Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2023, 01:01 AM
momo360
Racer

Received 207 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Prime
What's up with all these USA dealer spec PTS cars?

I thought the whole point of a PTS car was it is a super special color to the individual owner that is outside of the standard color offering.

It seems sad to me it became another margin maker for dealers who couldn't get their 100k ADM's so they just went ahead with it anyway and hope some buyer picks it up on the back of it being cool and rare rather than something special to them.
They literally were so stubborn with their ADM price that it came time to lock the car's build and instead of lowering the ADM to market price for one of their many customers on a long list,
then just went nah, f it, f the list and our other customers, order it Sales Manager PTS green.
It’s because of the supposed rarity and resale value. If you think your car is a collector’s item worth $300k what’s an extra $12k for PTS.
Old 03-22-2023, 01:28 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,070 Likes on 2,326 Posts

I thought the whole point of a PTS car was it is a super special color to the individual owner that is outside of the standard color offering.

It seems sad to me it became another margin maker for dealers who couldn't get their 100k ADM's so they just went ahead with it anyway and hope some buyer picks it up on the back of it being cool and rare rather than something special to them.
They literally were so stubborn with their ADM price that it came time to lock the car's build and instead of lowering the ADM to market price for one of their many customers on a long list,
then just went nah, f it, f the list and our other customers, order it Sales Manager PTS green.
Yeah, that's the most annoying part of what stealers do. If they can't give the allocation to an actual buyer, that dealer should lose that allocation because PCNA/PAG knows very well that all GT4RS would sell around MSRP. Stealers being stealers unfortunately.
Old 03-22-2023, 07:20 AM
ilovegt
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 34 Posts

Does anyone have any idea what the most recent ADM stealers are asking in So.Cal,?
Old 03-22-2023, 12:23 PM
Regul8415
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ilovegt
Does anyone have any idea what the most recent ADM stealers are asking in So.Cal,?
called a few last month and most of them want at least 75K+
Old 03-22-2023, 12:25 PM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 372 Likes on 212 Posts

Yea, the Cali stores I work with at this point that have allocations left/coming are around 70k over.
(813) 838-8758
The following users liked this post:
0-Day (03-22-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 12:45 PM
BabyNSX
Rennlist Member

Received 666 Likes on 248 Posts

If production numbers for the RS increase in 2024 due to lack of production of the base GT4 and Spyder I can see there being plenty more allocations being available then people willing to pay a significant (or any) ADM for. These cars are already starting to collect dust on dealer showroom floors due to people backing out of orders and stealerships not backing down (yet) from yesterdays market conditions.
The following 4 users liked this post by BabyNSX:
cooler2442 (03-22-2023), maschinetheist (03-23-2023), usctrojanGT3 (03-22-2023), very green R (03-22-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 01:05 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,561 Likes on 830 Posts

Originally Posted by BabyNSX
If production numbers for the RS increase in 2024 due to lack of production of the base GT4 and Spyder I can see there being plenty more allocations being available then people willing to pay a significant (or any) ADM for. These cars are already starting to collect dust on dealer showroom floors due to people backing out of orders and stealerships not backing down (yet) from yesterdays market conditions.
100%. This is basically what I'm seeing today already:

-Dealers "ordered" allocations on their own and selected PTS/big options because they couldn't find anyone to take them at 100k over. Now there's probably about a dozen different GT4RS's coming to SoCal dealers in the next 30-90days that are asking 65-75k over including so called PTS unicorns but they know even those can't command 100k+.
-Not many open allocations left but those that are left they're asking 70k+ as well.

Porsche is stopping GT4/Spyder allocations to prioritize the GT4RS and the upcoming RS Spyder. If you look at production data on the GT4/Spyder they were making about 1000-1800 of those per year for America which should now be shifted towards the 4RS/RS Spyder.
Old 03-22-2023, 01:11 PM
Arroqueno
Rennlist Member

Received 116 Likes on 52 Posts

Data point: Salesperson at Porsche SD is asking for $80k over on a PTS GT4RS ($221k MSRP), making the car just a hair over $300k. Gorgeous car, but crazy pricing.
Old 03-22-2023, 01:36 PM
rj2014
Racer

Received 173 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Arroqueno
Data point: Salesperson at Porsche SD is asking for $80k over on a PTS GT4RS ($221k MSRP), making the car just a hair over $300k. Gorgeous car, but crazy pricing.
That's getting into Mclaren 720s territory. As much as I love the GT4RS, at $300k+ I have better options. Heck! I'd rather go buy a GT3 at that price and still have money left over.
The following users liked this post:
rp2000r (03-22-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 01:48 PM
josephr25
Burning Brakes

Received 631 Likes on 288 Posts

Unfortunately multiple dealers told me this was the case going forward with them once the GT4 RS was announced. Whatever is leftover from the VIP allocations... load up the rest, then first come first serve. Unless you give them the ADM up front immediately.
Old 03-22-2023, 02:09 PM
ADMfighter63
Banned

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

as many said, allocations seem to be ~$75-ish+
my dealer has a PTS Yachting Blue car...it wasn't specced for inventory (client ordered it then bought something else so this became available)...and they want $65, which seems about average though on the lower side for a landed PTS car. just my $0.02 in market analysis lol
Old 03-23-2023, 04:32 PM
ilovegt
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 34 Posts

I am getting worried about the current economics. So I am thinking about just waited it out for 1 more year and does anyone foresee the car can be had near at MSRP?
Old 03-23-2023, 04:34 PM
Mavzyx
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 70 Posts

I am getting worried about the current economics. So I am thinking about just waited it out for 1 more year and does anyone foresee the car can be had near at MSRP?
If you're worried about macroeconomics then I wouldn't buy a car like this. Just my two cents.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mavzyx:
Diablo Dude (03-23-2023), Jamipurs (03-26-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 05:21 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 712 Likes on 385 Posts

I foresee MSRP happening. I also foresee the gluttonous amount of 992 Gt3's going sub sticker quicker than you would believe. These small independent greaser dealers (think grand prix motors) are sinking so fast right now with the turning tides lowering values that they won't be able to feed the car frenzy of 2021 and 2022 anymore...They'll also most likely face a certain doom I don't wish upon them, but is going to be the reality given used car price index's almost certain collapse on top of high interest rates/carrying costs.

Sports car's are absolutely terrible terrible financial decisions, you will lose a lot of money buying, using and selling them. They are luxury goods, meant to be enjoyed. Once the posers who can't really afford these cars and greaser dealers unload their GT cars as the tide is going out, it will be wild how many are for sale.

GT cars are pretty much a dime a dozen at this point, RS included. Won't stop me from buying and enjoying them for years and years to come.

History repeats itself over and over, 2016 saw gt3rs for 100-150k over, 2019 saw gt3rs for 50k+ over....Both were 30k-50k under sticker by summer 2019. On top of sales tax, registration, insurance, then taking a 80-200k bath on depreciation, that is a true kick to the nuts. The ADM warriors (dealers in disguise + ADM suckas) will tell you this time is different... Your only decision is whether to believe them or not.

What's funny, is I believe a significant portion won't even want the GT4rs (or gt3) anymore once they get back down to sticker again. The hype train captures a lot of noobies that probably wouldn't be interested in the car to begin with (think rolex, no one gave a F when you could walk down and get whatever you wanted...)
Old 03-23-2023, 05:28 PM
Mavzyx
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
I foresee MSRP happening. I also foresee the gluttonous amount of 992 Gt3's going sub sticker quicker than you would believe. These small independent greaser dealers (think grand prix motors) are sinking so fast right now with the turning tides lowering values that they won't be able to feed the car frenzy of 2021 and 2022 anymore...They'll also most likely face a certain doom I don't wish upon them, but is going to be the reality given used car price index's almost certain collapse on top of high interest rates/carrying costs.

Sports car's are absolutely terrible terrible financial decisions, you will lose a lot of money buying, using and selling them. They are luxury goods, meant to be enjoyed. Once the posers who can't really afford these cars and greaser dealers unload their GT cars as the tide is going out, it will be wild how many are for sale.

GT cars are pretty much a dime a dozen at this point, RS included. Won't stop me from buying and enjoying them for years and years to come.

History repeats itself over and over, 2016 saw gt3rs for 100-150k over, 2019 saw gt3rs for 50k+ over....Both were 30k-50k under sticker by summer 2019. On top of sales tax, registration, insurance, then taking a 80-200k bath on depreciation, that is a true kick to the nuts. The ADM warriors (dealers in disguise + ADM suckas) will tell you this time is different... Your only decision is whether to believe them or not.

What's funny, is I believe a significant portion won't even want the GT4rs (or gt3) anymore once they get back down to sticker again. The hype train captures a lot of noobies that probably wouldn't be interested in the car to begin with (think rolex, no one gave a F when you could walk down and get whatever you wanted...)

You have been waffling about this for over a year now. We get your point and I think everyone would appreciate if you stopped repeating it once a week and twice on a Sunday.
The following 7 users liked this post by Mavzyx:
BlazinPond (03-23-2023), Diablo Dude (03-23-2023), DK7 (03-24-2023), GTSPYDER23 (03-28-2023), JAhmed (03-25-2023), NastyHabits (03-24-2023), Porsche2014 (03-24-2023) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: GT4 RS Allocation Thread