Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2022 | 04:01 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MrFunk
I feel like a minority here with a recent new allocation from last Friday (Spyder) for a March build. Not too many allocations these days and I feel like not many to come either - so I'm very fortunate.

Anyone else just got in? I'm still pinching myself

I haven't received my TYD intro email yet, so called the 1800 number yesterday, they said they would get it initiated and I should be receiving it within a few days.

I wonder why build times are lagging so far behind allocations now. When I received an allocation in late January I had two weeks to build the car before my freeze date of mid February and the car was built by the end of March. Now it looks like allocations are six months away from when the car actually gets built. A lot can happen in six months.
Old 11-16-2022 | 04:08 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

The GM told me today that the Spyder production is on its last legs, apparently no more new allocations. Didn't ask for specific deadline, so sporadic builds are probably trickling. From mid 23 on the allocations will be for the (apparently confirmed) Spyder RS. I take these things with a grain of salt, but there's the info.

My car is ready for transport, might be here for the snowy weekend. According to him the PDI on Spyder/GT4 is more involved. Or they don't want to pay extra hours, whatever one believes.
The following users liked this post:
MrFunk (11-16-2022)
Old 11-16-2022 | 04:11 PM
GoodRevrnd
Racer

Originally Posted by MrFunk
I haven't received my TYD intro email yet, so called the 1800 number yesterday, they said they would get it initiated and I should be receiving it within a few days.
When are you supposed to receive this? My SA indicated it isn't until clos to lock date, if not after.

Last edited by GoodRevrnd; 11-16-2022 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-16-2022 | 04:28 PM
SW6
Advanced

I got a TYD email link the day after my dealer called to tell me they had an allocation for me, which was May 2nd. The build didn't lock until August or September, although it was originally supposed to lock in mid July.
Old 11-16-2022 | 04:36 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
I wonder why build times are lagging so far behind allocations now. When I received an allocation in late January I had two weeks to build the car before my freeze date of mid February and the car was built by the end of March. Now it looks like allocations are six months away from when the car actually gets built. A lot can happen in six months.
I got my allocation in May and my build didn't lock until August. My car is on a ship right now and I will be picking it up in January 2023. 8 months from allocation to delivery, and I will say right now, because of how long it took and the massive changes to the economy, I've had multiple conversations with myself and with my girlfriend as to whether or not this is still something I can do. Its really annoying that it had to be this way and a big part of me regrets not taking the first allocation I was offered as it had a lock date 1 week out with delivery in April (Feb allocation). I just couldn't as I wanted to make sure all my funds were in place first.

Even now, a little under 2 months away from delivery and we're still talking about whether or not this is something that we can do. It really sucks and I wish I wasn't in this position...but it is what it is.
The following 2 users liked this post by Xxyion:
nikuhina (11-16-2022), SpyderSenseOC (11-16-2022)
Old 11-16-2022 | 04:36 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
Yes - 4 months from allocation to build. 3 months till freeze. Seems like it's been like that for the last 6 months though or more though? My SA said it could come in sooner - and we all know it could be longer

Originally Posted by GoodRevrnd
When are you supposed to receive this? My SA indicated it isn't until clos to lock date, if not after.
Yeah my SA said usually you don't get the email until the car goes into production. But through research I saw some others just called in to the 1800 number and had it initiated that way instead of waiting...

Last edited by MrFunk; 11-16-2022 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-16-2022 | 04:40 PM
GoodRevrnd
Racer

Okay, may try that route. I thought part of this was reminders lock is coming and with my lock date not until March I want to be sure to reconfirm the build for any order stops or changes of heart.

Thought maybe it's because the TYD service is down, but could just be on my end.

Old 11-16-2022 | 04:48 PM
nikuhina
Instructor

Originally Posted by Xxyion
I got my allocation in May and my build didn't lock until August. My car is on a ship right now and I will be picking it up in January 2023. 8 months from allocation to delivery, and I will say right now, because of how long it took and the massive changes to the economy, I've had multiple conversations with myself and with my girlfriend as to whether or not this is still something I can do. Its really annoying that it had to be this way and a big part of me regrets not taking the first allocation I was offered as it had a lock date 1 week out with delivery in April (Feb allocation). I just couldn't as I wanted to make sure all my funds were in place first.

Even now, a little under 2 months away from delivery and we're still talking about whether or not this is something that we can do. It really sucks and I wish I wasn't in this position...but it is what it is.
Generalizing away from your specific situation... if for any reason, one of us chooses to NOT take delivery of the car, does the dealership keep our deposit? Is there any recourse for us customers getting all of the deposit back?
Old 11-16-2022 | 04:58 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Okay, may try that route. I thought part of this was reminders lock is coming and with my lock date not until March I want to be sure to reconfirm the build for any order stops or changes of heart.

Thought maybe it's because the TYD service is down, but could just be on my end.
Yeah that's what I was getting -
I don't think it's linked to your account until they send the welcome email.
Old 11-16-2022 | 05:09 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by nikuhina
Generalizing away from your specific situation... if for any reason, one of us chooses to NOT take delivery of the car, does the dealership keep our deposit? Is there any recourse for us customers getting all of the deposit back?
I personally signed a paper saying my deposit was non-refundable, but at the end of the day I think it really just depends on how good of a person the salesperson is right? While I don't really know my SA since they are in another state, based on when we have talked it does seem like they would be understanding due to current economic situations that I would need to not take the car

that being said, I'd hate to have waited 8 months only to say goodbye, so personally for me I'd probably still buy the car and then enjoy it for like a month or so and then just immediately sell it. Sure I'd prob take a bit of a loss, but since this is my dream car I'd rather enjoy it even if just for a little bit and then to lose it, than to never get to enjoy it at all
Old 11-16-2022 | 05:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Finally got my fully built photo using the "hack". Never showed up on the app or online. Oddly enough the time stamp is 8/31 so it sat at the factory for a long time (2 months) and the TYD didn't trigger the built notification until it was shipping. I think they've built in ways to manage our expectations with the port being way behind and over capacity. Glad it's on the boat heading towards Houston from Jacksonville but the timing is rough with Thanksgiving.
Old 11-16-2022 | 06:54 PM
RxVol
Advanced

I got my TYD invite email the day after I secured my allocation last week. My lock date isn't until end of March
Old 11-16-2022 | 06:59 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

I personally signed a paper saying my deposit was non-refundable, but at the end of the day I think it really just depends on how good of a person the salesperson is right? While I don't really know my SA since they are in another state, based on when we have talked it does seem like they would be understanding due to current economic situations that I would need to not take the car

that being said, I'd hate to have waited 8 months only to say goodbye, so personally for me I'd probably still buy the car and then enjoy it for like a month or so and then just immediately sell it. Sure I'd prob take a bit of a loss, but since this is my dream car I'd rather enjoy it even if just for a little bit and then to lose it, than to never get to enjoy it at all
In some states I believe it is illegal to keep a vehicle deposit. In practice it probably does happen, but only a sleezy dealer would keep a deposit on a car he sells in one day for what you agreed to pay or more.
Old 11-16-2022 | 07:21 PM
patdonahue
Pro

Originally Posted by 008
Finally got my fully built photo using the "hack". Never showed up on the app or online. Oddly enough the time stamp is 8/31 so it sat at the factory for a long time (2 months) and the TYD didn't trigger the built notification until it was shipping. I think they've built in ways to manage our expectations with the port being way behind and over capacity. Glad it's on the boat heading towards Houston from Jacksonville but the timing is rough with Thanksgiving.
How did you get the photo out of the hack? It says I have photos available, but they never have shown up in the TYD although all other functions on the TYD have worked as advertised..
Thanks,
Pat D
Old 11-16-2022 | 07:24 PM
Lucifer
Burning Brakes

Talking from experience here - it took me several years to understand I rather collect experiences than money. Very soon you won't be able to get this car customized to your liking, "your car". Worst case scenario if things don't work out you can probably sell it without losing too much (if it all). In a few states you would lose the sales tax, but that's about it. In my opinion that's worth the risk.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...