Sponsored by:

964 PROGRESS - **Best Driving Roads in the World & Race Prep**

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 02:49 PM
polar964
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Frank,
Not been on the forum for a while and just caught up with your thread. Sorry to read about the damage that was senselessly inflicted on your pride and joy.
Any way, by the looks of things, it will soon look like new
Look forward to seeing it in the metal so to speak, next time you are up this neck of the woods
Old 05-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LUCKY LONDON 964
Its not just our 964s Frank the toerags keyed the wifes X5 Sunday when i got back from our meet.I d love to catch them !!!
Must have been the same vandal

Originally Posted by olly964T
Mate, that sux.

Your car is gonna look great with the read calipers. It makes a hugh difference.

Am also a fan of the Ruf mirrors.
Well the mirrors didn't work out, the visibility is just too poor ( apparently )and tbh they are just plainly overpriced for form over function...

Originally Posted by ozmatt964
The 993 door handles do look good and neaten up the side of the car IMO. Let us know what you do Frank.
Originally Posted by freedman
I'm surprised more people dont go down the route of painting their 964 handles body clour

90% of the effect for 0% of the cost of 993 handles (assumes you need to repaint the 993 handles as well)
Hmmm I see where you're coming from but i prefer the shape of 993 handles, they fit in well with the 964s bumpers and tear drop mirrors

Just got them second hand and they're in the mail, so I'll have those re-sprayed the locking barrels slip straight in no worries. Quick DIY

Originally Posted by polar964
Hey Frank,
Not been on the forum for a while and just caught up with your thread. Sorry to read about the damage that was senselessly inflicted on your pride and joy.
Any way, by the looks of things, it will soon look like new
Look forward to seeing it in the metal so to speak, next time you are up this neck of the woods
Old 05-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Default Pics

Well the car is back and the quality is great The cheap price a big bonus!

The car still needs to be machine polished to have all the surface micro scratches eliminated so that's happening next week and is included in the deal.

I'm not happy with the fit of the wings however and so will bring that to Roge's
( the Colombian body shop guy ) attention next week.... The panel gaps are just a little off around the bonnet and fuel door.

The red calipers are done and look great, what do you all think? At first it took some time to get used to. The Porsche script on them is to be redone next week also.

I called up Porsche shop last week for a front splitter, but the waiting time and price wasn't attractive... So I'm waiting for an ebay bargain, do let me know if any of you see a cheap one floating around!

993 handles are on the way, thanksVic for the cheap 993 handle source!

Anyway here are some quick iPhone pics of the dirty car, when all is done and I find some weekend time I'll give Eric a full clean, polish and take some hi res pics.
Attached Images          
Old 05-08-2011, 02:13 PM
LUCKY LONDON 964
Advanced

Looks good Frank
Old 05-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Vic_S
Racer

Liking that...especially the red calipers.
Well done, Frank
Old 05-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Vic_S
Racer

Frank, this guy has a front splitter to sell

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2803014.htm
Old 05-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Originally Posted by Vic_S

Hi Vic! Thanks for that! Emailed him.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:44 PM
sergiDA
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is all looking very nice, small and not so small details make it different...congratulations!!!

Didn't you have a big rear wing in the past?
Old 05-09-2011, 01:54 PM
bigunit_271078
Burning Brakes

Progressing well mate. The red is a nice contrast with the black body colour
Old 05-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Default Update

Here is a little update of the little things that have happened since the last.

A strut brace that I had ordered finally arrived after a 2 month delay. It's a carbon fibre one from Design 911. Took four bolts to install it - 10 min job. A lot of people cut through the boot carpet so that the brace shows, I couldn't face doing this to my nice carpet so it went under.

Are strut braces just for show? No. On the first drive with it, within the first 5 mins I could tell. It's really made a huge difference to how the car corners. It's now even more precise than ever before.

Recently Eric kept having problems starting, seemed the battery would drain even more so than normal 964s! Calling the RC ended up with a new Bosch item. Was a bit of a hit, but I'm told that Bosch really are market leaders Problem solved.

Otherwise I bought some 993 handles recently, with a fresh lick of paint from Roge they look great However.... on close inspection the operating rod/ pin had been sheared off on the n/s handles Was really not looking forward to a potential eBay argument about whether the pin had been sheared off pre or post purchase

However a quick search through my emails came up trumps, the seller had stated in black in white that the handles were in good working in order and he had sent pictures - one of which clearly shows a sheared pin on the n/s handle. Bingo - I have evidence!

Email sent... still no reply from him!

However Roge being the formidable genius that he is tells me he managed to use the pin from the original door handle. I can tell you now that wasn't an easy job, it's deep within the door handle mechanism.

I have to really take my hat off to Roge, not only is he a real Macgyver but he's dedicated... he's still working on the car as I write this @22:30.

Anyway enough text here are some pics...

I know this isn't a 9M rebuild thread but though this could help some?
Attached Images        
Old 05-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Originally Posted by Vic_S

Thanks! Turns out he won't sell it until the car is sold. The search goes on!

Originally Posted by sergiDA
It is all looking very nice, small and not so small details make it different...congratulations!!!

Didn't you have a big rear wing in the past?
Nope no wing. Not really my thing on NB, however if I ever need an intercooler I'd probably go with an RSA style wing...
Old 05-20-2011, 06:47 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

So next on the list is a thorough detail to get rid of those surface scratches ( just jealous of Vic's paint job ), light weight front seats or red piped black sport bolstered seats, steering wheel, red piped front carpets, red seat belts, splitter, maf, remap, toyo 888........

I wonder what will happen when we all finish our wish lists - or do they never end?

PS 964s really, really are great, aren't they
Old 05-21-2011, 10:50 AM
g60pops
Burning Brakes

strut brace looks nice
Old 05-21-2011, 02:45 PM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts

Frank, I agree, the shape of the handles together with the mirrors make painting the old ones a poor substitute. They just flow together so nicely and the tactile nature of the soft painted feel is just right. Glad you managed to get them sorted.

I include photos of mine here because it is pretty damn hard to photograph them well, the angles don't always suit and when you step back and shoot the whole car you and shrink them to fit here you can't really even tell what you are looking at.

Last edited by misterbeverlyhills; 05-30-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:20 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Originally Posted by misterbeverlyhills
Frank, I agree, the shape of the handles together with the mirrors make painting the old ones a poor substitute. They just flow together so nicely and the tactile nature of the soft painted feel is just right. Glad you managed to get them sorted.

I include photos of mine here because it is pretty damn hard to photograph them well, the angles don't always suit and when you step back and shoot the whole car you and shrink them to fit here you can't really even tell what you are looking at.
End here are the handles I think the chrome plays off the wheels quite well... well when they're clean!
Attached Images      

Quick Reply: 964 PROGRESS - **Best Driving Roads in the World & Race Prep**