Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2023, 11:38 PM
TOporschefan
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche2014
Only about $(CDN)100K over new for this car. What a deal!
https://finder.porsche.com/ca/en-CA/...der=price_desc
sold
The following users liked this post:
Porsche2014 (06-07-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 11:48 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 662 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by rollsroy
Must've wanted the car now now now. Plenty of opportunities out there to build one for less if you can wait. This isn't a limited production car.
Just not true..

It's limited production for many other reasons. To date the lowest changeable allocation I have seen is 50 over.
Juggy (06-07-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 11:52 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 662 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by tonliu
I paid $50k over for an allocation to build my own car the way I wanted.
​Were you able to find better? If so maybe help those out here on the forum instead of putting them down.
You did great on a changeable PTS allocation. Still haven't seen one under 50K. Most changeable are still 70K over.
Old 06-06-2023, 11:57 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 591 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Just not true..

It's limited production for many other reasons. To date the lowest changeable allocation I have seen is 50 over.
Yeah mine was my personal spec at 40k over and they offered it to me out of thin air. $194k bu194kwith Weissach and PCCBs with 18ways and leather everything with Deviated stitching and pre the price hike that happend. My same build would be a 200k+ car msrp now.
Old 06-07-2023, 12:47 AM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 712 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by cooler2442
There's many, almost every SoCal owner of a 4RS I've met(personally talked to about 10+) has paid 50-80k over which adds up to 230-270k depending on your build. The car compares to a 991.2 3RS which is 250k also with the Weissach Package. Only those with big relationships receive them at MSRP(2 out of those 10+ that I know). Unless all GT3's / 3RS's start dropping then the 4RS's won't drop either.
They'll all drop. People don't have unlimited garage space and the sheer amount of GT cars being built AND for sale are hefty...extremely hefty. If supply goes way way up...well you know the rest. I mean 996 GT3 were 40k at one point, basically 1/3 of MSRP.....imagine telling a 992 GT3 buyer their car could be worth 70k in 5 years...they would lose their mind. Never say never on where you think prices may go, but I have noticed over the years when prices fall they fall more than you would ever think and faster....and when prices rise they seem to creep up more than you would ever imagine...

To the guy asking where do you get the under 50k allocations. Those are given away in the shadows to the people that have bought a lot and don't flip aka won't saturate the market. Imagine if rolex could sell 1 million daytonas to people that will lock them away in their collection never to see the used market (They would do it yesterday...and do exactly that now to a degree)...But, what I can get myself and what I can get some random person are two very different prices it seems.
Old 06-07-2023, 12:58 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,461 Likes on 2,538 Posts

Just ask yourself if a car is worth the asking price - as a car. I’m getting a new GT3 at MSRP around $203k and I think the car is overpriced for what it is. I can stretch to buy it at MSRP, but no way I’d pay a significant ADM. It’s a relatively simple car in terms of the technology and materials, and the profit margin is already high at MSRP.

I look at all of Porsche GT cars in this way.
Old 06-07-2023, 02:39 AM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 295 Posts

I'm locked in at +75k for a PTS car that I ordered last year, I'm picking it up in the next few weeks. This is the first and largest ADM I've ever paid for any car, my GT4 was at sticker. Hearing people getting their cars for +50k really makes me a little uneasy, and trust me I have considered other cars during this long wait.

Sticking to Porsche, I could have had a 991 GT3/GT3RS/GT3T, or 992 GT3... all with beautiful specs with PTS and the works and with some variations I could pocket 50-100k as well! The thing is, I've purchased used Porsches before and the one thing that always lingers in the back of my mind was "If I only had that ONE option, this car would be perfect, I would keep it forever" and with this GT4RS build, I have that. I have my dream spec and my forever car. On top of this, as crappy as it is, if you don't play the ADM game there is no way in hell you'll be able to secure a future allocation for whatever the next best thing is.

I can say this with confidence that even at $300k, there is no other car out there that has an airbox inches from my head, revs to 9000 and is as reliable as a Porsche.

Last edited by skafia; 06-07-2023 at 02:40 AM.
DP8 (06-08-2023)
Old 06-07-2023, 03:18 AM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 712 Likes on 385 Posts

This whole RL narrative of allocations being worth more for pts is crazy. You are getting raked over the coals for 13k from Porsche….don’t look at that as a gift. If it’s your thing, great more power to you, but I mean just because you can’t get got for 13k doesn’t mean you should want to.

if you are okay with your GT car being worth half what you paid for it (and should expect that, as I do myself as well) you are going to have a great time.

It should make you uneasy paying 75 over. I would honestly raise some hell on pick up and tell them market is 15-50 and they should do you a favor by only charging you the top end of that, middle of it if they ever want you to buy from them again.

be happy to give these trolls a call for you 5 mins before you call and raise hell for them dare asking for big gt4Rs allocation ADM so they are spooked when you call I’ll specifically ask for your troll sales guy. We got to work together around here more guys come on lol

Last edited by welikethetrack; 06-07-2023 at 03:22 AM.
lilbza (06-07-2023)
Old 06-07-2023, 03:27 AM
lilbza
Pro

Received 579 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
I would honestly raise some hell on pick up and tell them market is 15-50 and they should do you a favor by only charging you the top end of that, middle of it if they ever want you to buy from them again.
Absolutely this. It seems the ask for ADM's has softened some, so I'd definitely be trying to negotiate it down @skafia . Perhaps you could sweeten the deal by offering them right of first refusal should you ever decide to sell.
welikethetrack (06-07-2023)
Old 06-07-2023, 03:42 AM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 295 Posts

@welikethetrack @lilbza I like the way you guys think!
The following 2 users liked this post by skafia:
lilbza (06-07-2023), welikethetrack (06-07-2023)
Old 06-07-2023, 09:29 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by skafia
I'm locked in at +75k for a PTS car that I ordered last year, I'm picking it up in the next few weeks. This is the first and largest ADM I've ever paid for any car, my GT4 was at sticker. Hearing people getting their cars for +50k really makes me a little uneasy, and trust me I have considered other cars during this long wait.

Sticking to Porsche, I could have had a 991 GT3/GT3RS/GT3T, or 992 GT3... all with beautiful specs with PTS and the works and with some variations I could pocket 50-100k as well! The thing is, I've purchased used Porsches before and the one thing that always lingers in the back of my mind was "If I only had that ONE option, this car would be perfect, I would keep it forever" and with this GT4RS build, I have that. I have my dream spec and my forever car. On top of this, as crappy as it is, if you don't play the ADM game there is no way in hell you'll be able to secure a future allocation for whatever the next best thing is.

I can say this with confidence that even at $300k, there is no other car out there that has an airbox inches from my head, revs to 9000 and is as reliable as a Porsche.
No car is perfect unless you will it to be in your mind. It’s all about the experience, so it’s subjective. But our feelings about what we like in a car can change with our moods and over time. Hence a lot of people changing cars pretty often.

I currently have eight Porsches, and none is always my favorite, but I like the variety. One day, I enjoy the manual Cayman R more than the 991 or 992 Turbo S, the next day the opposite, the next day equally. It’s like food or music - there’s no one best, and variety is the spice of life. No Porsche could ever be worth a big ADM to me because no Porsche is the best in every way or even clearly the best overall.
josephr25 (06-07-2023)
Old 06-07-2023, 10:33 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

I can't even take some of these recent posts seriously.

The fact we're now saying a PTS car doesn't matter on resale, or attempting to dictate ADM to a dealer who frankly doesn't need to sell the care to a "Karen" on the show room floor.

Maybe it's just time for those that can't pay to play just click the Unsubscribe button on this thread.

I mean after..... the markup that was on the GT2RS is/ was/ and forever will remain unreasonable since the 3RS basically beats its ring time and destroys its looks.

Bunch of clowns in here.
The following 2 users liked this post by Justaroofer:
Diablo Dude (06-07-2023), LeftLane50mph (06-08-2023)
Old 06-07-2023, 10:46 AM
Jim Vinci
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't understand the fixation on ADM.
A. Porsche sets cost to dealer at 175K and MSRP at 200K, Dealer gets ADM of 50K Buyer pays 225K. Dealer makes 75k.
B. Porsche sets cost to dealer at 175K and MSRP at 225K Dealer sells at MSRP. Buyer pays 225K. Dealer makes 75k.
C. Porsche sets cost to dealer at 175K and MSRP at 240K Dealer sells 15 below MSRP. Buyer pays 225K. Dealer makes 75k

All that matters is: Is the car worth 225k to the buyer or not.
Old 06-07-2023, 10:53 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
I can't even take some of these recent posts seriously.

The fact we're now saying a PTS car doesn't matter on resale, or attempting to dictate ADM to a dealer who frankly doesn't need to sell the care to a "Karen" on the show room floor.

Maybe it's just time for those that can't pay to play just click the Unsubscribe button on this thread.

I mean after..... the markup that was on the GT2RS is/ was/ and forever will remain unreasonable since the 3RS basically beats its ring time and destroys its looks.

Bunch of clowns in here.
Looks are subjective. One person's beautiful is another person's hideous. So PTS matters on resale, but it depends on the PTS color.

GT2 RS is faster, but it only matters if you track the car and can drive it at a high level. And even then it doesn't necessarily matter much, because these aren't race cars and what ultimately matters is having fun. GT2 RS stands out because it's a RWD GT car but has power similar to a TTS. No other GT car packs that kind of punch.
Old 06-07-2023, 12:09 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by Manifold
Looks are subjective. One person's beautiful is another person's hideous. So PTS matters on resale, but it depends on the PTS color.

GT2 RS is faster, but it only matters if you track the car and can drive it at a high level. And even then it doesn't necessarily matter much, because these aren't race cars and what ultimately matters is having fun. GT2 RS stands out because it's a RWD GT car but has power similar to a TTS. No other GT car packs that kind of punch.
That's fair.

Yet it's still commanded a premium over sticker since 2018-2019 yes?

I mean the chromaflair Python painted 2RS that sold on Pcar market sold for almost $600k was still just a 2rs with a 6 figure paint job was it not?

Quick Reply: GT4 RS Allocation Thread