Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are some Rock-esque moves you've pulled?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 08:32 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UDPride
"Man Mr. What happened to your car?" "Your driveway is awesome." "My dad says your dog barks too much." "My sister wants you to quit staring at her in her bedroom." "Have you ever skateboarded down this." "Why did you drive your car into the wall."

That's AWESOME UD!
Old 12-14-2004, 08:44 PM
pearldrum944
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 14 Posts

"My sister wants you to quit staring at her in her bedroom." "Why did you drive your car into the wall."
Old 12-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I think UDPride is really Batman. I mean Adam West.

Another INSTANT classic by Ohio's own....
Old 12-14-2004, 08:55 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

classic! UD that was freakin halarious. makes my stories look like ****.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:56 PM
nine-44
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, should I?>?!

What's your flavor? the angry drunken moments, the stupid drunken moments, close calls, stupid, really stupid, why are you still alive, I didn't expect that to happen?

Ok, so, I walk up to the counter at a quicky store with my buddie's sister and 14 dozen eggs. The clerk gives me an odd look and asked what I was doing with all these eggs. I replied, I like omlets. It was ON from that point.

Another, Easter nite, me and 2 friends following another friend and 3 people in his car. Yeah, Easter candy wars on the road including a half gallon of chocolate milk getting launced at us. The extent was mainly just crossfire between the two cars, no innocent victims this time. I pull up behind my buddie at a redlight , he throws it in reverse and rolls back a little, I pull up andf bump him, he hits reverse and pushes me bach a little, I floor it and push him to the far side of the redlight and proceed to back up to wait for the light to turn green. He get's out of his car at the other side and yells WTF was that, I lean out the window and yell to him, "I'm waiting for the light" At this point the light turns green and I floor it towards him standing in the road.

Remember, I've never hurt anyone but myself as a result of my idiocity and drinking.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:06 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

I was at a CBS video shoot with one of my best frients, Pat, It all started at 6 am. by 12 pm the pitchers of martini's began appearing gratis from the Yacht club's bar. This was for a "Special Peoples" cruise where the yacht owners would all take out 30 or 40 kids with disabilities out for a river cruise.

A very worthwhile event to donate time to..

at the shoot points, Pat was on a peninsula, while I was more inland a bit downstream. On the radio I said "Nice gig- Mmmmmartini's". he said "Yeah- wait"

The shoot finished up at 7 pm, as the sun set and the 4 pitchers of martini's I had consumed ...

(gasp)I realized I was FAR too drunk to drive (No matter how watered down the lower shelf gin was.)

SO I let Pat drive. 3 bars later the entire side of my 88 Mustang GT drop top was gone. flat.

It was amazing we only hit a post.

Dont drive drunk. EVER.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:15 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ok ready...so i had this 69 firebird..400+ horsepower, posi twelve bolt, everything, rev limiter, msd full ignition..fast. I drove it out to west alexandria to my ex-g/f's dad's house and was headed home about midnite. So this is a real long, straight road into town before i start heading south and its dark, kinda hilly but very straight. This mustang gt comes flying past me and the guy in the passenger seat waves.....hmmm.

So i drop it down into number "2" - auto- and floor it. The mustang comes up to me pretty quickly and i get in the left lane to pass when the rev limiter starts taunting me. So i pop it into "D" and stay on it pretty hard but the mustang shifts and stays right next to me. By this time we are well over a hundred and since my gear is ...a 4:11 my car doesnt like this and im thinking " why is the rev limiter hitting so low?" I glance at the switch to adjust the limiter and no wonder its set at like 5000rpm. So i reach across the car ...yeah at 100, not too smart...and flip it up to like 7600rpm and she takes off like a shot of nitrous.

The mustang starts to lag back since im pulling pretty hard and next thing you know hes at my rear bumper. I look back to see his headlights behind me and when i look back up...the sky...thats pretty much all i could see.....at night, windows down, about 120mph based on the tach since my speedo wasnt hooked up..resto process and all. Whats 7500rpm w/ 4:11 gear translate too in third gear w/ a 400 trans? Anyway, it seems i had hit a hill that at 50mph would make you get a feeling in your stomach and at upwards of a hundy just make you fly. You think alot more than you would...think when your going that fast...i thought, im going to die...im going into a corn field w/ cows and pigs and mud and all that. The next thing was a large shower of sparks as the hooker headers began scraping the ground when the big block springs bottomed out on the pavement. I watched the tach jump from 7500rpm to about 9000rpm then to zero....The car landed perfectly straight. The engine had died from the repeated revlimiter hits. I didnt know i thought i had killed my car. I popped it into neutral and reached to start it again. When i hit the next hill- yes theres more- i was still upwards of 80mph just rolling. The front end came off the ground and slammed back down to the earth with a harsh slam. I cranked it, it sputtered, started and began to idle, all this still at prob. 65mph. As i reached up to pull it back into "D", i noticed the church entrance sign...then the double stop signs, but not until after i went through them..still over 50mph. I about crapped myself. After slowing to the speed limit, legs shaking, i remembered to look back for the gt behind me, but i never did see him. He prob. said f- that guy and stopped. I nervously cruised a few blocks up and pulled under a street light to see what kind of damage i had....Well, nothing!!! Some scrapes on the header flanges and a ATF smell. The rest of the ride home, another 50 miles i was doing less than the speed limit and had a small adreniline rush...small...little, very little.Ok like crack actually... scary. The best thing is when i got back to my house i found out that her cat had stuck its babies behind the seat of the car...they had an interesting ride!!! INteresting indeed.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:20 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

140+ mph. 944fest 03. crazy fast and gettin passed like I was standing still by a 928S4GT. Damn.....
Old 12-14-2004, 09:20 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Okay, my stupid #2

This august, i was driving the 944, with bald rear tires, but not quite as bad as Rock's, with my GF in the passenger seat and my 6'1 friend in the back seat behind her. We were off to six flags, unfortunately it was raining of course.

Anyway, we set off, we had to stop off the first exit after getting on the mass pike from 146, to go to a AAA to get a discount ticket for my gf, because me and my friend have season passes. So we are getting back on, it is a two lane on ramp, for some reaosn I am not sure. I go by a pickup truck going about 30 in the left lane before the onramp turns, and hit the turn, which was downhill going in, and uphill going out with the valley in the middle of it. I had JUST gotten by the truck when the turn came and I thought to myself, ****, I'm probably going a little too fast for this wiht what I know of my tires (a good thing to check yourself in parkinglots every once in a while to know your limits, as I have). I hit the turn, my gf, my friend, and I go completely silent as the backend of my car kicks out into the left lane (this was a right hand bend by the way) just clearing the pickup truck that was to my left before. It was literally a 3-5 second drift, taking up both lanes, all teh way until the road straightened out again, luckily, my instincts caused me to control it perfectly, countersteering, giving throttle, etc.. until i got it straight again. There was a grass slope on either side of the ramp going down to the woods, and a good curb before, so the result probably would've been us tumbling over and over down the hill. We all were silent for about 5 seconds until my friend uttered, "holy ****". I really wish I could've seen teh guy behind me's face! Anyway, I contribute my car being saved and possibly our lives to me drifting the volvo 740 turbo wagon around in the winter all the time, where I learned my car control. I'm terribly scared of wet on ramps even when I'm a passenger now.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:36 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

I was seventeen and going to a friend's birthday party. I was going to pick up a cute girl and take her there. My dad let me take his '74 911.

I picked up the girl and we were off. I decided to convince her that I had a large ***** by winding the car out. I missed a shift. $6,379.13 later (in 1992 dollars), the car had a 3.0 SC engine in it...

Come to think of it, I did that exactly 13 years ago tonight!

BB.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:36 PM
Dales944
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of us want to retire to stud and go out in a blaze of glory. I was gonna die in a 88 Samauri JX without ever leaving my friggin driveway.
UD, you wordsmither you, you've done it again. You are the most entertaining person on this board.

On a different note - where in Dayton is that? I lived there for seven years and the only hill I saw was a speed-bump (except Wayne Ave, but I KNOW your shack is nowhere near Wayne).
Old 12-14-2004, 09:38 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

This is a great thread.
Since we're having this trip down memory lane, I found a couple pics of my old cars.

This was my first car. A 1968 Mustang fastback. 289 with a Holley 4bbl, Crane cam, Hooker headers, and of course, Cragar S/S wheels with Kelly Super Charger tires. Oh yeah, rear air shocks. It was the 70's, you had to have air shocks!

This is the 1977 Z28 that couldn't keep it's u-joints together. Again with air shocks, I see a trend here.

Old 12-14-2004, 09:47 PM
Dales944
Burning Brakes

Pete, you were/are the man... Please tell me you had the 'fro that I saw in your video when you were driving those cars! In order to complete the mental images of your tales, I have to know the years of that bush on your head...
Old 12-14-2004, 09:49 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

Pete, did they ever fix that sidewalk?

BB.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:49 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BeerBurner
I was seventeen and going to a friend's birthday party. I was going to pick up a cute girl and take her there. My dad let me take his '74 911.

I picked up the girl and we were off. I decided to convince her that I had a large ***** by winding the car out. I missed a shift. $6,379.13 later (in 1992 dollars), the car had a 3.0 SC engine in it...

Come to think of it, I did that exactly 13 years ago tonight!

BB.
The ***** comment is perfect

Quick Reply: What are some Rock-esque moves you've pulled?