Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

London 964 Spa Francorchamps Weekend 2013 - The Sequel

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Zingari
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TomTom all the way for me. I'm staying B&B Entre Deux Pays and have some GPS coords so hope it works as this place looks to be out in the country somewhere

Porscheshop do the fire extinguisher mount for the front seat. I've got the Fire Ex just need to mount. Had one in the 993 so force of habit putting one in the '64
Old 03-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Zingari
TomTom all the way for me. I'm staying B&B Entre Deux Pays and have some GPS coords so hope it works as this place looks to be out in the country somewhere

Porscheshop do the fire extinguisher mount for the front seat. I've got the Fire Ex just need to mount. Had one in the 993 so force of habit putting one in the '64
I believe the mount they supply is a Brey Krause one - by reputation they may not have the part in stock.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:42 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

16 days to go!

"When you're off to Spa...it's life....anything that happens before or after...it's just waiting."

Steve McQueen (on behalf of L964O).

Old 03-06-2013, 07:17 PM
996ttalot
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boxsey911
16 days to go!

"When you're off to Spa...it's life....anything that happens before or after...it's just waiting."

Steve McQueen (on behalf of L964O).

Please no, not 16 days left. I dare not post what our 964 currently looks like, never mind the 3 or 4 customer cars at the moment.

Agggggghhhhhhh.

Ken
Old 03-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Jacke2c
Formerly turbotwoshoes
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default I am not even getting to go and

it feels like christmas... I can hardly wait for the video. Even my wife is excited about the t-shirts. Maybe we can go to Road Atlanta and get pics with them on just a s a tribute to the effort by you blokes. Thanks, Jack
Old 03-07-2013, 03:43 AM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turbotwoshoes
it feels like christmas... I can hardly wait for the video. Even my wife is excited about the t-shirts. Maybe we can go to Road Atlanta and get pics with them on just a s a tribute to the effort by you blokes. Thanks, Jack
That would be cool

Road Atlatnta, now theres a track I would love to drive!
Old 03-07-2013, 08:44 AM
asbi
Racer

GREAT INSURANCE!

Just checked with Manning, got my RS on agreed value, premium less that £500 - covers me for all UK trackdays, Euro driving and beleive it or not any Euro track days too including our Spa weekender!

RS day tomorrow at Oulton to shake the car down then 14 days and counting....

Cheers,
Kev
Old 03-07-2013, 08:49 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

*Update on outward journey*

Chaps, because of the large number of us going we've come up with the following suggestion.

Meet up point - After checking in go to the main terminal car park in front of the shopping mall for departure to the train at about 9.45 am. This will avoid us all queuing at check-in at the same time or waiting for stragglers off site.

Owing to popular demand, we'll use the 'Lille route' for the outward journey:

Exit Tunnel
E40 to Dunkirk/Lille
E42 to Lille
[Journey break just after Lille]
E42 to Tornai/Mons
E42/E19 to Charleroi/Liege (bypassing Namur and Seraing)
Join E40 towards Verviers
[Journey break on E40]
E42 to Verviers
Spa Francorchamps (exit for those staying around Spa)
Exit J12 of E42 for Lingneuville (for those going to the St Hubert)
Over the little bridge
Left at T Junction
Under motorway
Through small village
Left at T Junction
Arrive at Hotel on the right

As we get off the train in France there will be plenty of time for the convoy to form once on the E40 if we keep at a steady pace (this will be essential anyway to avoid attracting unwanted attention!). i.e. there's no need to stop the other side and wait for everyone to get off the train.

For those staying at the St Hubert in Ligneuville - we'll have a large number of cars but there is limited parking. So on reaching the hotel, we'll have to park sensibly at the side of the road while we sort out the best way of getting safe overnight parking by consulting with the hotel owner. There is parking at the rear of the hotel but we will need military precision to get as many in there as possible.

A full tank of fuel at Folkestone will get you all the way to the hotel with fuel to spare. A lot of fuel stations are self service/card only. Including the fuel station on site at the circuit. Check what your credit cards are charging for use abroad. I've just find out that one of mine now charges a 2.75% exchange charge (it used to only make money from the exchange rate)!
Old 03-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Some inspiration...

Old 03-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

and this

Old 03-07-2013, 01:13 PM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice

As are these

Bar the 917 I think Moby Dick is my all time favourite racing car

The M1 in this video was at Spa when we were there last year, but got black flagged for noise!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:21 PM
RSAErick
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Porsche964FP
Some inspiration...
Great video! The M1 is race trim has got to be one of the most beautiful sports cars ever made.

That's not the 9m car, is it?
Old 03-08-2013, 07:23 PM
RSAErick
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 1 Post

So, for those of us that can only dream of Spa, can someone give a detailed portrayal of what it's like to be lucky enough to go through Eau Rouge in a 964. That would make my day...

Thanks.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Cheeksyboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RSAErick
So, for those of us that can only dream of Spa, can someone give a detailed portrayal of what it's like to be lucky enough to go through Eau Rouge in a 964. That would make my day...

Thanks.
Well, when you exit la source, you head down hill accelerating up through the gears. You hug the old pit wall on the right hand side of the track and as eau rouge homes into view you lift (if you're a Wimp like me) and guide the car to the other side of the track so that the inside wheels ride kerb......and then you look to your right and in front of you is what can best be described as a wall....as the road turns impossibly right and climbs seemingly almost vertically away from you....

You can't see the exit or which way the track goes next so you rely on experience to settle the car, and as you crest the brow turn slightly left riding the inside kerb at the top......and relax up the longer run of kemmel.

A camera never does it justice.....it's epic.....but my fave is pouhon the fast double left.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:58 AM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Originally Posted by Cheeksyboy
Well, when you exit la source, you head down hill accelerating up through the gears. You hug the old pit wall on the right hand side of the track and as eau rouge homes into view you lift (if you're a Wimp like me) and guide the car to the other side of the track so that the inside wheels ride kerb......and then you look to your right and in front of you is what can best be described as a wall....as the road turns impossibly right and climbs seemingly almost vertically away from you....

You can't see the exit or which way the track goes next so you rely on experience to settle the car, and as you crest the brow turn slightly left riding the inside kerb at the top......and relax up the longer run of kemmel.

A camera never does it justice.....it's epic.....but my fave is pouhon the fast double left.
Great description.

I can never get my head around Pouhon. For me Eau Rouge is euphoria. I love the drama before you get there - the howling exhaust note as you hug the wall is just euphoria.

Quick Reply: London 964 Spa Francorchamps Weekend 2013 - The Sequel