Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pending projects and a few q?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 01:02 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Jaime, been following your thread, and must give you credit for the dedication of your car. This lovely 964 has the love alright, and whatever needs replacing will be replaced if not enhanced. I think by the time you finish with it the car will be near if not better than brand new!;-)

Keep it going and well done so far!

Norm
Old 02-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Enso
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Tin painting

Hi Jaime

Great post, I've got my motor carrier tin off and want to paint it. I noticed you did the same. had you taken it down to the metal or how did you handle the job?

thanks in advance for the advice
Glenn
Old 02-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Enso
Rennlist Member

Default Tin painting

Hi Jaime

Great post, I've got my motor carrier tin off and want to paint it. I noticed you did the same. had you taken it down to the metal or how did you handle the job?

Glenn
Old 02-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Enso
Hi Jaime

Glenn
Nothing to it. Clean it well (degreaser) and then clean it again. Sand down any rust areas and the old paint (just the loose stuff, no need to take it down to the metal), then clean again. Let it dry and paint.

On another note... took the car out of my garage to drive it over to a friend's house for storage until I can come up with the $$ to fix the transmission and steering rack... sound it and felt soooooo nice driving the car again... even if it was in second gear and with a heavy steering the way there...

Photos from that day...

And drove this one back to finally finish the interior and top.... will be my daily driver here soon...

Old 02-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Enso
Rennlist Member

Awesome pic Jamie

Thanks for the info
I had to replace my steering rack a couple of months ago $2500...yikes i nearly died

i'm taking the car to the shop tomorrow for a new paint job, should take about a month

cheers
Glenn
Old 02-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Heater blower removed... ordered the RS heater duct bypass from Sunset Porsche, they had one in stock. Part Number 993-211-941-00

Photos when I get the part. And saving for the tranny and steering rack repair... from what I have read that is going to be one f* expensive bill...

On a positive note, did the install of the top on the FIAT. With the help of a friend. We did his car and mine. Glad to not have to pay for labor on that. Easy to do. And amazingly enough, I don't have a photo of mine done ! lol

Here is Frank's car:

Old 10-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

If all goes well, in a month or so, my 964 goes in for a complete respray.

Since I bought the car already with the widebody conversion I always wondered how the welds were done... since they will take it down to metal I want them to make sure the wide body metal parts welds are still in good condition. This will be the time to check all that. I know the parts are all factory items, some still had the sticker on them, so not worry about the quality of the part, only if they were installed correctly.

Also, since I am getting the hang of dropping the engine and transmission (see other SC threads) I might drop it and keep it home to clean the engine, look it over, and also find a used transmission to replace mine (or repair the one that I have).

Need to find me some 993 door handles... if anyone knows of a good place to get these, let me know. Need to search on what is needed for the conversion.

Anyway, great opportunity to have the car looking pristine. Then on to repair the tranny, steering rack (never got around to ordering the repair/rebuild kit for the steering rack). I miss driving this car... and only firing it up every other week is not enough... this is the year to finish all my projects... hope to get this one done before year end. Will see...
Old 11-09-2012, 03:24 PM
c didy
Three Wheelin'

Received 248 Likes on 176 Posts

"Need to find me some 993 door handles... if anyone knows of a good place to get these, let me know. Need to search on what is needed for the conversion."

I'm going to do that too. IIRC it's paint, plug and play. They accept the complete 964 locks/tumblers and bolt up. You may want new gaskets.

Q: do you remember where you got your wb shark's fins? I think you said that you had replaced them at one point.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by c didy
"Need to find me some 993 door handles... if anyone knows of a good place to get these, let me know. Need to search on what is needed for the conversion."

I'm going to do that too. IIRC it's paint, plug and play. They accept the complete 964 locks/tumblers and bolt up. You may want new gaskets.

Q: do you remember where you got your wb shark's fins? I think you said that you had replaced them at one point.
Got them (the fins) from Sunset Porsche.

Also got the new gaskets for the 993 handles from them a few days ago.

Still looking for the 993 handles at a decent price...

Edit - can't seem to be able to update the initial post anymore... that sucks... Anyway, place holder for a common problems:

Erratic idle due to connector in Mass Airflow Sensor: https://rennlist.com/forums/2947343-post4.html
PDAS issues due to pressure sensor and relay: https://rennlist.com/forums/5828404-post11.html

Last edited by Wachuko; 11-27-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Enso
Rennlist Member

Hi Marc
i am thinking of putting new shocks on my 91 and was wondering what model of Belstein you used?
Best Glenn
Old 12-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Hi Marc
i am thinking of putting new shocks on my 91 and was wondering what model of Belstein you used?
Best Glenn
Glenn,

Was this posted in the wrong thread?? Marc has a different thread for all his mods... just in case is only a problem of mistaken identity here is my info:

Blistein (HD's) and H&R Sport springs that I ordered from TireRack

Install thread
Old 12-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Enso
Rennlist Member

Hi Jaime

sorry i meant this note for you, i just got my names mixed up

i was reading in your notes about the shocks you installed and was wondering what model and how they are filling for street use?

im back at my winter up grades

Best
Glenn
Old 12-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Hi Jaime

sorry i meant this note for you, i just got my names mixed up

i was reading in your notes about the shocks you installed and was wondering what model and how they are filling for street use?

im back at my winter up grades

Best
Glenn
Glenn,

I am very happy with the suspension setup that I have. It was difficult to decide because when you ask for recommendations there are many factors that come into play and many available choices to select from. Add to that the personal aspect (everyone has an opinion of what is best, track, street, combination of both...) and, well... you get what I mean.

I wanted a setup that was great to improve the street use of my car. My car does not see a track (well, right now it is only seeing the garage until I fix the transmission and steering rack), only street use. So for me, this setup was perfect from a cost and performance.

Here is a link to the thread I posted and the recommendations I got. This was back in 2008 so pretty sure there are new options available that might better.

Suspension Recommendations

I suggest creating a new thread and asking for recommendations of new alternatives available. Really hope that helps

Last edited by Wachuko; 12-06-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Enso
Rennlist Member

Thanks Jaime
this helps, im doing lots of reading

best
glenn
Old 03-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Surfingfreeman
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey wachuko

Im also on fiat spider.com, I am having a 2007 911 carrera s shipped to me, how do I post on this site? Thanks
Mike

Quick Reply: Pending projects and a few q?