Old 09-09-2007, 03:37 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
Nice run!

Rogue

Thanks!

Cars fine. Compression and leak down turned up fine. Ide set screw on Throttle body came loose.

I think the leaded fuel may be messing with the wide band at this point. and I feel that is combined with a true lean condition at the higher boost level. Buying an 044 Fuel pump this week.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:08 AM
Diver944
Pro

Fantastic results (and with a 2.06 to 60' too)
Old 09-09-2007, 08:22 AM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep - awesome.
That's a feat with one of these things.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:35 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 95ONE
Here's the link to the Video...I'd say I walked him by about 7? view here

and the time slip. .
122mph makes a quick street car. What kind of power you making? is your sig right on the car's weight?

congrats on the decent leave and the good ET and trap. Nice to see a decent run come outta these cars.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:20 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Here's the link to the Video...I'd say I walked him by about 7? view here

and the time slip. .
great run, the car looks strong on the top end ....it looks like you have had some track time also.....
Old 09-09-2007, 05:53 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Wink

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
great run, the car looks strong on the top end ....it looks like you have had some track time also.....
Yeah... you could say that. ... Toot. Toooot. Sorry for toot'n my own horn here. But you guys gotta understand, I have many leather bound books. My home smells of rich Mahogany. ... People know me! (Man I hope you guys get that joke)

Large trophys are from NOPI drag wars. That was around 1999. I won about three more drag racing trophy's after that. THe Smaller ones are from SCCA. Two Autocross and One random driving event. Funny, the smaller ones mean alot more.

Last edited by 95ONE; 09-09-2007 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:52 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
122mph makes a quick street car. What kind of power you making? is your sig right on the car's weight?

congrats on the decent leave and the good ET and trap. Nice to see a decent run come outta these cars.
Ya know, I have no idea how much power I'm making. Actually, with some formulas taking in weight consideraton and mph in the quarter. It says that I'm making somewhere around 350 to the wheels. I have some tuning to do though. I think my pump is out of energy at that power. 21yr old stock pump?! and the Air Fuel curves are killing my boost response. The timing maps (Stock computers ability.) need some help, but I'm not sure if that fix will be attended to any time soon. It just takes forever to get going in first while building boost. and when I shift, it just falls on it's face. It's not until the top of second and third when it keeps powering through, which is why it doesn't start to really move until half track.

No offense, but there is definate improvement to be made with this time. At 123 MPH I should be at Low elevens. In my NSX I was getting Consisitent 11.5's at 119mph. .. If I get the fueling and timing issues out of the way. quicker time slips will be had. I'm confident 1.7 60's are in order when I get used to that damn sticky clutch. It went way lean on that run. (Up top) I'm sure the pump will fix that. It's about 40hp down. Once I get the pump on. Log a few more runs. Get with Russell on the logs and have the fuel maps fixed. I'll do One more run and should hit around 130mph with low elevens. SHould be tens, but my hopes arent that high. (There will be a 50 shot of nitrous for that) THenn.... I will go to a few DE events. (No nitrous) I don't want to beat on the motor there, until I get the tuning worked out. which 1/4 miling is helping out tons.
yes. That is certainly my cars weight. A ridiculous amount of time and energy has been spent on losing every ounce I can find. Money and PCA rules are keeping me from wanting to take any more weight off. It seems the class i might race the car in has a minimum of 2500 with driver. If I add safety equipment. (Cage and Fire) I will be right around that weight. So, there's no real point in doing much more. (I can't help it and will probably take a few more pounds off as I continue. Did you know the sun roof cover weighs 12lbs!?)
Old 09-09-2007, 10:12 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 607 Posts

Bruce,

I need some coaching on launching. Planning on doing the TX mile next month
Old 09-09-2007, 10:20 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by eclou
Bruce,

I need some coaching on launching. Planning on doing the TX mile next month
SWEET.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:37 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Ya know, I have no idea how much power I'm making. Actually, with some formulas taking in weight consideraton and mph in the quarter. It says that I'm making somewhere around 350 to the wheels. I have some tuning to do though. I think my pump is out of energy at that power. 21yr old stock pump?! and the Air Fuel curves are killing my boost response. The timing maps (Stock computers ability.) need some help, but I'm not sure if that fix will be attended to any time soon. It just takes forever to get going in first while building boost. and when I shift, it just falls on it's face. It's not until the top of second and third when it keeps powering through, which is why it doesn't start to really move until half track.

No offense, but there is definate improvement to be made with this time. At 123 MPH I should be at Low elevens. In my NSX I was getting Consisitent 11.5's at 119mph. .. If I get the fueling and timing issues out of the way. quicker time slips will be had. I'm confident 1.7 60's are in order when I get used to that damn sticky clutch. It went way lean on that run. (Up top) I'm sure the pump will fix that. It's about 40hp down. Once I get the pump on. Log a few more runs. Get with Russell on the logs and have the fuel maps fixed. I'll do One more run and should hit around 130mph with low elevens. SHould be tens, but my hopes arent that high. (There will be a 50 shot of nitrous for that) THenn.... I will go to a few DE events. (No nitrous) I don't want to beat on the motor there, until I get the tuning worked out. which 1/4 miling is helping out tons.
yes. That is certainly my cars weight. A ridiculous amount of time and energy has been spent on losing every ounce I can find. Money and PCA rules are keeping me from wanting to take any more weight off. It seems the class i might race the car in has a minimum of 2500 with driver. If I add safety equipment. (Cage and Fire) I will be right around that weight. So, there's no real point in doing much more. (I can't help it and will probably take a few more pounds off as I continue. Did you know the sun roof cover weighs 12lbs!?)

that NSX had a lot of NOS
Old 09-09-2007, 11:24 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
that NSX had a lot of NOS
200shot. Nitrous has always been my Staple. Firends can't beleive I haven't put it on this car yet. But that's why it always works for me. Car has to be solid without it first. safety catches installed, etc.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:58 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Yes I realize a much quicker ET is possible with that trap. Its just most of us don't run the correct rubber needed or want to break too much. I was breaking cv's at 2.0 60's. Sure I could have gone back with some dr's low tire pressure and got in the 1's but, I wasn't sure if everything would hold up.

Since you dont care and are upgrading the car as you go anyways it will be fun to see you put on some stickies and get a real good ET outta it. Alot of people around here seem to think its impossible and it really isint its just about cost/gain. Regardless all i've ever cared about was trap speed since on the street that translates alot better.

If you can get your power sorted and pull a 130mph trap i'll be alot happier than if you pull a 10sec pass. Either way thanks for pushing our cars to the limit and showing it can be done. At 130mph there won't be too much you can't take. Only big power cars pull higher traps than that.

Seeing a 951 with 130 or better in traps should be everyone's goal. I hope you are the first to do it. Thanks so much for sharing proper video of your run and the timeslip. You and I being at sea level really helps. Well houston is below a little I think depending on what track you are at. We get the best times and traps outta anyone in the country.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:35 AM
95ONE
Race Car

You know.. I think the tranny brace I made is really doing the trick. I will find out soon enough. I've tried to break it on purpose this past outing. The car just bogs and doesn't give enough oomph to really do it. Although it broke Waaaaay easier first time out. I don't have actual slicks, but the tires that are on there are the Nitto NT555r drag tires. the only thing that's limiting my 60's at this point is the lack of low end grunt. I pop the clutch and they just bog the motor. (Revving to 5K) So.. I still haven't gotten a hard core launch out of it. which is where a big 3liter would make a difference.
yep. I'm going to concentrate on the trap speed mostly though. Thats my focus. (Well tuned chip all the way through the power band)
94 deg temps and 90%humidity doesn't help.. But on a cool winter day.... Nothing faster.
Stock barn door .. Stock AFM. This is going away soon after I change the Fuel pump. I want to get the fuel straightened out.. Then Dyno... Then change the meter to MAF. I'm dying to see the difference in spool with each on this old school turbo. I figure the difference will be bigger on this slow spooling turbo than on something like a ball bearing, and the MAF will really prove it's worth or prove not worth the cost. I'm betting on the first option. Then Cams. Then I'll make a custom intake manifold. Dyno for each.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Tms951
Pro

[QUOTE=95ONE;4554970]11.987.... Barely there. But there.QUOTE]

Good Job, glad to see some one got there. I am hoping to get back out there in October and see if I can do any better than befor in cooler weather.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:28 AM
Markus951
Racer

Hey

Here is my promised video of 12.0 sec run...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZd4BpSiuxI

+ another vid from event.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2C3pcfBT9E

Markus

Quick Reply: 1/4 Timeslips. Best 10 on the list? --Video