Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 11:04 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyinTomato
It's funny this cross country trip kind of felt like the car completed its mission for me. we will see how things turn out. If I can keep the car. I will keep it. and onto the next stage of this project. The fun has been able to keep it running top shape and still being a project.
There's a bond that forms with these cars (and the people who drive them). Looks like you are facing lots of decisions given you just moved across country... that makes it even more important to hold onto this car. You've taken the car to another level and you know it inside and out. Having just moved across the country, you now have miles and miles of new roads, places and people to discover. Get out and meet people in the 964. Plus, when days seem to suck, driving a 964 makes it a hell of a lot better.

Hope you can keep it.

Originally Posted by Cadrega
...I really envy those who can keep a par for 10 years. Do I have a problem?
No, problem. There are a lot of interesting things in life, so it's easy to move on to other cars or projects. That said, I've recently passed the 10 year mark and couldn't think of owning anything else. I love every drive in the thing, it makes you so present in the moment.

Plus, the 964 is in such a sweet spot. It provides such a solid 911 feeling, so you really don't need another 911 (old and new). I also love the size of the car, everything else just seems so huge. Lastly it's special in a way an M3 will never be, but not over the top flashy.

Looks like I'm keeping this one forever...

Last edited by 911Jetta; 10-19-2017 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:24 PM
greens
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems completely legit. Don't everyone rush the seller all at once.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lg...352278015.html
Old 10-19-2017, 12:32 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,120 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Originally Posted by greens

WOW If they at least added a zero someone might be stupid enough to respond but $22,000

I believe the actual seller is asking someplace in the $900k range.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:55 PM
DoninDen
Three Wheelin'

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Has a Mississippi area code and his car is in LA. Clearly can't use it and just wants it gone at any price!

Originally Posted by greens

Old 10-19-2017, 01:03 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...he-964-c4.html

No affiliation
Old 10-19-2017, 01:26 PM
jpar
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cobalt
WOW If they at least added a zero someone might be stupid enough to respond but $22,000

I believe the actual seller is asking someplace in the $900k range.
Originally Posted by DoninDen
Has a Mississippi area code and his car is in LA. Clearly can't use it and just wants it gone at any price!
Joke's on you guys, I just wired the money to his bank in Nigeria, I should have the car sometime next week. Should I have gotten a ppi first?
Old 10-19-2017, 01:56 PM
laranja
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jpar
Joke's on you guys, I just wired the money to his bank in Nigeria, I should have the car sometime next week. Should I have gotten a ppi first?
Between this and the RWB sarcasm, this is the best forum. Cracks me up every day.

Old 10-19-2017, 02:12 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
I don't know the car or the owner I believe however the car was maintained by two reputable shops I know both well and it appears a lot of money and goodies going to the right buyer. My only negative comment was for that much effort why not a complete windows out respray.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:26 PM
993PET
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't know the car or the owner I believe however the car was maintained by two reputable shops I know both well and it appears a lot of money and goodies going to the right buyer. My only negative comment was for that much effort why not a complete windows out respray.
I agree, the extra effort and cost to remove the glass prior to the respray is not worth skimping on and degrades the final result. I pulled everything off my '83 SC prior to sending it off for respray.

JF
Old 10-19-2017, 06:55 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

My only negative comment was for that much effort why not a complete windows out respray.
I wondered the same given the time and $$ spent on the car, window out would have added only a fraction to the overall cost. Nice 964 though.

Tiptronic Barneymobile in Quebec... http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...t-metalic.html
Old 10-19-2017, 07:07 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 550 Likes on 401 Posts

This is the car that was listed two weeks ago for $49,800. See post #3352. Seller reportedly had a change of heart...

Polar Silver C4 with 118K miles located in NJ for $49,800. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...che-964-a.html

I drove to Hartford last summer to trade my 993 C2S for this car. The seller had a change of heart then too. Be forewarned.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:11 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Foxman
This is the car that was listed two weeks ago for $49,800. See post #3352. Seller reportedly had a change of heart...

Polar Silver C4 with 118K miles located in NJ for $49,800. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...che-964-a.html

I drove to Hartford last summer to trade my 993 C2S for this car. The seller had a change of heart then too. Be forewarned.
Now I remember. Thanks for that. I am surprised I don't know this car, or maybe I do. I usually know all the 964's in the area especially if they are PCA members.

Edit: I was informed I did meet the owner and have seen the car. I guess I would have sellers remorse as well. I keep toying with the idea of selling some of mine but I just don't know how to go about it.

Although looks like the 04 cayenne turbo is ready for a new home.

Last edited by cobalt; 10-19-2017 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:41 PM
911CNJ
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi, all.

My name is Raj Debah and I'm the owner of that 964 which is posted on Pelican. I'm posting to clear up some comments about my car. So if you're considering buying then please feel free to PM me or call PowerTech and Dan Jacobs. Speak to Mike or Keith at PowerTech about me and my car(s). They will give you some insight about this car and its maintenance history. FYI, I've also posted a few receipt pics in my sales thread.

About Jim Fox's remarks. Jim, I didn't say anything about your 993 which you tried to dump onto me. So I kindly urge you not to make comments about me or my car. Forget that we ever meet.

Cobalt, I've meet you once or twice at a PCA autocross. About the paint job, I wanted to do a glass out job, but the shop said that it would be a waste of money. The car only needed the front and rear bumpers painted but I went a bit further. Maybe I should have went all the way. The paint was done at a reputable shop in MA and I can provide their contact information if anyone has a technical questions.

If you live in the Tri-State area and you're looking for 964. Then please contact me, to see the car in person. If you just want to do Bear Mt run please PM and lets have fun. I have a few air-cooled buddies always willing to join.

Thank you all.

Last edited by 911CNJ; 10-19-2017 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:43 AM
Paolo1
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by 964TURBOCHAS
I just purchased this 1990 C2 with just over 30k miles.
Im ditching the speediness for some OEM Cup 1 wheels and lowering to ROW ride height.
Your new car is spectacular. Until now I thought I was only drawn to black cars with black interiors. What is the official name of that blue? Just lovely. Congrats.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:32 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911CNJ
Hi, all.

My name is Raj Debah and I'm the owner of that 964 which is posted on Pelican. I'm posting to clear up some comments about my car. So if you're considering buying then please feel free to PM me or call PowerTech and Dan Jacobs. Speak to Mike or Keith at PowerTech about me and my car(s). They will give you some insight about this car and its maintenance history. FYI, I've also posted a few receipt pics in my sales thread.

About Jim Fox's remarks. Jim, I didn't say anything about your 993 which you tried to dump onto me. So I kindly urge you not to make comments about me or my car. Forget that we ever meet.

Cobalt, I've meet you once or twice at a PCA autocross. About the paint job, I wanted to do a glass out job, but the shop said that it would be a waste of money. The car only needed the front and rear bumpers painted but I went a bit further. Maybe I should have went all the way. The paint was done at a reputable shop in MA and I can provide their contact information if anyone has a technical questions.

If you live in the Tri-State area and you're looking for 964. Then please contact me, to see the car in person. If you just want to do Bear Mt run please PM and lets have fun. I have a few air-cooled buddies always willing to join.

Thank you all.
I do recall meeting you Raj. I get forgetful sometimes meeting so many Porsche owners. After all we have well over 2000 PCA members in NNJR. I recall your car being very nice and I personally would have a hard time parting with it. I hope you get your money. The car was definitely in good hands and the buyer should be getting a well cared for example.

GLWS

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale