Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 02:07 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,702 Likes on 2,736 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
I don't recall Chrono being optional when I built my 22 Spyder. Was it? What is in that spot on the dash if no Chrono? I'm not sure I've ever seen one that way.
The Chrono is a standard feature on the 718 Spyder, but funny enough not on the 718 GT4...

This is what the dash looks like without it.

The following users liked this post:
SpyderSenseOC (11-12-2022)
Old 11-12-2022, 02:10 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,345 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
Yellow also doesn't pair well with Chalk.
What!!!??? I'm insulted! Yellow pairs soooo well with Chalk.
DreiPedals (11-12-2022)
Old 11-12-2022, 02:11 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,345 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
The Chrono is a standard feature on the 718 Spyder, but funny enough not on the 718 GT4...

This is what the dash looks like without it.

Porsche does some odd things. If you don't want the Chrono you still get the customized dash spot where it should be. So wrong.
Old 11-12-2022, 02:25 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,702 Likes on 2,736 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
Porsche does some odd things. If you don't want the Chrono you still get the customized dash spot where it should be. So wrong.
All about encouraging you to check the option boxes I suppose?

For example, on the Spyder you can't opt for the center mark on the steering wheel, and you get silver wheels, Satin Platinum is a cost option, the GT4 comes with them as standard, and you can get the steering wheel stripe in red or yellow.

On the GT4, you have to add the cost option of Sport Chrono, but you can't get that clock with a yellow background...

Old 11-12-2022, 02:33 PM
GoodRevrnd
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 71 Posts

Thanks for feedback. Few comments:
  • Do the paint matched washers look bad or are just superfluous? The black contrast didn't thrill me.
  • Interesting call-out on dashcam. I assumed if nothing else it would make wiring more accessible.
  • Auotodim mirrors are staying. Have them on my old M5 and work great, and while my night driving will likely be near zero I'll stick with this option.
  • Leather fuse box is obviously superfluous and me checking too many boxes.
  • If I didn't check leather steering column that was an oversight.
  • Y'all need to sell me on the 2-zone climate control. I've never been in a car where this works beyond separate fan speeds, incl. Audi.
  • Not bothering with Bose, have after market Focal in my M5 and this car won't be a daily. I don't I would upgrade, but generally upgrading a system is easier to start from the base so you're not fighting extra speaker locations or odd DSP systems, but if anyone here knows otherwise that would be helpful.
  • No black wheels, absolutely not to my taste. Black calipers are to eliminate red so the yellow inside works, which brings us to the color discussion...

I absolutely agree and disagree with you. I am a less is more person although I think a little flash in a car like this is warranted. I shared the same concerns about chalk and yellow in the chalk thread, but it seemed to look pretty good at least on a Spyder. The quantity of stitching I feel is appropriate to accent the interior otherwise it's a sea of black. Chalk trim looks great in pictures and adds some much needed contrast to the interior, but I am a hair concerned it might look cheap in person. If not chalk it will be leather, I'm very anti CF and the aluminum isn't doing it for me. With yellow interior I would get a cover for or drop the extinguisher. My non yellow build would be silver or chalk stitching, red marker, red Chrono, red calipers. I think this nicely suits less is more with some accents. I'm not fan of red calipers but they do look nice on white/silver color families.

This build doesn't lock until March so I have plenty of time to figure it out, and pray for a miracle to switch to PTS Oslo Blue.

Last edited by GoodRevrnd; 11-12-2022 at 02:41 PM.
Old 11-12-2022, 02:59 PM
nikuhina
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by richedw
Same here. As of Thursday, TYD was showing 'On Vessel' 11/11with dealer delivery on 12/2. Now showing on 'on vessel' of 11/25 with a dealer delivery date of 12/16. I'm outside of Philadelphia.

😭 looks like we must’ve just missed a boat!
Old 11-12-2022, 11:49 PM
Clark_Kent
Racer

Received 182 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by GoodRevrnd
Thanks for feedback. Few comments:
  • Do the paint matched washers look bad or are just superfluous? The black contrast didn't thrill me. It's the latter. It doesn't seem necessary to paint match them; however, it's personal preference like most options.
  • Interesting call-out on dashcam. I assumed if nothing else it would make wiring more accessible. That's a fair assumption, but that hasn't been confirmed since this is a new option. Since your build won't lock for some time, as others take delivery of their MY23 I'm sure you'll be better informed soon enough.
  • Auotodim mirrors are staying. Have them on my old M5 and work great, and while my night driving will likely be near zero I'll stick with this option. Agree, I believe this option is necessary.
  • Leather fuse box is obviously superfluous and me checking too many boxes. Yes, it's not necessary.
  • If I didn't check leather steering column that was an oversight. Check.
  • Y'all need to sell me on the 2-zone climate control. I've never been in a car where this works beyond separate fan speeds, incl. Audi. There's the convenience factor and the read out just looks better. The blank buttons will drive me nuts.
  • Not bothering with Bose, have after market Focal in my M5 and this car won't be a daily. I don't I would upgrade, but generally upgrading a system is easier to start from the base so you're not fighting extra speaker locations or odd DSP systems, but if anyone here knows otherwise that would be helpful. Check.
  • No black wheels, absolutely not to my taste. Black calipers are to eliminate red so the yellow inside works, which brings us to the color discussion...

I absolutely agree and disagree with you. I am a less is more person although I think a little flash in a car like this is warranted. I shared the same concerns about chalk and yellow in the chalk thread, but it seemed to look pretty good at least on a Spyder. The quantity of stitching I feel is appropriate to accent the interior otherwise it's a sea of black. Chalk trim looks great in pictures and adds some much needed contrast to the interior, but I am a hair concerned it might look cheap in person. If not chalk it will be leather, I'm very anti CF and the aluminum isn't doing it for me. With yellow interior I would get a cover for or drop the extinguisher. My non yellow build would be silver or chalk stitching, red marker, red Chrono, red calipers. I think this nicely suits less is more with some accents. I'm not fan of red calipers but they do look nice on white/silver color families. I completely understand that some flash makes sense in this type of car but the heavily paint matched interior bits just screams cheesy to me and gives me Pep Boys. Maybe I'm a little old school or a tradionalist but also don't do the colored gauges. Just give me the standard black and I'm good. Look, this is definitely personal preference. If you like it, go for it. I think these discussions are helpful because they stimulate dialogue and will ultimately make your build better. A member sharing an anecdote may make you remove/add an option or provide confirmation for what you selected.

This build doesn't lock until March so I have plenty of time to figure it out, and pray for a miracle to switch to PTS Oslo Blue.
See response in red font.
GoodRevrnd (11-13-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 12:04 AM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,357 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by nikuhina
Uh oh, bad news, hope not many others are "in the same boat", so to speak...

Day of TYD-official (June 2022), delivery date was 11/18

Since then, the delivery date has changed to 12/23, then 12/16...

And finally today (2022/11/11), the day it is supposed to get onto a ship, the delivery date changes to... 2023/01/06... 🤬😭

Anyone else also have their delivery date of 12/16 postponed to 2023/01/06? UuuUUUUUuuUUUUuUUgh.....

I Havnt checked mine but I did get the email scheduling my PEC LA delivery date for Jan 13th so even if it doesn’t get there till the 6th I’m not too worried. My car is definitely aboard a ship though and I’ve been tracking it ever since.
Old 11-14-2022, 08:31 AM
RxVol
Advanced

Received 118 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by GoodRevrnd
  • Y'all need to sell me on the 2-zone climate control. I've never been in a car where this works beyond separate fan speeds, incl. Audi.
You may already know this but keep in mind that with the base climate system, you cannot set a specific temperature for the system to target. It's just an adjustment for warmer or cooler

Last edited by RxVol; 11-14-2022 at 12:15 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 11-14-2022, 09:03 AM
Toon902
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts
Default CT-assembly?

My latest update shows that I’m at V280 (Vehicle entry to CT assembly) which comes after V270 (Vehicle Exit Production). It’s showing 3 weeks in this CT phase, whatever that is! Any insights on this phase would be appreciated!
Old 11-14-2022, 12:03 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,765 Likes on 2,127 Posts

Originally Posted by Toon902
My latest update shows that I’m at V280 (Vehicle entry to CT assembly) which comes after V270 (Vehicle Exit Production). It’s showing 3 weeks in this CT phase, whatever that is! Any insights on this phase would be appreciated!
Believe “CT” is for Custom Tailoring. Did you get any CXX options?
Old 11-14-2022, 12:23 PM
Toon902
Advanced

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Believe “CT” is for Custom Tailoring. Did you get any CXX options?
Not sure what CXX options are, but here’s my build. Clearly something in here warrants an extra month in production! 😭

Old 11-14-2022, 12:28 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Not sure what CXX options are, but here’s my build. Clearly something in here warrants an extra month in production! 😭

possibly the Porsche Crest in the headrests and the illuminated carbon door sills?
Toon902 (11-14-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 12:34 PM
Toon902
Advanced

Originally Posted by Xxyion
possibly the Porsche Crest in the headrests and the illuminated carbon door sills?
That’s what I get for padding the option list in return for the allocation! At least the car is “built” and with winter approaching in Canada, the delay isn’t really a big deal…

But as everyone in the Waiting Room knows, and to quote the late, great Tom Petty, “The waiting is the hardest part”
JBM718GTS (11-14-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 12:39 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

That’s what I get for padding the option list in return for the allocation! At least the car is “built” and with winter approaching in Canada, the delay isn’t really a big deal…

But as everyone in the Waiting Room knows, and to quote the late, great Tom Petty, “The waiting is the hardest part”
I have to say, I think the hardest part of waiting is actually when it gets on a ship. I thought I was incessant at checking TYD for updates? I'm spamming the vessel locator and watching the ship slowly creep its way across the Atlantic. I know it'll be worth the wait (assuming they don't deny me a loan for whatever reason) but man...I don't think I've ever been this obsessed about tracking before.
Toon902 (11-14-2022)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...