Sponsored by:

UK 964 Track Day Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 07:06 PM
geordie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fancied a spot of gardening?!

I liked the fact you kept calm and carried on ...
Old 03-14-2013, 02:38 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigunit_271078
Looks like pcgb track day list is out for 2013. Goodwood in mid may sounds appealing and the brands Indy novice event in June also.

http://www.porscheclubgbforum.com/tm...&key=򴥰

Be good to do Bedford and silver stone this year as well as haven't done them before
They have also just added a date at Anglesey for Saturday 27th April. I'm waiting for confirmation of price but expecting it to be in the £200-£250 range. Non-PCGB members usually have to pay extra but I'll have a word with organizer to see if I can get the same rate for them.

Anyone interested in this? If there are a few of us then an overnight stop on the Friday in a local hostelry could be arranged!

p.s. Not done Anglesey myself but have heard it's a really good circuit:

http://www.angleseycircuit.com/
For those interested in a track day at the Anglesey circuit, I've had it confirmed that the price is £250 for the day. This is the PCGB member's rate and non-members usually pay more. However, non-members coming in a 964, with my recommendation, can play for the same rate. So:

Date: Saturday 27th April 2013
Venue: Anglesey circuit
Price: £250
Numbers: up to 50 (all Porsche)
Booking: Contact Boxsey who will e-mail you a booking form
Overnight stop on Friday 26th April: TBC

I'll be booking it as soon as we get back from Spa.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:00 PM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve,

Is there any chance of Curborough this year?

Though I think with the new influx of owners it could be well oversubscribed!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:55 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by freedman
Steve,

Is there any chance of Curborough this year?

Though I think with the new influx of owners it could be well oversubscribed!
I'll aim to sort that for a late in the year date but will get in touch about it earlier this time.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:01 AM
BillyB
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Masher
Snetterton is fantastic in the dry and par for the course in the wet... but... I find it really greasy in that intermediate period. The water somehow sits on the surface.
That said, I've done 7 or 8 track days now and two have been at Snetterton and I'm hooked. Great mix of speed and twist on the 300 circuit - is this what you're planning to do?

Bear in mind it's flat circuit so no exciting undulations but the run off appears decent and the bomb hole is a hoot.
Well Snetterton yesterday was great fun. I was a bit intimidated by the 10 or so race cars, half a dozen Radicals and a plethora of trailers and awnings in the car park but by the end of the day I actually managed to enjoy myself

Masher - as you say, Bomb Hole is a hoot, or it was right up until I made a school boy error there resulting in me spearing off the track (in field), pirouetting three or four times quite happily until the drivers' side wheels dug in to soft ground and oh-so-nearly flipped the car over. I was within inches of rolling, as confirmed by the marshall. At that point I decided to call it a day.

Great fun regardless and starting to plan the next one.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:32 AM
Masher
Instructor

Originally Posted by BillyB
Well Snetterton yesterday was great fun. I was a bit intimidated by the 10 or so race cars, half a dozen Radicals and a plethora of trailers and awnings in the car park but by the end of the day I actually managed to enjoy myself

Masher - as you say, Bomb Hole is a hoot, or it was right up until I made a school boy error there resulting in me spearing off the track (in field), pirouetting three or four times quite happily until the drivers' side wheels dug in to soft ground and oh-so-nearly flipped the car over. I was within inches of rolling, as confirmed by the marshall. At that point I decided to call it a day.

Great fun regardless and starting to plan the next one.
Glad you had a great day -it really is a great circuit. The off at Bombhole sounds very scary - I've not seen anyone go off there but I can imagine you can make it a long way off the circuit at that point especially if the suspension is on the rebound when you leave the circuit I have tended to use the drain on the inside to hook into - not sure if that's the best line through there.

I'm doing Bedford on April 27th as my next track day after Spa but if my purchase of a dedicated track car goes through I'll use that to find out what I've bought
Old 03-19-2013, 08:47 AM
BillyB
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought about going to Bedford on 27th too but it is the weekend after I get back from nearly a month in Oz and I suspect normal life may get in the way.

What do you have in mind for your dedicated track car?
Old 03-19-2013, 11:33 AM
PeterS911
Advanced

Originally Posted by alexjc4
Blimey, dicey one! what happened there? Loose the rear on the downshift?
It was my first lap in Chiefs C2 after I had been lapping comfortably in my C4. Braked too hard, offline a bit too far to the right, so the right wheel was on greasier surface.

The front right locked up. That Armco was approaching fast, luckily it ended before I hit it.

Chief is still picking grass out from the underside. He was watching from the pit-wall. I don't think he was impressed!

Old 03-19-2013, 04:06 PM
Masher
Instructor

[QUjOTE=BillyB;10312830]
What do you have in mind for your dedicated track car?[/QUOTE]

944 turbo. I've bought it but not collected it. The previous owner has completely rebuilt it to track spec whilst leaving it road legal. Sould be fun. Can't wait to get it back home.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:13 PM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

[QUjOTE=BillyB;10312830]
944 turbo. I've bought it but not collected it. The previous owner has completely rebuilt it to track spec whilst leaving it road legal. Sould be fun. Can't wait to get it back home. [/QUOTE]

Sounds like good fun

We need pics though

I had a 944S2 a few years ago as daily driver and it was a great car, I have also driven a track spec 944 which was very impressive

A track spec turbo is going to be quick
Old 03-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Cheeksyboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BillyB
944 turbo. I've bought it but not collected it. The previous owner has completely rebuilt it to track spec whilst leaving it road legal. Sould be fun. Can't wait to get it back home.
Nice, mate of mine used to have a black 944 turbo, nicely balanced machine....

Sounds like good fun

We need pics though

I had a 944S2 a few years ago as daily driver and it was a great car, I have also driven a track spec 944 which was very impressive

A track spec turbo is going to be quick [/QUOTE]

Is there a Porsche you've not owned!?
Old 03-19-2013, 04:41 PM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Cheeksyboy

Is there a Porsche you've not owned!?
Anything earlier than a 964

Anything later than a 996tt

Old 03-19-2013, 05:44 PM
Masher
Instructor

Sounds like good fun

We need pics though

A track spec turbo is going to be quick [/QUOTE]

I'll post pics when I've got it home. Easter weekend looks like the date. Then I need to invest in some driver training when my wallet has recovered from buying this!
Old 03-20-2013, 01:04 PM
oldtimer
Racer

Finally got round to processing a bit of footage from the Oulton Park Porsche RS day back on 8 March. It was cold , wet , and I was slow and in a Zen trance state....anyway the visibility was not brilliant but the infamous Druids corner is included and clip fades out as head towards Lodge corner...GoPro on default settings

Old 03-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Masher
Instructor

I've seen talk of doing Snetterton at some point. I have just booked 28th June (Friday) through MSV. It's a cracking circuit. Anyone else interested?

Quick Reply: UK 964 Track Day Club