Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 09:30 PM
porscheduder1
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sschultze09
porscheduder1
Every good body shop would. The rock chips included the fenders and hood. Only use Macco for your auto body paint jobs? LOL nonsense.
@jppm... didn't see that post. why did he remove the fenders?

@sschultze09 pertaining to your quoted comment... Only a hack-shop would remove the fenders to fix any the issues you've described. Don't make yourself look foolish... there are some very knowledgeable member on RL. Dig the hole deeper if you'd like though.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:51 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Originally Posted by soop95
well i can tell you from the carfax she is well past 100k. i drove 3 hours to go see this car and was pretty disappointed. the seller told me the spot by the window had paint worn so it was touched up. i lifted the glass moulding and saw metal rusted through. there were other issues but these were off the top of my head. darn iPhones these days, making anything look good these days. what a waste of time. also was asking 43k then dropped to 39k when i saw it and now back up to 43K
I hate to say it but just assume that any car you look at that is reasonably priced has more skeletons hiding in its frunk than you want to know about.

Every 964 in fact air cooled 911 I look at that has been purchased over the past year or two no matter how nice initially has some hidden issue or another. Sad part is that most of what is overlooked should have been picked up by the PPI but wasn't. It is rare that you can find a car that is as advertised.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:03 AM
sschultze09
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@sschultze09 pertaining to your quoted comment... Only a hack-shop would remove the fenders to fix any the issues you've described. Don't make yourself look foolish... there are some very knowledgeable member on RL. Dig the hole deeper if you'd like though.

I suppose you could paint over the crawl to fender seal if you want to. but I wouldn't do that. Some body shops may go that way though.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:31 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

@porscheduder1 & sschultze09 - Even tho this is not a sticky thread, I'm sure you would both agree the thread is more about 964's for sale, and not as much whether to pull a fender for paint - both have merit & are more dependent on car, condition, owner expectations & valuations,... keeping in mind that Porsche tack welded our fenders after bolting alignment, and once you separate that weld, you can never go back. But then, some shops are also willing to slice off & use only the top half of the cowl-to-fender seal too, which IMO is also not desirable either. So it would seem that many times it is a personal decision between shop & owner.

In the spirit of the thread, here's another for sale. No affliation... {Cobalt, this one's up by you)..

https://delaware.craigslist.org/ctd/5992492795.html

http://www.gnsmotors.com/1990-Porsch...6/Details.aspx
Old 02-12-2017, 10:52 AM
Porschenut_Lee
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Never seen an armrest in a 964..........not a fan.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:52 PM
Super90
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschenut_Lee
I guess if it's a Tip, you can have an arm rest...
Old 02-12-2017, 07:23 PM
cool whip
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lee, you seem like someone who would love an armrest, great place for your cat to sit, ha ha!
Old 02-12-2017, 07:27 PM
luckyJ
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

1991 C2 5-spd w/ sport seats and top end on ebay for $39,500...no affiliation...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Porsche...m=302220914400

the higher mileage car prices are falling like dead weight while the lesser mileage collectible conditioned cars are holding steady...
Old 02-12-2017, 09:01 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by luckyJ
the higher mileage car prices are falling like dead weight while the lesser mileage collectible conditioned cars are holding steady...
Perhaps it is because the car is covered with hail damage and it looks like it went through a sand storm. Take a good look at the hood, roof, fenders, etc... Can't really ask top money when your car looks like crap.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:20 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

and there is not supposed to be that much distance between the Carrera emblem & the "2" on the rear deck lid. Rear end accident?

And in addition to LPMM comments, the lens' are in pretty bad shape.
no pics of underside engine or suspension. For $39.5k there should be much closer high-res pics for a eBay sale.
I'm thinking that one would not please once you're crawling around it in person.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:49 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bweSteve
@porscheduder1 & sschultze09 - Even tho this is not a sticky thread, I'm sure you would both agree the thread is more about 964's for sale, and not as much whether to pull a fender for paint - both have merit & are more dependent on car, condition, owner expectations & valuations,... keeping in mind that Porsche tack welded our fenders after bolting alignment, and once you separate that weld, you can never go back. But then, some shops are also willing to slice off & use only the top half of the cowl-to-fender seal too, which IMO is also not desirable either. So it would seem that many times it is a personal decision between shop & owner.

In the spirit of the thread, here's another for sale. No affliation... {Cobalt, this one's up by you)..

https://delaware.craigslist.org/ctd/5992492795.html

http://www.gnsmotors.com/1990-Porsch...6/Details.aspx
I agree never remove your fenders unless you have to for respray. If a painter knows what he is doing he has ways of doing a factory look job without.

Unfortunately that is 2 hours away and a tip cab. So not interested.

I do have a friend that is selling his 90 C2 targa. Black over black. He will be marketing it soon. It is a nice original car. Engine was ringed and rebuilt a number of years back by highly reputable shop and the targa top redone within the past couple of years. If I didn't have too many already I would be picking it up. It is a 10 footer currently paint wise but original and I have no doubt it can be cleaned up to look fantastic.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:54 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LPMM
Perhaps it is because the car is covered with hail damage and it looks like it went through a sand storm. Take a good look at the hood, roof, fenders, etc... Can't really ask top money when your car looks like crap.
If the car is that rough cosmetically I can only imagine what it is like mechanically. I would expect some serious money to bring this up to a nice driver. IMO the money is quite strong for overall condition. But finding a nice 964 is not going to happen on ebay at least not for less than a ridiculous price.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:51 AM
greens
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LPMM
Not only that but look who the seller is. Search here on the forums for their interesting history. Definitely a company I would personally avoid.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:43 PM
creaturecat
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

higher mileage 964 prices are falling like dead weight?
anyone have a decent 91 or 92 high mileage C2 manual? coupe only. it's gotta be at a dead weight price. no rust, prefer original paint. no black cars.
best to sell before they hit rock bottom, yes?
please pm me with details.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:08 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by creaturecat
higher mileage 964 prices are falling like dead weight?
I guess there are lots of different opinions out there. High miles cars have moved up quite a bit in the last few years. They're not on the peaks and they don't get the ridiculous prices a good, well documented low miles car gets now but relative to there historical price they're still expensive.

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale