Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2022, 08:16 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 1,284 Posts

Originally Posted by jd-woodlands
Talked with my dealer this week, sounds like I have a fair shot at getting an allocation - only because I would be trading in my ‘21 GT4. They offered to buy it back (GT4) at MSRP and sell me the RS at MSRP… so do I really want to do this if I get the call? My build clocks in at $189k, roughly $65k over my current GT4, do we all think it’s worth it?

it would be my daily driver, but I only rack up 3k - 4k miles a year.
If you comfortably have the coin, I absolutely would, It is likely the best incarnation of the cayman ICE platform that will ever exist. That sounds pretty dope to me. Like Bob Z, my ultimate dream-car would be a similarly engined spyder (rs); I would spend the $189 to get that, and that would not be chump change for me, by any stretch. But it's basically the best incarnation of that platform that will (likely) ever exist. And it is SUCH on oh-so-good platform. Or sell it for bank. lol A non-ADM gt4rs is an insane windfall.

A very special car; a forever car for me, for sure.

Now whether it sucks as a DD for you...I assume the roads around Woodlands are decent, and there are some epic Hill Country drives just West of you. But life (ie roads) in and around Houston might suck and put your car in mortal danger. lol

Last edited by Adrift; 01-18-2022 at 08:21 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Adrift:
G.Irish (01-18-2022), KLCC 88 (01-18-2022), TripleL (01-19-2022)
Old 01-18-2022, 08:18 PM
Mojonito
Burning Brakes

Received 478 Likes on 241 Posts

Got my allocation. No adm. just figuring out paint to sample and will put order in. Good luck to everyone.
The following 7 users liked this post by Mojonito:
G.Irish (01-18-2022), josephr25 (01-18-2022), KLCC 88 (01-18-2022), Mdiesel64 (01-18-2022), Mike981S (01-19-2024), TripleL (01-19-2022), Vgj (01-19-2022) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-18-2022, 08:25 PM
Mdiesel64
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Mojonito
Got my allocation. No adm. just figuring out paint to sample and will put order in. Good luck to everyone.
Location? Wondering if there is some proof to present that other dealers will honor a lower ADM. Wishful thinking..
Old 01-18-2022, 08:33 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 918 Posts

It's great dealer are starting to reach out to sell the 4RS and some even at MSRP .....but....don't say you got an allocation if you don't have a commission number tied to your build. If you do, even better and please mention it.
As of now, you can get a commitment (verbal and/or written) from the dealer to sell you one of the first spots as they run down their list of potential customers, but as far as I know the allocations are not open yet.
My order is IN on PAG system since the day after the launch, dealer received 3 build slots (one of them is mine) end of December but no commission number or configuration tied to an actual open allocation....still waiting.
They can input your build into PAG system but it's not necessarily tied to a build slot/allocation. I only say this just so we all know when PAG actually provides dealers the allocations and how many.......
Anyway....congrats for those getting their dealers to commit to sell you a GT4RS.
The following 2 users liked this post by jmartpr:
KLCC 88 (01-18-2022), Knutsm01 (01-18-2022)
Old 01-18-2022, 08:35 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Yeah, I consider anything anyone says as entirely speculative until I see a commission number. :-P (Not that what I think matters at all)

Even then, awaiting delivery, you may get classified as an Exporter and booted! It appears to be a thing.

Last edited by Adrift; 01-18-2022 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-18-2022, 08:36 PM
Flatspot
AutoX

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Regular dealer deal

Originally Posted by pfbz
Location? PCNA? US? Canada? Other?

ADM?
All I am going to say is it is a regular USA dealership that plays the business straight up. MSRP deal, no ADM. That was my contract when I put my money down and they are standing by it. Keep in mind at that point in time the manufacturer said it wasn’t ever going to happen. I speculated they would and they did. I am a very happy person. I don’t care what you “can get” for the car. I plan to drive the Hell out of it. Maybe my grandkids will unload it, stand by.
The following 2 users liked this post by Flatspot:
Mike981S (01-19-2024), ronbauer (01-19-2022)
Old 01-18-2022, 08:38 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flatspot
All I am going to say is it is a regular USA dealership that plays the business straight up. MSRP deal, no ADM. That was my contract when I put my money down and they are standing by it. Keep in mind at that point in time the manufacturer said it wasn’t ever going to happen. I speculated they would and they did. I am a very happy person. I don’t care what you “can get” for the car. I plan to drive the Hell out of it. Maybe my grandkids will unload it, stand by.
The dealer signed a contract with you before the car was announced, to provide YOU first car they got (or whatever number in line you were)? I didn't know you could do that. Is that...normal?
Old 01-18-2022, 08:41 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,434 Likes on 2,348 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrift
Yeah, I consider anything anyone says as entirely speculative until I see a commission number. :-P (Not that what I think matters at all)

Even then, awaiting delivery, you may get classified as an Exporter and booted! It appears to be a thing.
Good job - glad to see someone get one the way it is supposed to be! I love my Spyder but if I could one at MSRP for my wife I would, even if she had to wait a few years.
Old 01-18-2022, 08:43 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrift
The dealer signed a contract with you before the car was announced, to provide YOU first car they got (or whatever number in line you were)? I didn't know you could do that. Is that...normal?
At my dealer, high demand/future model lists are created years in advanced (no contract or deposit).......but the GT4RS was only populated by several hard core Cayman track rats, juts in case it happened!
Old 01-18-2022, 08:52 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,802 Likes on 902 Posts

Congrats to everyone getting calls.
Quiet around here.... 🥺
Old 01-18-2022, 09:26 PM
Mojonito
Burning Brakes

Received 478 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdiesel64
Location? Wondering if there is some proof to present that other dealers will honor a lower ADM. Wishful thinking..
grapevine Porsche. No dealer is going to give proof of what was paid but their store policy is no adm on new cars. I’ve bought from several dealers in texas and these guys are hands down my favorite. So much so I’ve worked with them on several Pcars in the last two years despite them being 7 hours away (no dealers closer than four hours). They’ve even shipped me their cars to display at events on their penny. I can’t speak highly enough of them. My guy is mike and I highly recommend him. While I believe the rs cars have been spoken for for a while it never hurts to ask. They sell all new cars at msrp. Used cars are a different ball game (“market pricing”). Pm if you have other questions. I am not a paid shill, just really like these guys after my other experiences In texas.
The following 3 users liked this post by Mojonito:
KLCC 88 (01-18-2022), MechEngr1287 (01-19-2022), scottmesenbrink (01-23-2022)
Old 01-18-2022, 09:39 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,362 Likes on 829 Posts

Originally Posted by Mojonito
grapevine Porsche. No dealer is going to give proof of what was paid but their store policy is no adm on new cars. I’ve bought from several dealers in texas and these guys are hands down my favorite. So much so I’ve worked with them on several Pcars in the last two years despite them being 7 hours away (no dealers closer than four hours). They’ve even shipped me their cars to display at events on their penny. I can’t speak highly enough of them. My guy is mike and I highly recommend him. While I believe the rs cars have been spoken for for a while it never hurts to ask. They sell all new cars at msrp. Used cars are a different ball game (“market pricing”). Pm if you have other questions. I am not a paid shill, just really like these guys after my other experiences In texas.
Yup, the Schnitzer legacy continues. Same as when he owned all the other ParkPace dealerships. Grapewne used to have the ParkPlace moniker in their name. Say hi to Jason in parts. He'll shoot you straight. But his taste in German food restaurants sucks.
The following users liked this post:
Mojonito (01-18-2022)
Old 01-18-2022, 09:43 PM
josephr25
Burning Brakes

Received 628 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by jd-woodlands
Talked with my dealer this week, sounds like I have a fair shot at getting an allocation - only because I would be trading in my ‘21 GT4. They offered to buy it back (GT4) at MSRP and sell me the RS at MSRP… so do I really want to do this if I get the call? My build clocks in at $189k, roughly $65k over my current GT4, do we all think it’s worth it?

it would be my daily driver, but I only rack up 3k - 4k miles a year.
I would love that deal, but my build would be much less expensive
Old 01-18-2022, 09:52 PM
steve0827
Burning Brakes

Received 146 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
It's great dealer are starting to reach out to sell the 4RS and some even at MSRP .....but....don't say you got an allocation if you don't have a commission number tied to your build. If you do, even better and please mention it.
As of now, you can get a commitment (verbal and/or written) from the dealer to sell you one of the first spots as they run down their list of potential customers, but as far as I know the allocations are not open yet.
My order is IN on PAG system since the day after the launch, dealer received 3 build slots (one of them is mine) end of December but no commission number or configuration tied to an actual open allocation....still waiting.
They can input your build into PAG system but it's not necessarily tied to a build slot/allocation. I only say this just so we all know when PAG actually provides dealers the allocations and how many.......
Anyway....congrats for those getting their dealers to commit to sell you a GT4RS.
Agreed - but for clarity, commission number doesn't mean anything on its own. I've had a commission number since I submitted my build the day after announcement but it's a V070 build status. My understanding is that once the build code changes (to something that isn't bad lol) that's the indicator it's all official.
Old 01-18-2022, 10:07 PM
Knutsm01
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by steve0827
Agreed - but for clarity, commission number doesn't mean anything on its own. I've had a commission number since I submitted my build the day after announcement but it's a V070 build status. My understanding is that once the build code changes (to something that isn't bad lol) that's the indicator it's all official.
V200
The following 2 users liked this post by Knutsm01:
AlexCeres (01-18-2022), jmartpr (01-18-2022)

Quick Reply: GT4 RS Allocation Thread