Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

Here's one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-/181999309388
Old 01-22-2016, 10:10 PM
alosid
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
FYI It's also been listed here: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...n-rs-mods.html
Old 01-23-2016, 09:11 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Looks like a good deal... 1992 C2 Coupe, GR/Black, 126K miles, $39.5K http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...11c2-sale.html
Old 01-23-2016, 09:22 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

A damn good deal for a '92 if everything checks out!
Old 01-24-2016, 11:31 AM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 998 Likes on 650 Posts

damn! that won't last long. wish i was more prepared to jump on that.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:38 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Another steal of a deal: https://www.pca.org/classified-ad/312585
Old 01-25-2016, 10:37 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,230 Likes on 1,329 Posts

This shows you how crazy this market has become and how you have to be very careful what you buy.

I am 95% sure this car is the same turbo 3.6 I tried to buy back in 2002.

My friend Mike was at the auction and he confirmed some odd things like a mixture of snaps and velcro on the inner carpeting which is also something the car I knew had. Along with the vinyl missing around the gages and this car also had sport seats and a B&B exhaust.

If I am correct this car had two salvage titles back in 2002 both from theft no accident damage. However when I had seen it the ABS pump, sunroof, parts of the interior including the lower dash had already been removed since it was recovered from a chop shop in the process of dismantling it. Parts of the interior leather were torn same as this car. There was damage to the inner driver's doorjamb same as this car (Circled in red) has and it had 4 waffled speedlines and some broken suspension components. The paint was severely damaged and this car is obviously a complete respray and not the best quality. I offered $28k they sold the car for $32k back then. I was told it was put back together and was not the best job. You can see the incorrect velvet strip in the doorjamb that was replaced with some cheap stuff.

https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/FL0...Turbo/5-Speed/

What I find scary is people bid this up to $220k and there is no record of a salvage title yet if this is the same car which I am fairly confident it should have had two salvage titles from being stolen twice.

How can anyone bring a car like this in this condition to auction asking top dollar? So IMO this just shows that there is such little product worth buying that people are willing to to take chances on just about anything or we still have enough uneducated buyers that will bite at anything. I also like the blue and black carpeting. Also it shows that people are desperate enough to make money on this market that they will find ways to cover up its sordid past. I have no doubt the majority of what I see has similar issues and that far fewer cars are as they appear on paper.
Attached Images   
Old 01-25-2016, 11:31 AM
MTR
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
Looks like a winner. Should go fast.
Old 01-25-2016, 12:32 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 642 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
This shows you how crazy this market has become and how you have to be very careful what you buy.

My friend Mike was at the auction and he confirmed some odd things like a mixture of snaps and velcro on the inner carpeting which is also something the car I knew had. Along with the vinyl missing around the gages and this car also had sport seats and a B&B exhaust.

If I am correct this car had two salvage titles back in 2002 both from theft no accident damage. However when I had seen it the ABS pump, sunroof, parts of the interior including the lower dash had already been removed since it was recovered from a chop shop in the process of dismantling it. Parts of the interior leather were torn same as this car. There was damage to the inner driver's doorjamb same as this car (Circled in red) has and it had 4 waffled speedlines and some broken suspension components. The paint was severely damaged and this car is obviously a complete respray and not the best quality. I offered $28k they sold the car for $32k back then. I was told it was put back together and was not the best job. You can see the incorrect velvet strip in the doorjamb that was replaced with some cheap stuff.

What I find scary is people bid this up to $220k and there is no record of a salvage title yet if this is the same car which I am fairly confident it should have had two salvage titles from being stolen twice.

How can anyone bring a car like this in this condition to auction asking top dollar? So IMO this just shows that there is such little product worth buying that people are willing to to take chances on just about anything or we still have enough uneducated buyers that will bite at anything. I also like the blue and black carpeting. Also it shows that people are desperate enough to make money on this market that they will find ways to cover up its sordid past. I have no doubt the majority of what I see has similar issues and that far fewer cars are as they appear on paper.
Amazing that car could be bid that high. My car that has a clean title, almost all the records since it was brand new and looks 1000x better would never bring that much money being that it has 90k miles and a repaint.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:25 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt

Scary to say the least.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:52 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 998 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Scary to say the least.
that's why doing your own inspections at an auction is so critical. people see the cars on tv and think they're all in great shape. not at all the case. most need attention on some level, but still look awesome on tv or from 20'. if someone bids $200k on this car, that's on the bidder and bidders know this. now, not disclosing salvage titles is a problem and talking to the seller directly about all paperwork can help. if i bought a $200k car and found out it had a salvage title (that was clearly not disclosed in any manner), mecum would have a problem. as it goes for every buying situation - BUYER BEWARE!
Old 01-25-2016, 11:33 PM
creaturecat
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

unreal. the limited supply. given the appreciation in prices.
the 964 is special. no doubt. i knew it all along .....
Old 01-26-2016, 09:46 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,230 Likes on 1,329 Posts

Originally Posted by rsabeebe
that's why doing your own inspections at an auction is so critical. people see the cars on tv and think they're all in great shape. not at all the case. most need attention on some level, but still look awesome on tv or from 20'. if someone bids $200k on this car, that's on the bidder and bidders know this. now, not disclosing salvage titles is a problem and talking to the seller directly about all paperwork can help. if i bought a $200k car and found out it had a salvage title (that was clearly not disclosed in any manner), mecum would have a problem. as it goes for every buying situation - BUYER BEWARE!
I have seen a number of cars like this. The problem isn't that it isn't being disclosed somehow people are finding ways to have the "S" title reverted back to a regular title. This happens more often than it should and how do you prove the current owner knows anything about it.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:41 AM
kokolyia
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Yet another seeming steal of a deal if you are lucky and looking for a Tiptronic. No reserve C2 madness!!!
No affiliation but for some reason I'm really digging the white on white. Just don't get any stains.
http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/141886471939
Old 01-26-2016, 12:00 PM
greg1990964
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a thought..every time I see a 964 that is not outrageously expensive I always figure its a tiptronic. I am always right. I was wondering why more people are not converting those tips out there to manual, and I guess I have my answer on eBay. 10K for a G 50 tranny is why. L.A. Dismantlers is selling all you need to do the conversion minus the speedo for 11 or 12k bucks. Yikes. I did see a speedster for sale recently with the conversion done, and in a car that expensive it makes sense, and can always keep the parts and put it back to original. I almost did a conversion when I had a wrecked car and was only finding rollers that were Tips. I waited and was rewarded with a super cheap new paint, orig 5 speed car the motor and tranny now resides in.

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale