Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

What did you buy your 718 today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2022, 03:45 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 833 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
Nice S2000, I sold mine to make room and prep for my GT4. I'm going to miss that car, but the GT4 should be the obvious upgrade.
Thanks! I'm in the same boat and preparing it for sale. Trying to decide if I squeeze in the sale now or wait until spring. She's supercharged with lots of goodies. 427WHP lil monster. Very OEM plus build though...
(I went back to the OEM tail lights... didn't like those aftermarket ones...)
Sorry to divert the thread!

The following users liked this post:
Xxyion (08-25-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 03:59 PM
SlickxAC
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 165 Posts

I've been thinking of tiles, but am worried about it being dirty under as well. Debating if I should purchase those or just epoxy the garage.
Old 08-25-2022, 11:08 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 256 Posts

Old 08-26-2022, 04:37 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

Thanks to a fellow Rennlister, I picked up a used set of 20" O.Z. Racing Leggera HLT wheels for mounting my GT4's autocross tires when they come in. I was a little worried about clearance with the PCCBs, but after test-mounting it appears to be almost identical to the OEM GT4 wheels.!

The OZs have a 55 offset on the front rather than the stock 61, so they come out an extra 6mm. It looks like they will be just right.

Here are photos. I tested fitted the front wheel with no tire just to check PCCB clearance. The wheel is just about flush now, but once it gets some weight on it I expect it should tuck in. Now I just need for my new tires to get off backorder (the Yokohama A052). If it gets too much longer I might have to find a plan B tire.

The rear wheels look so wide when they are off the car!

Clearances look to be the same as OEM, leaving about 5mm at the closest in the barrel. I measured the barrels of both wheels (OEM & OZ) with a high accuracy laser at the same insets; where the PCCBs come closest. The barrel diameters were within 1mm of being the same.

The OZs do get a little closer than the stock wheel does right here due to a slightly more pronounced and farther inset bulge in the barrel next to the spokes.

Wheel weights will need to be mounted close to the spokes or they might hit if placed farther inside the barrel.
Here's the position of the old weights. I've since removed them to get a clean surface before installing new tires.

Last edited by StormRune; 08-26-2022 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-26-2022, 08:32 PM
slowdown
Instructor

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

I got my Soul OAP and VC installed today. It sounds great, and I'm in love. I'm planning to stop at this point in my exhaust mods.

Btw, the OEM exhaust tips are made by Remus (see pic below). I'm guessing they make the overall OEM exhaust system for our cars...

The following 2 users liked this post by slowdown:
MannyLon (08-27-2022), mc3456 (08-31-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 08:36 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 256 Posts
Default A little color matching

Old 08-26-2022, 10:04 PM
Bents
Rennlist Member

Received 593 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
Thanks to a fellow Rennlister, I picked up a used set of 20" O.Z. Racing Leggera HLT wheels for mounting my GT4's autocross tires when they come in. I was a little worried about clearance with the PCCBs, but after test-mounting it appears to be almost identical to the OEM GT4 wheels.!

The OZs have a 55 offset on the front rather than the stock 61, so they come out an extra 6mm. It looks like they will be just right.

Here are photos. I tested fitted the front wheel with no tire just to check PCCB clearance. The wheel is just about flush now, but once it gets some weight on it I expect it should tuck in. Now I just need for my new tires to get off backorder (the Yokohama A052). If it gets too much longer I might have to find a plan B tire.

The rear wheels look so wide when they are off the car!

Clearances look to be the same as OEM, leaving about 5mm at the closest in the barrel. I measured the barrels of both wheels (OEM & OZ) with a high accuracy laser at the same insets; where the PCCBs come closest. The barrel diameters were within 1mm of being the same.

The OZs do get a little closer than the stock wheel does right here due to a slightly more pronounced and farther inset bulge in the barrel next to the spokes.

Wheel weights will need to be mounted close to the spokes or they might hit if placed farther inside the barrel.
Here's the position of the old weights. I've since removed them to get a clean surface before installing new tires.
Wow. I would not be comfortable with that.
Old 08-26-2022, 10:50 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Bents
Wow. I would not be comfortable with that.
Here's a photo of the factory wheel's clearance. It's the same about as close as I can measure - at least within a millimeter. It's just what the PCCBs do. But yeah, I was hoping the gap would get at least a little bigger.

'

You can see the rock scoring from one or more pieces of gravel that got stuck between the caliper and the barrel (OEM wheel)

Last edited by StormRune; 08-26-2022 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-27-2022, 01:08 AM
SlickxAC
Rennlist Member

From what I know some 20" wheels have the same amount of brake clearance as 19" wheels due to the inner barrel design. This true for wheels such a Volks. That could be why your 20" OZ's are so close the brakes(even closer then oem). I currently have a set of forgelines in 19's and it has the same amount of clearance as your 20" OZ. They are also for sale if anyone is interested in them. As my new wheels should arrive next week.
Old 08-27-2022, 12:36 PM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFunk
I considered this however it would just drive me insane thinking about all the filth and dirt and mold? hiding under the tiles. Do you wash inside your garage?
I do a lot of washing in mine, and in the winter months here there's a lot of nasty slush that come off the cars... I may go with some type of liquid art as a replacement of my current floor...
To keep the content here Porsche and GT4 - here's a pic of my buddy washing his 981 GT4, you can also see his car up on the lift in the background in another pic... then a pic of me playing with the configurator on my hopefully soon to own 718 Spyder! ...
Yes - the floor is slippery when wet though...
I went with VCT (vinyl commercial tile) in my garage. They are 12"x12", and available in tons of colors so you can do a pattern. You glue them down, and nothing's getting underneath them. One caveat: like you, I have floor drains and do wash my cars inside often. As I found out the hard way, Sonax wheel cleaner (and possibly others) will melt the vinyl. In my case, I discovered after only one wash and it was easy enough to scrape up the ruined ones and replace them (I kept a box of spares of each color on hand just in case). Here is an in-progress picture showing the tiles:

Old 08-27-2022, 12:39 PM
Frank Torres
Instructor

Received 333 Likes on 113 Posts

I ordered the Soul Catless Race headers and valve controller. Things should be interesting.
Old 08-27-2022, 12:48 PM
AtoB
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by slowdown
I got my Soul OAP and VC installed today. It sounds great, and I'm in love. I'm planning to stop at this point in my exhaust mods.

Btw, the OEM exhaust tips are made by Remus (see pic below). I'm guessing they make the overall OEM exhaust system for our cars...

funny, im where you are.. OAPs and valves wide open.. so much better now. but am really on the fence about the exhaust... its a big ticket item, and im just not sold that the sound/tone is going to justify that cost.
slowdown (08-27-2022)
Old 08-27-2022, 12:55 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by AtoB
...but am really on the fence about the exhaust... its a big ticket item, and im just not sold that the sound/tone is going to justify that cost.
Make some room on that fence. Just not sold enough to drop $6K on some sound. My $12 collars are so far doing the job.
rwm (08-27-2022)
Old 08-27-2022, 01:29 PM
vtplm
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts

Agreed. I bought soul oaps and had them ceramic coated as well as some soul exhaust tips because I feel like the OEM ones just fill out the gap well enough. Going to keep the back box stock if not just for cost but so I don't need to store the OEM one somewhere in my limited garage space.
tigerhonaker (08-27-2022)
Old 08-27-2022, 09:47 PM
SlickxAC
Rennlist Member

I personally think a back box(rear mulffler) is worth it as it changes the tone of the car to be more high pitched. You can purchase just the rear and keep the oem OPF/GPF to keep the sound decibels at a lower level. Cargraphic, soul and a couple others sell the rear on its own for around 3-3500.00. OAP's alone already cost around 2000.00. I personally have the Kline Innovation full OAP+Rear and it was well worth the money to me.
The following 4 users liked this post by SlickxAC:
flynlo (08-29-2022), MaddMike (08-27-2022), SupremePower (08-27-2022), Unstock (09-02-2022)

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 718 today?