Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

1/4 Timeslips. Best 10 on the list? --Video

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 08:36 AM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Tial 46mm is a hundred years old. The Tial 50mm BOV is about 5yrs old, 6 now but they make the new "Q" version.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Tms951
Pro

Originally Posted by 95ONE
ok. Been researching this. found Nothing. It is entirely believable. I have NO problems getting kicked off 1st place spot. I have actually looked very forward to it! But this is sooooooo much more that I have to sit back for a second and think about posting this as first...
Sure it was pre you-tube. but not pre-video recorder. NO video. you'd think you'd get that?
Was it you that drove the car or someone else?
The numbers add up. It's possible. I'm just going to push for more evidence first.
You were proud enough to keep the slip for 5 years, but not enough to have a video...
And.. if you're good enough to get a 1.69 60'. Buddy, you KNOW how to drive a 1/4 mile. So..
Why STIFFEN the suspension? Not the usual route. Can you explain?
I don't want to be tooo much of a naysayer. I'm just wanting to push for a little more proof.

I almost posted yours without these questions.. But I just want a little more... Other's opinions on this?

You've also been on here since '04. I wanted to go back and see your posts in that time frame. Rennlist only goes back to '06. Sooooo...

Please be a little patient with this. This is extreme and might require just a little scrutinizing.

I didn't want to say anything yet but here are to things I didn't really like,
1) running 72lb injectors in batched injection is only going to get you to 400whp or a little under.
2) a hot side of a turbo with a stage v wheel and a 10cm2 housing is going to kill the top end and hp, but the car still had an amazing trap speed.

Regardless of launch 400whp and 2900 lbs does not get you mid tens and 130mph trap.

Unfortunatly now nothing can be done, but for this low a time it would be nice to have a picture of the car with a number on it that matches that of the race ticket. or something like that.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:25 AM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad others are discussing it.

I am having a truly hard time with this one.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:49 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to mention, as Patrick posted, the identical mod list from the Broadfoot site.

Sounds like a load of BS to me.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:39 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

New 2.8 liter 450+ HP turbocharged engine
Adjustable boost control
Cross-drilled, knife-edged, lightened, nitride 88mm crank
Carrillo connecting rods
MAHLE Coated pistons - tops and skirts
Ported and polished, o-ringed head
Wide fire head gasket
Race cam
Race valve springs
Titanium valve retainers
Stage V CM10 T04E Garrett turbine
Large front mounted Fluidyn oil cooler with AN-12 stainless braided lines and Earl's aluminum swivel-seal fittings
Massive Autosport intercooler
2.5" polished boost tubes
46mm TiAL wastegate
50mm TiAL blow-off valve
Fiberglass reinforced hose connections
Power pulley's
Billet alternator mount
Oil pan and cam housing powder coated blue
Ceramic coated intake manifold and exhaust manifolds
Cold air intake system
Rail mounted fuel pressure gauge
RC Racing 72# peak and hold fuel injectors
3" stainless cat bypass pipe
3" stainless cat-back racing exhaust system with 3.5" tip
Deleted A/C and power steering

wow I guess I can copy and paste from another site too.

Dude WTF ???
Old 03-18-2009, 04:42 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by blown 944
New 2.8 liter 450+ HP turbocharged engine
Adjustable boost control
Cross-drilled, knife-edged, lightened, nitride 88mm crank
Carrillo connecting rods
MAHLE Coated pistons - tops and skirts
Ported and polished, o-ringed head
Wide fire head gasket
Race cam
Race valve springs
Titanium valve retainers
Stage V CM10 T04E Garrett turbine
Large front mounted Fluidyn oil cooler with AN-12 stainless braided lines and Earl's aluminum swivel-seal fittings
Massive Autosport intercooler
2.5" polished boost tubes
46mm TiAL wastegate
50mm TiAL blow-off valve
Fiberglass reinforced hose connections
Power pulley's
Billet alternator mount
Oil pan and cam housing powder coated blue
Ceramic coated intake manifold and exhaust manifolds
Cold air intake system
Rail mounted fuel pressure gauge
RC Racing 72# peak and hold fuel injectors
3" stainless cat bypass pipe
3" stainless cat-back racing exhaust system with 3.5" tip
Deleted A/C and power steering

wow I guess I can post from another site too.

Dude WTF ???
hermmm looks like a number was changed and thats about it. Can we get a reply here guy?
Old 03-18-2009, 05:21 PM
95ONE
Race Car

This is getting a little more interesting. A post by him would be nice.

But. I just see this kind of thing Soooooooo much in my circles. Even the nice guys. Just some want to bust *****, or feel really special when they can't be. Different reasons. But I'm going to keep waiting for some responses from our friend here. he's a long time Rennlister and 951-er. yet almost all his post are for his 930. With a car like he had. I would expect alot more.
Another thing that I noticed was on the time slip it actually had the word Porsche on it!? I've never really seen that. only numbers. Doesn't help.
2. he states clutch was slipping a little. The time and MPH tells me clutch was holding just fine.

Need some defense from our amazing car owner.

P.S. the copy and paste thing... LOL. I think this guy has been called out.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:24 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Detective 333pg333 at your service. lol
That time is probably some 700hp rear engined thing.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Come on guys let's just drop this and leave the BS behind..
Tec III-R and Tial 50 mm BOV back in 98??? LOL!!!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 06:41 PM
dand86951
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Detective 333pg333 at your service. lol
That time is probably some 700hp rear engined thing.
I was going to suggest the same thing that it may say Porsche on the time slip as there are some documented 911s getting into those times, however even a 700HP EVO 996tt was only posting 11.4's with high 120mph on race gas at our strip. So, I was a bit skeptical even though would love to hear of a 951 able to do that.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:10 AM
95ONE
Race Car

ok. Settled. NOT posting it. I'm calling BS
Old 03-19-2009, 03:35 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Some kid on his moms PC...
Old 03-19-2009, 12:50 PM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 168 Posts

GD guys - you sure can be hard on a guy. I had to dig up the TS from the archives and find a photo that was taken on a regular camera- 11 years old. The pic of the car was from a flyer I made when I went to sell the car, The car was in Va and I was in Maryland. The insert was of a car that I had a pic of and was close enough to add to the ad- so its not the same.

The mod list was something I had in an old word file, at this point who cares, not saying I'm perfect, just cannot tell if it was the right one or not but seemed like it was. I own 8 cars, and had more than that at that time. Hey No bodys perfect. I was hoping someone here had the car and could chime in- guess not.

As for all the timeslips this guy this and that guy that I called my buddy and prostreet nut and asked him if he had any pictures of my car at track. He kindly asked why. I told him about the post and a little about the uproar it made and wanted more proof- alittle Oh yeah take that kind of thing.

At this point he starts laughing - I mean really laughing. Want to guess why. The slip I had in his e-mail FROM 2003- was a scan of his slip with the top folded over with my car info on it. Real times- wrong car. He sent it out to his PROSTREET racers to jab them alittle about the "pouchy car" ( I caught alot of crap draging it) being faster than thier 40K drag cars. He then kindly rode me about "you really thought that thing was that fast- come on really" Like reading about all the crap here wasn't bad enough. I cound not find any other slips so I cannot offer what the car did but it was fun car and even recently bought another one.

As for kids PCs- I'm sure my kids are as old as some of you. I had an older renn account and was on the 951 hot and heavy back when membership was free- tired to dig up post I had about my car to provide more but cannot find them.

So the Jokes on me in the end- I guess you can all sleep now- Cheers, Mike

Last edited by notthd; 03-19-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Now that is funny!
glad your cleared that up.
You see, nothing slips past the Rennlist Police (Mafia?).
Old 03-19-2009, 03:32 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by notthd
GD guys - you sure can be hard on a guy. I had to dig up the TS from the archives and find a photo that was taken on a regular camera- 11 years old. The pic of the car was from a flyer I made when I went to sell the car, The car was in Va and I was in Maryland. The insert was of a car that I had a pic of and was close enough to add to the ad- so its not the same.

The mod list was something I had in an old word file, at this point who cares, not saying I'm perfect, just cannot tell if it was the right one or not but seemed like it was. I own 8 cars, and had more than that at that time. Hey No bodys perfect. I was hoping someone here had the car and could chime in- guess not.

As for all the timeslips this guy this and that guy that I called my buddy and prostreet nut and asked him if he had any pictures of my car at track. He kindly asked why. I told him about the post and a little about the uproar it made and wanted more proof- alittle Oh yeah take that kind of thing.

At this point he starts laughing - I mean really laughing. Want to guess why. The slip I had in his e-mail FROM 2003- was a scan of his slip with the top folded over with my car info on it. Real times- wrong car. He sent it out to his PROSTREET racers to jab them alittle about the "pouchy car" ( I caught alot of crap draging it) being faster than thier 40K drag cars. He then kindly rode me about "you really thought that thing was that fast- come on really" Like reading about all the crap here wasn't bad enough. I cound not find any other slips so I cannot offer what the car did but it was fun car and even recently bought another one.

As for kids PCs- I'm sure my kids are as old as some of you. I had an older renn account and was on the 951 hot and heavy back when membership was free- tired to dig up post I had about my car to provide more but cannot find them.

So the Jokes on me in the end- I guess you can all sleep now- Cheers, Mike
You can understand. People running 400-450hp haven't come close to those ET's or traps. Whats the highest trap we have here guys 128-129?

Quick Reply: 1/4 Timeslips. Best 10 on the list? --Video