Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

2005 Ford GT40 vs. 1988 951S

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 03:30 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Wished me well in my recovery? Your confusing me with someone else. My accident wasn't serious, it just knocked around the delicate front end pieces of the car. Which as most know once those gaps become mis-asligned it's nearly impossible to get them to match up right again. Exactly how am I treating you? You seem to be the one worked up not me. If you think you beat him great, I'm just some random dude on the internet.
Ok so may be it's not you, but any who, wish you the best anyway because you may need it when it comes to getting great support on this forum. I can clearly see that there is no point in me, or anybody else with better experience/knowledge than me for that matter, to further our conversation and you must have something better to do right? Not worked up here at all, I am just glad that you have shared your statement to everyone here that 951s of any build, any plat-form, anywhere, simply cannot run with a super car. That's your generalizations and that's set in your mind and you are in your own world of fast super cars that no one can touch. You kept insisting that I am in it to win it against this driver no matter how I or some others have tried to explain to you so it's kind of a lost cause here. But thanks anyway, for putting in the energy to keep this thread going.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:38 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

To those who can see past my story or how truly unbelievable as it may seems, that it is not a lost cause to continue with the effort that you put into your 951, its development, and keep representing the marque. Thank you for that. At the end of the day, it puts a smile on your face and rewards some one like myself, an honest opportunity to tell some BS story and that's all that's matter.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:57 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mudbuddha
I am just glad that you have shared your statement to everyone here that 951s of any build, any plat-form, anywhere, simply cannot run with a super car.
There are 951's on this board that can beat a stock Ford GT just not yours. I still don't quite understand your comments about support you seem to be entrenched in the brotherhood mob mentality aspect that happens to a lot of the niche market cars. Rennlist is a great place with great people some of whom have really come to my aid, and I have come to theirs. No not one of those guys who truly knows me or has done business with me will care that I think your story is BS or that I don't think any 944 could run with a fully modded F.GT.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:09 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I once beat a 928s with a 72' Vega from a 60 mph roll
Old 09-04-2012, 04:33 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

a Toyota 1UZ-FE making 700 hp (turbines/on pennies) might be the definitive answer
to life's greatest question.... not to mention you couldn't blow it up if you tried.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:55 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by racerxrick
I once beat a 928s with a 72' Vega from a 60 mph roll

LOL, I know those Vegas! I'm guessing it was no longer getting 25 mpg?
Old 09-04-2012, 05:48 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

There are 951's on this board that can beat a stock Ford GT just not yours. I still don't quite understand your comments about support you seem to be entrenched in the brotherhood mob mentality aspect that happens to a lot of the niche market cars. Rennlist is a great place with great people some of whom have really come to my aid, and I have come to theirs. No not one of those guys who truly knows me or has done business with me will care that I think your story is BS or that I don't think any 944 could run with a fully modded F.GT.
There you go, making general assumptions again. What I do know is that I have a 3L that was built to be reliable by some of the best engine builders on and off this board. It was not build for me to beat a Ford GT or any super car that I know of as it was not my requirement at time of the build- being able to run with modern cars, super car or not is just icing on the cake. The engine, and the car as a whole was built with weekend driving and to charity event car shows in mind. I am wondering why you are so adamant about me wanting to beat anything...Let it go, John. I don't believe you have driven a 3L have you? When you own one of these higher displacement motor and have driven it, then I'll believe what you have to say otherwise, it's also just BS.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:56 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

There you go, making general assumptions again. What I do know is that I have a 3L that was built to be reliable by some of the best engine builders on and off this board. It was not build for me to beat a Ford GT or any super car that I know of as it was not my requirement at time of the build- being able to run with modern cars, super car or not is just icing on the cake. The engine, and the car as a whole was built with weekend driving and to charity event car shows in mind. I am wondering why you are so adamant about me wanting to beat anything...Let it go, John. I don't believe you have driven a 3L have you? When you own one of these higher displacement motor and have driven it, then I'll believe what you have to say otherwise, it's also just BS.
Lmao. I have driven several 3L cars and yours makes less peak power than even my 2.5. You think if I drove your 380hp 3L I would suddenly believe its a 130car(in order for your story to be true it'd actually have to be much much faster than that)? You claim to have stayed in 5th gear and he was on it and he couldn't pull away from you. Your story is ridiculous, no he wasn't on it and no if I drove your car I'll be saying the same thing. You must honestly think your car is fast and that's fine. It's all retaliative to your experience. Have you ever driven a Ford GT? I have.

Take your car to the track and when your trapping 145-150 I'll believe you were able to stay in 5th gear mat it and keep up with a Ford GT on full tilt.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:01 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

So, 13 pages later...

Which is faster...my Hayabusa or my 951??
Old 09-04-2012, 08:07 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by schip43
LOL, I know those Vegas! I'm guessing it was no longer getting 25 mpg?
uh...no
Old 09-04-2012, 08:10 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by DanaT
So, 13 pages later...

Bwahahahaha. That's bringing it back old school right there
Old 09-04-2012, 09:05 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmm, how did a modded Ford GT get in here?!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:19 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

John, even my 10 years old bicycle is faster than your 2.5L It's hard to believe what you are saying anymore. So you have driven and probably owned most of them at one point, doesn't mean anything to me- according to you all BS right. No I haven't driven a Ford GT or Gallardo but I will say that I have driven in a couple of exotics that neither a Ford GT nor a Gallardo can touch.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:08 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DanaT
So, 13 pages later...

I can answer that with personal experience; a Hyabusa. Lol

For ****s and giggles years back I tried to play with one in a lower speed roll and before I was out if 2nd gear he had 5 car lengths on me. I showed him!!! Lol
Old 09-04-2012, 10:14 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

John, even my 10 years old bicycle is faster than your 2.5L It's hard to believe what you are saying anymore. So you have driven and probably owned most of them at one point, doesn't mean anything to me- according to you all BS right. No I haven't driven a Ford GT or Gallardo but I will say that I have driven in a couple of exotics that neither a Ford GT nor a Gallardo can touch.
That's one fast bicycle!

Quick Reply: 2005 Ford GT40 vs. 1988 951S