have the hood sticker also. I remember a Rubystone car coming up for sale in Japan a few months back - could be the same one. There was a Signal Green one available also.
Auto kennel got a couple Japanese imports. I looked at the service records for one of them (my wife translated them) and the service and maintenance was METICULOUS. I've yet to see a car from Japan that is anything but near perfect, including a GT2 993 that another member here imported.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:50 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Auto kennel got a couple Japanese imports. I looked at the service records for one of them (my wife translated them) and the service and maintenance was METICULOUS. I've yet to see a car from Japan that is anything but near perfect, including a GT2 993 that another member here imported.
I have been curious about the cars coming from Japan and their overall condition and history. Is Japan rigorous with their inspections and overall over the road requirements for cars? I also wonder if other brands have similar meticulous history and are in very good condition. At some point I would love to chase down a W201 EVO and I seem them pop up on occasion in Japan.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:25 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,834 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
I have been curious about the cars coming from Japan and their overall condition and history. Is Japan rigorous with their inspections and overall over the road requirements for cars? I also wonder if other brands have similar meticulous history and are in very good condition. At some point I would love to chase down a W201 EVO and I seem them pop up on occasion in Japan.
I think it's both cultural and regulatory. My experience is owners of 'special' cars in Japan really treasure them and take care of them. Also, they are generally meticulous about documentation. You should see the level of detail they do for annual inspections. It makes what I experienced living in MA or smog checks in CA a joke.

Additionally, there is a substantial inspection required where they basically check every single component on a car every couple years. Called "Shaken" Its very thorough, and the documentation you get is pretty intense (at lease ones I've seen of cars from japan are). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor-...pection_(Japan)

I've spent a lot of time in japan and one thing you'll notice there, cars are in REALLY good condition, even old cars. You don't see banged up cars on the road at all. Its crazy.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:16 AM
LISsailor
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 87 Posts

Any opinions on this car for sale?
https://www.luxsport.com/1990-porsch...ra-4-c-284.htm

What do the rennlist gurus say? How is Lux Sport reputation? Yelp reviews are lackluster.

Do prices subside over winter like all other models or not much fluctuation. Not in a rush to buy and trying to find a clean driver for weekends. I am ok paying a small premium for a car that is sorted. Thanks for any help!
Old 10-10-2017, 09:34 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LISsailor

What do the rennlist gurus say? How is Lux Sport reputation? Yelp reviews are lackluster.

Do prices subside over winter like all other models or not much fluctuation. Not in a rush to buy and trying to find a clean driver for weekends. I am ok paying a small premium for a car that is sorted. Thanks for any help!
I will let others chime in about Lux Sport. Although just looking at the pictures the car is clearly in rough condition. Hard to say if miles are accurate. Although one picture shows a badly worn engine sound deadening and another it has been replaced. There appears to be paintwork, at least the door jams show what appear to be tape lines. The wheels and paint are not all that great and interior is also rough. Missing carpet, Old radar detector install (most likely useless).

There were a ton of cabs made and don't command as much as a coupe but a god clean example of any model will command a premium. I would think you would be dumping quite a bit more into this car to get it to where you want. If you go this direction have a thorough PPI done.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:42 AM
Trader220
Race Car

Originally Posted by LISsailor

Use the search function here on Rennlist or on Pelican and you'll find all you need to know about Luxsport.

I would go into it further but my PM mail box would soon be filled with threatening messages from Lance at Lux.

Official Disclaimer: I am not saying you can't buy a car from them. I am saying you better go see it in person and get a PPI done and not at a shop they recommend. Try someone further away. There is nothing so special about that car which would make me not keep looking for another from somewhere else.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:57 AM
Trader220
Race Car

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-Porsche...hZAZPx&vxp=mtr

Looks really cheap for a 94 3.6 Turbo ?

What don't we know about this car?
Old 10-10-2017, 12:22 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Trader220
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-Porsche...hZAZPx&vxp=mtr

Looks really cheap for a 94 3.6 Turbo ?

What don't we know about this car?
It seems to be priced appropriately.

I have not seen the car in person but they have a tendency to be realistic about pricing their cars unless it is on consignment and the owner is being unrealistic.

I can take a look at it if anyone is interested. Considering the miles and overall condition it looks like a nice driver for $180k. If this had half the miles and was in better condition I would expect it to bring a considerable amount more.

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale