Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

What did you buy your 718 today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2022, 01:38 AM
DreiPedals
Instructor

Received 117 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Zee Germanz
I quoted the wrong person the first time around, let's try this again:

Would you mind sharing the vendor and part # specifically for the shark blue key inserts? I've seen someone else on the forum find a set but they were not correctly compatible with a 718 GT4 key format; if yours are working, a share of the source would really be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 09-03-2022, 02:43 AM
doublejeopardy
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NCheok
For those who wanted to see the end results and also where to order the genuine Porsche bezel Suncoast supplies them.

Was it actually 7:18? What does the Eject-o button control?
Old 09-03-2022, 04:42 AM
Zee Germanz
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by DreiPedals
I quoted the wrong person the first time around, let's try this again:

Would you mind sharing the vendor and part # specifically for the shark blue key inserts? I've seen someone else on the forum find a set but they were not correctly compatible with a 718 GT4 key format; if yours are working, a share of the source would really be appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi - I ordered them directly from the OPC. Cost more than an eBay set, but I was happy to get OEM.
Old 09-03-2022, 07:00 AM
lnirenberg
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by enduro
@lnirenberg interested what you think about the Falkens, and if any rubbing front or rear. Also, how much front camber and which plates (so I can take rubbing reports in context)? Ready to move on from Cup2 for moderate tracking, but no SC3R anywhere on the horizon.

Used the 3/4 spec for alignment. No rubbing on my street drive. I have not been blown away by the cup 2s on this car so I took a friends recommendation on the Falkens until/if SC3Rs ever show up.
Old 09-05-2022, 04:39 PM
planolemans
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 57 Posts

I finally got around to install the BMC air filter that I got from newegg in the gt4. I know I am slow but could Porsche make it more of a pain? It took me 2.5 hours to change the air filter. The longest part was taking apart all the interior panels aft of the engine and putting it back together. Who would have thought that you have to remove the ecu to get to the filter. If you do change your filter, spend the money and get a life time filter. You don't want to do this job every few years. For my part I had to do it twice; I lost my 10mm socket behind the carpet. Of course, I only realized that after I buttoned everything up😬. Tempted to just leave it there since I have 6 10mm sockets😄😄😄

Last edited by planolemans; 09-05-2022 at 04:42 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by planolemans:
CDACH (09-05-2022), Dan Nagy (09-05-2022), DFW01TT (09-06-2022), slilley (09-06-2022)
Old 09-05-2022, 05:48 PM
edub
Pro

Received 342 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFunk
I considered this however it would just drive me insane thinking about all the filth and dirt and mold? hiding under the tiles. Do you wash inside your garage?
I do a lot of washing in mine, and in the winter months here there's a lot of nasty slush that come off the cars... I may go with some type of liquid art as a replacement of my current floor...
If the floor is sloped, it will continue to drain the way it always has with the tiles. I don't spray in my garage, but I do wash (and hose off outside the garage). All I've noticed is having to run a fan to keep air circulating as the garage dries out, otherwise there is s smell the next day.

My floor slopes towards the door, instead of a proper floor drain setup, so by the looks of it, I think you'd be fine with the tiles and washing indoors.
Old 09-05-2022, 06:25 PM
Growler48
Instructor

Received 179 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by planolemans
I finally got around to install the BMC air filter that I got from newegg in the gt4. I know I am slow but could Porsche make it more of a pain? It took me 2.5 hours to change the air filter. The longest part was taking apart all the interior panels aft of the engine and putting it back together. Who would have thought that you have to remove the ecu to get to the filter. If you do change your filter, spend the money and get a life time filter. You don't want to do this job every few years. For my part I had to do it twice; I lost my 10mm socket behind the carpet. Of course, I only realized that after I buttoned everything up😬. Tempted to just leave it there since I have 6 10mm sockets😄😄😄
Be wary of the term “lifetime”. The filter element itself may be, but the rubber around it isn’t. Most people don’t keep their vehicles long term, but as part of my annual servicing of my BMW motorcycle with a BMC air filter, the rubber around it that makes the seal fell apart. It has been in my bike for 13 years. Not lifetime.

The following 2 users liked this post by Growler48:
Dan Nagy (09-05-2022), slilley (09-06-2022)
Old 09-05-2022, 07:26 PM
virdoc
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

I need to replace Spyder interior trim pieces with black brushed aluminum, including the door trim on full leather. I see the center console piece and dash pieces for sale on SunCoast, but I don’t see the door trim piece being available. The only thing I’ve found is a carbon fiber “cover” which can be taped over the existing trim piece. Can anyone help me find black brushed aluminum door trim pieces?

TIA
Old 09-05-2022, 08:14 PM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by virdoc
I need to replace Spyder interior trim pieces with black brushed aluminum, including the door trim on full leather. I see the center console piece and dash pieces for sale on SunCoast, but I don’t see the door trim piece being available. The only thing I’ve found is a carbon fiber “cover” which can be taped over the existing trim piece. Can anyone help me find black brushed aluminum door trim pieces?

TIA
my understanding is that door trim bits aren’t available through Posche’s parts department. Those bits are plastic-welded to the door panel. Swapping them out isn’t impossible, but it isn’t as straightforward as the other trim pieces.

Your best bet is eBay. however, my suspicion is that black brushed aluminum isn’t easy to come by.
Old 09-05-2022, 08:26 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by virdoc

TIA
I wrapped them on my last P-car:

Old 09-05-2022, 09:55 PM
Ubersteuernen
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 808c2s
Check this image out. This is what I did for my installation.

Attachment 1331014
So I managed to get the standard size fuse plug and tried the 5th open slot on row C, and 4th open slow on row D, but couldn't get the camera to power on.
I tried the other open slots and still got the same result
The black wire / ground was connected behind the washer / nut to the left of the fuse box. Not sure where the problem is and this is turning out to be harder than I originally thought, lol

Old 09-05-2022, 10:09 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Ubersteuernen
So I managed to get the standard size fuse plug and tried the 5th open slot on row C, and 4th open slow on row D, but couldn't get the camera to power on.
The black wire / ground was connected behind the washer / nut to the left of the fuse box. Not sure where the problem is and this is turning out to be harder than I originally thought, lol
If it helps here are my connections on the passenger side for my BlackVue. I forget which is switched and unswitched but can try to figure it out if needed. You can see the BlackVue Power Magic Pro tucked in at the bottom too. The ground is in the same spot as yours.

EDIT: See next post!

Last edited by StormRune; 09-05-2022 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-05-2022, 10:12 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

Oh, I see! You have to put fuses in the taps like I have. Without them you are not completing the circuit.

To get everything to fit into the box and the lid on, I had to flip the tap upside down so the wires point towards the top and the new fuses toward the right. Otherwise I'm using the same locations as in your first photos.

Last edited by StormRune; 09-05-2022 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-06-2022, 02:03 AM
808c2s
Burning Brakes

Received 461 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Ubersteuernen

You have to put another fuse into the tap one like StormRune mentioned.
Old 09-06-2022, 09:43 AM
RY04KLY
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Purchased a GT4 RS PDK Lever with Silver stitching and split collars for the exhaust valve mod.

My AG 718 GT4 has just locked in production so will hopefully be fitting in the next 4-6 weeks!

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 718 today?