Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Cobb Tuning Accessport for 718 (982) 4.0L NA Engines

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2023, 10:28 PM
chapmans
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 117 Posts

I mean the old 991.1 power kit motors made 430 with less displacement and RPM. The 4.0L seems clearly held back to stop it treding too close to the GT3 motor
The following 2 users liked this post by chapmans:
MendraSlife (07-05-2024), TDT (03-18-2023)
Old 07-28-2023, 12:01 PM
G-forceGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Cobb AP for 🇨🇦 GT4's

Originally Posted by PJ_GT4
So, as you know the Cobb Tune for 718 GT4 isn't available for non US cars. Can't even buy the relevant AP in the UK.

However, these figures really intrigued me ... one of things I felt that was missing with the GT4 was that 'race to the redline' feeling. The power band is quite flat (not a terrible thing with the torque always there), but when I saw the above dyno charts (both Cobb and the OPs) - it was noticable more torque throughout and a more aggressive pull to the redline.

I reached out to Cobb Support and asked about whether it would come to the UK / World Market - he basically explained it wasn't on the cards right now but if I bought the right model of AP from the US, he'd get the maps tweaked to work on a UK spec car - they expected it to work / produce similar power to the above (other UK cars have already done it).

Got the AP, hooked the car up to a battery charger, went to install - didn't work - but I took a screenshot of what it showed (basically my cars ROM ID I presume) - sent it to them, they created the maps and sent them back.
Added the maps to the AP, went out again and this time it was smooth sailing.

Got it running on the stage 1 93 / 98 octane map.

Haven't had it dyno'd yet - will potentially do some tweaks, get a pro tune and a dyno - but it does seem to pull harder, especially at the top end of the powerband. Think there was more torque lower down too.

If the whp gains are genuine - it's a bargain for the price.
Makes me wonder if Porsche didn't just detune the GTS but also the 718 GT4 to avoid it competing too heavily with GT3 / GT4 RS.
That'd explain why both make silly power gains on this tune.
Anyone know if Cobb AP compatible with 🇨🇦Canadian GT4's?
I've had AP's for past cars (911's) & didn't have any issues with loading MAPS, however the 718's ECU is from different mfg than my previous Porsches
Also my car is manual, with Akra exhaust & OAP extras.
How would the car run with an OTS Cobb tune? Would I require ProTune, using primarily 93 or 94 oct pump gas in 🇨🇦
Thanks,
Bruce K
Ontario 🇨🇦
Old 07-31-2023, 05:13 PM
G-forceGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts

Jared from Cobb tuning kindly reached out to me & said the CDN market & US market vehicles are compatible with the AP.
The Euro/UK spec cars have particulate filter monitoring on the ECU programming which makes them require a custom setup.
The following 2 users liked this post by G-forceGT4:
c1pher (10-29-2023), CDACH (08-01-2023)
Old 10-29-2023, 12:28 AM
c1pher
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 441 Posts

Any new news on this front after APR posted their tune?
Old 07-05-2024, 01:49 PM
Roller12
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DC021
I’m currently running my car with Soul Catted Headers and Soul OAPs with the factory rear section on the COBB OTS “Stage 1” calibration.

Throttle response it buttery smooth, power delivery feels very linear and I have not experienced any issues with the COBB AP in general.

The high resolution Data Logging works very well and doesn’t require me to strap my expensive laptop down in the passenger seat like my previous tuning suite required.

For those on the fence: just do it! A Cobb AP + Custom Calibration from your local tuner (or BGB) is still cheaper than other offerings of it’s caliber from other tuners.

Hi ! DC021 I want to do Accessport to my BGTS 2022. I want BMC filters. My OAP are already particulate filter gutted. Do you have the custom calibration + Accessport or Accessport only? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Cobb Tuning Accessport for 718 (982) 4.0L NA Engines