Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your 924/944 today

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 01:28 AM
Chunkerz
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed my NA-Tune, primed/painted the "hats" on my brake rotors, disassembled, cleaned/degreased, and primed my brake calipers. The bastards at NAPA Auto Parts sold me a can of paint with no propellant in it, so I couldn't paint my calipers Hopefully my caliper rebuild kits will be here tomorrow so I can put my calipers back together and take this car on its epic first journey around the block. I still need get my O2 sensor threads repaired and cut my cat off so I can get my chambered muffler welded on.

Anyone in my area willing to fix my O2 sensor threads and weld this thing for me? I am prepared to pay handsomely...
Old 05-10-2013, 08:47 AM
ZR8ED
Three Wheelin'

Wheel bearings are installed! Just in time too. They were in need of change. Should be much smoother driving. Maybe the car will get better mileage with the fresh bearings and grease too! I'm glad I farmed this work out, there was no way in heck I would have been able to do the rears on my own at home. They were original bearings and had never been apart that we could tell. (I stopped by the shop for a good close look at the work).
Old 05-10-2013, 10:59 PM
gpadilla1071
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the wheels balanced and problem solved . Now to find a good body shop and get the paint job going. In the mean time I have to get my hatch back to open again.

BTW, has anyone have used sea foam on their cars? I was thinking in using it, but I'm a little skeptic...
Old 05-11-2013, 03:53 AM
Chunkerz
Rennlist Member

Put the last coat of paint on my calipers, rebuilt them, and installed them on my car with all new rotors, hardware, wear sensors, stainless steel lines, and brake pads.

Painting them was kind of pointless since most of it got chipped off when I reassembled them
Old 05-11-2013, 04:35 AM
fred27
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alignment and corner balance done today.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:34 AM
szabon
Racer

got the car back together after breaking a bolt in the camshaft cover. took it for a spin and it is running great! then it started overheating. coolant level is fine, does not seem to need a bleeding. looking into the thermostat and the fans.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:41 AM
morghen
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Replaced the sun decolored upper rear seat section with a brand new looking one.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:18 AM
Chunkerz
Rennlist Member

Wasted half a can of perfectly good brake fluid
Old 05-13-2013, 01:48 PM
Arominus
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chunkerz
Wasted half a can of perfectly good brake fluid
Is that all? hell i blew through 3 liters of fluid bleeding the clutch/brakes last time around with my pressure bleeder and it still isn't perfect :P
Old 05-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Arominus
Race Car

Pending for this weekend: swapping my stock 944S transaxle for the one from my 924S, shorter 1-4 gearing here i come! Final drive and 5th are the same.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Chunkerz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Arominus
Is that all? hell i blew through 3 liters of fluid bleeding the clutch/brakes last time around with my pressure bleeder and it still isn't perfect :P
My rear brake lines got clogged again so I tried to remove my Power Bleeder so I could relieve pressure from the system and unscrew the line without spaying fluid everywhere. I unscrewed the adapter from the reservoir and ended up spraying brake fluid everywhere because my dumb *** forgot to unscrew the lid of my Power Bleeder to let the air out. For some reason I couldn't get the adapter to screw back on and wasted my ATE brake fluid that I can't get anywhere around here. Now I have to order it and wait another week to drive this car

I told all the ladies in my class that I have a Porsche and they're begging to see it, but at this rate I won't have it on the road by the end of the smester :
Old 05-13-2013, 02:47 PM
princej
Advanced

I tried to take my kids yesterday to a mothers day family thing.

we had alot of rain in MTL, and guess what Car would not start. just kept cranking.

opened the hood, looks fine, on a hunch sprayed WD 40 on wires, dist cap.

and guess what, she started right up. I guess my Beru wires changed by the P.O are older than I thought.

long story short, it didnt act up again.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:48 PM
Arominus
Race Car

Originally Posted by Chunkerz
My rear brake lines got clogged again so I tried to remove my Power Bleeder so I could relieve pressure from the system and unscrew the line without spaying fluid everywhere. I unscrewed the adapter from the reservoir and ended up spraying brake fluid everywhere because my dumb *** forgot to unscrew the lid of my Power Bleeder to let the air out. For some reason I couldn't get the adapter to screw back on and wasted my ATE brake fluid that I can't get anywhere around here. Now I have to order it and wait another week to drive this car

I told all the ladies in my class that I have a Porsche and they're begging to see it, but at this rate I won't have it on the road by the end of the smester :
Oooooohh i follow you. That does suck, but hell if the ladies are that interested just get some numbers and offer rides individually. Its more of an "in" than you might think.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Chunkerz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Arominus
Oooooohh i follow you. That does suck, but hell if the ladies are that interested just get some numbers and offer rides individually. Its more of an "in" than you might think.
I never thought of that for some reason..

I order 2 liters of ATE Super Blue brake fluid and found some brake fluid that I forgot to clean up last night. It vaporized the paint on my cam tower and now it looks like ****

All of that hard work for nothing
Old 05-13-2013, 10:08 PM
Arominus
Race Car

Ah you'll be alright, do some touch up and run with it. Most people won't notice it. I did the same thing on my intake when I changed out my master cyl. haha it sucks but you cant do much... You could mask off the area and respray if your hardcore about it.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 924/944 today